Traffic Board: Much Hate

7,754 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Miles7
riverrataggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

4. When you get in a fender bender because you were iPhonging or following too close, get your damn car off the freaking road.

Agreed. They need to make it a law that if you get in a wreck and the car and you are able to exit then you need to do so.
GrapevineAg
AG
AggieDarlin said:

Tatem said:

my husband will flash his lights at people who are driving too slow in the fast lane. Most of the time it works.
He's from the north, I guess it's more common up there to do this.

I just get over to their right side and frantically point at their tires. Usually works
Brilliant!
Satellite of Love
But if I am passin people doing 70 then I don't have to GTFOYW. I ain't talking about doing 50 in a 60. I don't need to race out of your way because you can't handle the flow of traffic.
Trident 88
AG
Ag with kids said:

If I'm in the left lane doing 9 mph over the limit and you get right on my ass, I'll get over when I get a chance.

But, I'm not going to speed up to 90 to make that happen quicker.

You want a ****ing speeding ticket? Go right ahead and get one. But, I am not going to get one just so you can haul ass.

And once I move over to let you pass me once or twice on the highway, that's it. If you keep falling behind me again and again because you're too stupid to use cruise control and can't maintain a consistent speed, then gfy dumbass. Pass me on the right.
Ag with kids
AG
Trident 88 said:

Ag with kids said:

If I'm in the left lane doing 9 mph over the limit and you get right on my ass, I'll get over when I get a chance.

But, I'm not going to speed up to 90 to make that happen quicker.

You want a ****ing speeding ticket? Go right ahead and get one. But, I am not going to get one just so you can haul ass.

And once I move over to let you pass me once or twice on the highway, that's it. If you keep falling behind me again and again because you're too stupid to use cruise control and can't maintain a consistent speed, then gfy dumbass. Pass me on the right.

I'm with you there, 100%

If you're not driving a car from the 70s, you've got ****ing cruise control. Use it dumbass...
Ag with kids
AG
I REALLY hate the people that haul ass right up to your bumper and sit 2 feet behind you. Then you get a chance to move over and let them by and they pass you going 0.0000001 mph faster than you so you have to hit the ****ing brakes because the guy in the middle lane is going slower than you...
Cromagnum
AG
blindey said:

B-1 83 said:

Furlock Bones said:

B-1 83 said:

As a side note to numbers 1 and 2, if I'm in that left lane passing traffic on my right, getting on my bumper will not make me go the 90 miles an hour you desire thereby endangering my life and those around me. I will get in the right lane when I finish passing. This does not mean I will squeeze between 2 of those slower cars creating an unsafe distance. Deal with it.
tells me you don't know how to properly and safely drive. if there are faster vehicles behind you, you need to momentarily speed up and make your pass more quickly. then, slow down to your preferred speed. it is not a difficult concept. but, it is the safest and most efficient way to make your pass.
Not if that "momentary speed up" takes me to 90. That's just stupid on multiple levels.
That may have been stupid back in the day when no one had power steering or brakes. But now my car comfortably climbs up to 90 (and right back down) without any real concern for safety. And besides, the limit on rural interstates is already up to 85.

Not anywhere in or near to Harris County it isn't.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Ag with kids said:

I REALLY hate the people that haul ass right up to your bumper and sit 2 feet behind you. Then you get a chance to move over and let them by and they pass you going 0.0000001 mph faster than you so you have to hit the ****ing brakes because the guy in the middle lane is going slower than you...
middle lane? what the heck is that? Aint no roads around here with one of them!
PrincessButtercup
AG
Satellite of Love said:

Your husband is an idiot. In Texas it is a passing lane, not a drive how ever fast you want lane.
Or act like a ****** canoe yankee, lane.
Tatem
chiken said:

Tatem said:

my husband will flash his lights at people who are driving too slow in the fast lane. Most of the time it works.
your husband gon get shot in Houston for doing this.

probably
he has some road rage issues
Tatem
Satellite of Love said:

Your husband is an idiot. In Texas it is a passing lane, not a drive how ever fast you want lane.

so people should pass and then get over.

You all do realize I said he's from up North.

Norms are different up there. That doesn't necessarily make him an idiot.
It makes you ignorant if you don't understand culture differences

riverrataggie
AG
BMW drivers. Amirite?
Ag with kids
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

Ag with kids said:

I drive a Jeep. I make my OWN middle lane...
AggieIce
AG
I was in that same traffic this morning of GWB
rhoswen
AG
Houston - where slower traffic keeps left and the right lane is for passing only.
FTAggies
it's amazing how many people don't use cruise control, it's like they're texting or on the phone then suddenly they can speed up again, and then you pass them again, then they speed up to try and pass again, pisses me off to no end, that and the people hanging out in the left lane just chilling, do me a favor and get over, the left lane is not for hanging out and playing bingo; let me pass then get back over and piss off the next guy.
AggieDarlin
AG
FTAggies said:

it's amazing how many people don't use cruise control, it's like they're texting or on the phone then suddenly they can speed up again, and then you pass them again, then they speed up to try and pass again, pisses me off to no end, that and the people hanging out in the left lane just chilling, do me a favor and get over, the left lane is not for hanging out and playing bingo; let me pass then get back over and piss off the next guy.

This is why I don't use cruise control. I leave those idiots in my dust.
rhoswen
AG
Open highway. Person enters on an on ramp, immediately cuts across three lanes and camps out in the left lane. At 60. For absolutely no reason.
MemphisAg1
AG
Tatem said:

I'm courteous and get over for people going faster whenever I can because I expect the same treatment from those going slower than me.

But if someone flashes their lights at me, that's it. They can kiss my ***. It's rude as hell. I won't slow down, but I'm not speeding up either to get out of their way. They can wait until I finish passing slower cars.

Courtesy goes a long way. If I see somebody behind me that's going faster but doesn't get right on my bumper, I'll speed up to get out of their way. But if they ride my bumper or flash their lights... then they better enjoy looking at my tailgate for awhile.
The Fife
riverrataggie said:

BMW drivers. Amirite?
6 year lease, FTW!
FNG
Ag with kids said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

Ag with kids said:

You mean the tow truck hauling your Jeep makes the middle lane on the way to take your Jeep in to get another recall addressed?
Tatem
MemphisAg1 said:

Tatem said:

I'm courteous and get over for people going faster whenever I can because I expect the same treatment from those going slower than me.

But if someone flashes their lights at me, that's it. They can kiss my ***. It's rude as hell. I won't slow down, but I'm not speeding up either to get out of their way. They can wait until I finish passing slower cars.

Courtesy goes a long way. If I see somebody behind me that's going faster but doesn't get right on my bumper, I'll speed up to get out of their way. But if they ride my bumper or flash their lights... then they better enjoy looking at my tailgate for awhile.

Norms are different up there. I didn't say it was rude to do it in the South.

If you drive slow, don't drive in the left lane
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

But if someone flashes their lights at me, that's it. They can kiss my ***. It's rude as hell.
Actually, it's common practice and considered a courtesy in Europe to let people know you're driving faster than them and should move over. If you ignore it, you're going to get a Veron up your butt at 200mph.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

Most OTR trucks won't or even CAN'T do 75. Plenty of them are actually governed around 70
Closer to 60 or 65. Drive I-40 in New Mexico sometime. It will give you a deep and abiding hatred of truckers. Especially the ones who's trucks are governed at 60.00 mph going up a hill "passing" the ones who's trucks are governed at 59.99 mph. Or the ones who pass the first in a line of trucks, yet will not pull into the right lane because they plan to pass truck #2 eventually, even though it is a half mile away. Or those who whip into the left lane in front of you at the last second as you hit a line of creeping trucks.
marble rye
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

Most OTR trucks won't or even CAN'T do 75. Plenty of them are actually governed around 70
Closer to 60 or 65. Drive I-40 in New Mexico sometime. It will give you a deep and abiding hatred of truckers. Especially the ones who's trucks are governed at 60.00 mph going up a hill "passing" the ones who's trucks are governed at 59.99 mph. Or the ones who pass the first in a line of trucks, yet will not pull into the right lane because they plan to pass truck #2 eventually, even though it is a half mile away. Or those who whip into the left lane in front of you at the last second as you hit a line of creeping trucks.

Then 18 wheelers should never be in the left lane as is law on some sections of 35 and 45. 18 wheelers are the bane of any long distance travel.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

Then 18 wheelers should never be in the left lane as is law on some sections of 35 and 45. 18 wheelers are the bane of any long distance travel.
At least, if trucks are allowed in the left lane, cars should be equipped with hood mounted M-60 machine guns and free ammo.
MemphisAg1
AG
Tatem said:

Norms are different up there. I didn't say it was rude to do it in the South.

If you drive slow, don't drive in the left lane
I don't drive slow, and I use the right lane unless I'm passing.

That said, once in a blue moon folks will ride my bumper or flash their lights while I'm in the left lane passing others in the right. They're just extremely impatient and rude. I don't reward their bad behavior by speeding up. I'm also not a jerk and don't deliberately slow down. They can just deal with it until I can get over without being rude to others.

The point in all this is their rude behavior backfires on them. If they're courteous, I'll extend the same consideration and temporarily speed up to get out of their way.
MemphisAg1
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

But if someone flashes their lights at me, that's it. They can kiss my ***. It's rude as hell.
Actually, it's common practice and considered a courtesy in Europe to let people know you're driving faster than them and should move over. If you ignore it, you're going to get a Veron up your butt at 200mph.
I hear ya. Different norms in different places. Texas is the only place I've seen where people will pull over on the shoulder on a rural two lane highway to let you pass. Not as common as it once was, but I still see it every now and then.
Ag with kids
AG
FNG said:

Ag with kids said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

Ag with kids said:

You mean the tow truck hauling your Jeep makes the middle lane on the way to take your Jeep in to get another recall addressed?

I said I drive a Jeep, not a Chevy.
Ag with kids
AG
rhoswen said:

Open highway. Person enters on an on ramp, immediately cuts across three lanes and camps out in the left lane. At 60. For absolutely no reason.

Speaking of entrance ramps...

People...the ENTIRE ****ING PURPOSE for the entrance ramp is for you to get up to highway speeds PRIOR TO entering the highway. This is NOT a difficult concept. Learn it and embrace it.

Do NOT do 40 mph the whole ****ing ramp and start speeding up when you get on the highway! NO NO NO NO NO.
Ol Jock 99
AG
How about the geniuses who STOP on the entrance ramps?
Ag with kids
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

That's when I wish I drove THIS...

CuriousAg
GetThoseKeysMilo said:

Three Truths of Traffic

1. People who drive in the left lane and cause traffic pileups, I hate you. I know you are scared to be on the big bad interstate, or you are somehow terrified that going 5 miles an hour over the speed limit to pass an 18-wheeler will cause you to get a traffic ticket, but the reality is you suck at driving. You suck so bad you may actually cause a wreck. Good luck to you when the 18-wheeler you've been driving directly next to for the last 10 miles has a blowout or swerves into your lane and you end up like a damn sardine. Go jump in a lake.

2. If I am in the left lane and there is a car in front of me who is driving slowly (see #1), it doesn't do you any good to drive two inches from my bumper, and I hate you. I cannot control the traffic flow in front of me. When the guy in scenario number one gets in his wreck, I at least want to have enough room to brake without you slamming into me. If you want to drive that close to somebody go get your f****** NASCAR license and drive in Daytona. Then go jump in a lake.

3. Whoever designed the George Bush Turnpike in DFW, I hate you. You're charging people money for a two-lane road with an exit or entrance ramp every half mile. Basically you're charging people to drive 30 miles an hour at best. Maybe you should have looked at every other toll road in existence and realized that the supposed benefit of a toll road is having limited entrance and exit ramps and multiple lanes for driving. Go jump in a lake.
Learn how to drive in the 214. If you don't we will cement your feet and drop you in the Rock.
MouthBQ98
AG
Idiots s who have suddenly decided it is good to slow down to 40 mph on the interstate and drive with their hazards on every time there is a little rainstorm.
The Fife
Ol Jock 99 said:

1000x this!!!
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.