What do you pay for SiriusXM?

6,001 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by bmc13
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
after taxes and FCC fees???
You're right after fees, I paid $22.77 for 5 months, so $54.68 a year.

mm98
AG
Free on our Toyota. We never renewed and have been receiving $25 for 5 or 6 months email flyers since.

wbt5845
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

+3 on the ~30 for 6 months deal. Just called a few weeks ago and got that for the third time. They'll offer you two or three deals before finally landing on that one. Just make sure you keep asking to cancel after each offer.

So, I am cancelling tomorrow.

It looks like the choices are $120 for a year or $30 for 6 months. Sound about right.

Not gonna lie there's an advantage to not having to call every 6 months. I might be willing to pay an extra $40 to avoid that.
MooreTrucker
AG
We pay a couple hundred bucks, but that's for 4 cars, home, and internet. I'll probably try to renegotiate next time. They seem to be able to "work with you" if you threaten to leave.
histag10
AG
i dont have it anymore, but I keep getting offers for 6 months free with the next 6 being $8/month.
PlanoAg98
AG
When my free trial ended with XM for my new truck, they wanted something like $25/month. My sister said when hers expired she was able to negotiate them down to $10/month. I tried that and they didn't budge.

I don't understand why they wouldn't negotiate down. Their cost is basically fixed and doesn't increase per subscriber, correct?
62strat
AG
I just had to renew this a few weeks ago. Before I did this, I was on a plan that was my first offer after free trial with new car. It was the $20 for 5 months. I called a few days before it ended and said I'd like the same pricing I currently have, otherwise I'm not interested. She came out with her $100 a year bs. I said no thanks, if i can't get exactly what I have now, I'll cancel. She said, well you got a special promo rate, and it's not available. I said, ok, so what happens in 1 week when my sub. is over, she said it will bill at normal rate. I said, then cancel, I am not paying the normal rate. Then she transferred me.. ahh, feeling better.

The new guy came on and said I can get 5 months for $20.

Sounds like I'll have to do this every 5 months.. kind of a pain, but it's the lowest price you can get ($54 a year after taxes/fees). I put it on my phone calendar so I know to when call.

To me it's worth $50 a year, but not much more than that.
MooreTrucker
AG
That's the problem I'm going to have, because we CAN'T live without it. College Sports Nation, NFL, as well as Classic Vinyl and Hair Nation. My wife will not let me cancel.
Papa_Blaze
AG
They seem to turn it on for free on holiday weekends. I do my most driving then, so its perfect timing for me.
histag10
AG
I love their free promo weeks and weekends. sometimes its even a month long

the suckers who pay dont get that time free/credited back either
62strat
AG
I pretty much just renewed this time for the metallica liquid metal takeover in november, and the town hall they'll have.
runontexas
AG
Howard Stern is da chizzle fo rizzle
bmc13
AG
the last time I had it I think it was like $55 for six months including Internet streaming
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.