Traffic Board: Much Hate

7,747 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Miles7
GetThoseKeysMilo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Three Truths of Traffic

1. People who drive in the left lane and cause traffic pileups, I hate you. I know you are scared to be on the big bad interstate, or you are somehow terrified that going 5 miles an hour over the speed limit to pass an 18-wheeler will cause you to get a traffic ticket, but the reality is you suck at driving. You suck so bad you may actually cause a wreck. Good luck to you when the 18-wheeler you've been driving directly next to for the last 10 miles has a blowout or swerves into your lane and you end up like a damn sardine. Go jump in a lake.

2. If I am in the left lane and there is a car in front of me who is driving slowly (see #1), it doesn't do you any good to drive two inches from my bumper, and I hate you. I cannot control the traffic flow in front of me. When the guy in scenario number one gets in his wreck, I at least want to have enough room to brake without you slamming into me. If you want to drive that close to somebody go get your f****** NASCAR license and drive in Daytona. Then go jump in a lake.

3. Whoever designed the George Bush Turnpike in DFW, I hate you. You're charging people money for a two-lane road with an exit or entrance ramp every half mile. Basically you're charging people to drive 30 miles an hour at best. Maybe you should have looked at every other toll road in existence and realized that the supposed benefit of a toll road is having limited entrance and exit ramps and multiple lanes for driving. Go jump in a lake.
hunterntexas
AG
I drive too...really makes you think.
Leeman
Have to agree with all of them.
FNG
GetThoseKeysMilo said:

Three Truths of Traffic

1. People who drive in the left lane and cause traffic pileups, I hate you. I know you are scared to be on the big bad interstate, or you are somehow terrified that going 5 miles an hour over the speed limit to pass an 18-wheeler will cause you to get a traffic ticket, but the reality is you suck at driving. You suck so bad you may actually cause a wreck. Good luck to you when the 18-wheeler you've been driving directly next to for the last 10 miles has a blowout or swerves into your lane and you end up like a damn sardine. Go jump in a lake.

2. If I am in the left lane and there is a car in front of me who is driving slowly (see #1), it doesn't do you any good to drive two inches from my bumper, and I hate you. I cannot control the traffic flow in front of me. When the guy in scenario number one gets in his wreck, I at least want to have enough room to brake without you slamming into me. If you want to drive that close to somebody go get your f****** NASCAR license and drive in Daytona. Then go jump in a lake.

3. Whoever designed the George Bush Turnpike in DFW, I hate you. You're charging people money for a two-lane road with an exit or entrance ramp every half mile. Basically you're charging people to drive 30 miles an hour at best. Maybe you should have looked at every other toll road in existence and realized that the supposed benefit of a toll road is having limited entrance and exit ramps and multiple lanes for driving. Go jump in a lake.

lolDFW roads
soso33
GetThoseKeysMilo
hunterntexas said:

I Play With Guns
S
My traffic pet peeves:

-Allowing 18 wheelers to travel during peak rush hours
-Cops who pull people over FOR NO EFFIN REASON during peak rush hours and totally eff with the flow of traffic
Tatem
my husband will flash his lights at people who are driving too slow in the fast lane. Most of the time it works.
He's from the north, I guess it's more common up there to do this.
B-1 83
AG
As a side note to numbers 1 and 2, if I'm in that left lane passing traffic on my right, getting on my bumper will not make me go the 90 miles an hour you desire thereby endangering my life and those around me. I will get in the right lane when I finish passing. This does not mean I will squeeze between 2 of those slower cars creating an unsafe distance. Deal with it.
Furlock Bones
AG
B-1 83 said:

As a side note to numbers 1 and 2, if I'm in that left lane passing traffic on my right, getting on my bumper will not make me go the 90 miles an hour you desire thereby endangering my life and those around me. I will get in the right lane when I finish passing. This does not mean I will squeeze between 2 of those slower cars creating an unsafe distance. Deal with it.
tells me you don't know how to properly and safely drive. if there are faster vehicles behind you, you need to momentarily speed up and make your pass more quickly. then, slow down to your preferred speed. it is not a difficult concept. but, it is the safest and most efficient way to make your pass.
Humorous Username
AG
No raindrop thinks it's responsible for the flood, nor does it care.
B-1 83
AG
Furlock Bones said:

B-1 83 said:

tells me you don't know how to properly and safely drive. if there are faster vehicles behind you, you need to momentarily speed up and make your pass more quickly. then, slow down to your preferred speed. it is not a difficult concept. but, it is the safest and most efficient way to make your pass.
Not if that "momentary speed up" takes me to 90. That's just stupid on multiple levels.
Schrute Farms
GetThoseKeysMilo said:

hunterntexas said:

I read about a lake just last month...really makes you think.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
B-1 83 said:

Furlock Bones said:

B-1 83 said:

Not if that "momentary speed up" takes me to 90. That's just stupid on multiple levels.
That may have been stupid back in the day when no one had power steering or brakes. But now my car comfortably climbs up to 90 (and right back down) without any real concern for safety. And besides, the limit on rural interstates is already up to 85.

Oh, another pet peeve: if you're on a multi-lane road pulling up to a non-crowded stoplight, pull up to any lane except the right lane unless you're actually turning right.
Humorous Username
AG
easttxag11
AG
DFW and NTTA suck so bad. Please Jesus give me a reason to leave this place and I'll never return.
AggieDarlin
AG
Tatem said:

my husband will flash his lights at people who are driving too slow in the fast lane. Most of the time it works.

I just get over to their right side and frantically point at their tires. Usually works
chiken
AG
Tatem said:

your husband gon get shot in Houston for doing this.
wbt5845
AG
I agree with all 3 of the OPs comments.
PA04
I want to go jump in the lake, but I will wait and enjoy football and then basketball season first. Come on cool front.
FIDO*98*
AG
B-1 83 said:

Furlock Bones said:

B-1 83 said:

What kind of crap car do you have that can't do 90 safely? I drive a Ford Fusion for work and a Ford Pickup for my personal car. Not exactly a luxury sports sedan and I'll catch myself on the highway doing close to 90 without even realizing it.
Leeman
B-1 83 said:

Wow.. isn't this rule #1 above ? Driving 1 mph faster than the traffic on the right.....
Satellite of Love
Your husband is an idiot. In Texas it is a passing lane, not a drive how ever fast you want lane.
Satellite of Love
I prefer not to waste my gas so you can save literal seconds on your drive. Slow down princess. You are not that important.
FNG
I Play With Guns said:

My traffic pet peeves:

-Allowing 18 wheelers to travel during peak rush hours
-Cops who pull people over FOR NO EFFIN REASON during peak rush hours and totally eff with the flow of traffic

Aren't you about to move to the Middle East where your driving opportunities will be limited and driving habits of the general populace make the traffic problems here seem like a non-issue?
DannyDuberstein
AG
I guess 90 seems fast when you're an oldtimer where the national speed limit was 55 when you learned to drive.

90 can be done safely, and it's more safe to do 90 and get past the 18 wheeler than it is to creep past it at 75-80.
B-1 83
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I guess 90 seems fast when you're an oldtimer where the national speed limit was 55 when you learned to drive.

90 can be done safely, and it's more safe to do 90 and get past the 18 wheeler than it is to creep past it at 75-80.
the national traffic safety board disagrees
aggiegrad01
AG
All else fails, pass on the right side - they'll never see it coming and confuse the sh*t out of them.
DadAG10
DannyDuberstein said:

So people under 55 are now oldtimers?

55MPH

Humorous Username
AG
B-1 83 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

the national traffic safety board disagrees

I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you, that a former government employee thinks the governement is the authority on everything.
wbt5845
AG
Satellite of Love said:

I prefer not to waste my gas so you can save literal seconds on your drive. Slow down princess. You are not that important.

Then you should be driving in the right hand lanes because the far left lane is literally for passing.
Leeman
wbt5845 said:

Satellite of Love said:

Then you should be driving in the right hand lanes because the far left lane is literally for passing.
TRUTH
Ol Jock 99
AG
4. When you get in a fender bender because you were iPhonging or following too close, get your damn car off the freaking road.
Kenneth_2003
AG
5 mph faster than the car next to you isn't exactly "creeping" past them. You'll pass a 70' long 18 wheeler in just a shade under 10 seconds. You'll be safely in front of them in another 5. Though if you're really that concerned about all this you're probably going to cut the driver off.

Most OTR trucks won't or even CAN'T do 75. Plenty of them are actually governed around 70. Others add in GPS tracking/monitoring and fleet folks that very carefully track fuel economy and they're just not going to run 75 cause the sign says they can.
Ag with kids
AG
If I'm in the left lane doing 9 mph over the limit and you get right on my ass, I'll get over when I get a chance.

But, I'm not going to speed up to 90 to make that happen quicker.

You want a ****ing speeding ticket? Go right ahead and get one. But, I am not going to get one just so you can haul ass.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.