What do you pay for SiriusXM?

5,986 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by bmc13
B-1 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Theyre trying to double my price this year.
Geralt of Rivia
S
$0
Gnome Sockinabout
Free so far. I'll see if they send me a lowball offer when it's up.
B-1 83
AG
quote:
$0
Don't have it, stealing, or just corporate insider deal?
Gnome Sockinabout
I think it was like $8-$10 bucks a month years ago when I had it though
Geralt of Rivia
S
quote:
quote:
$0

I originally had a 6 month free trial when I got my car. Then there it was almost 3 years later and they still haven't turned it off or called to ask if I want a subscription. Then some chick blindsides me and it was turned off when I got my car back. Didn't use it enough to pay for it.
blumpkin
AG
free for buying my truck. Have never used it and think it runs out soon.
Quailmeezy
AG
Just call and say that you want to cancel because of the price increase. They are usually pretty quick to just renew your intro rate for another year. I have done this for about 4 years in a row now. I think it is around $89 per year
62strat
AG
quote:
Just call and say that you want to cancel because of the price increase. They are usually pretty quick to just renew your intro rate for another year. I have done this for about 4 years in a row now. I think it is around $89 per year
I just renewed 3-4 months ago at $20 for 5 months, and they just started sending me the same offer again to renew. You got ripped off. $50 a year is about what it's worth to me, so I'll pay. Anymore than that, I'll do without.
chipotle
I laugh maniacally when they call.
Joe Exotic
AG
All I listen to is Hair Nation and Ozzys Boneyard so whatever I'm paying its probably too much
B-1 83
AG
They want $233/yr. it was $123 last year after the first free year. Screw 'em. They'll call back with a better offer.
AgToadie
I go through this every six months...

They'll do $25 + tax and fees for 6 months, for a total just under $30.

Just call and tell them you want to cancel due to price. They'll have to read through a series of pricing offers, usually saying it's the best they can do. Reject each time til you get the $25 offer. I've only had them call my bluff once. I cancelled then and they called back with the $25 for 6 months in the next few days after.
Satellite of Love
quote:
They want $233/yr. it was $123 last year after the first free year. Screw 'em. They'll call back with a better offer.

How much of their services are you subscribed to? That has to be more than the basic music channels.
george92
quote:
You can find most of what they have on Iheart radio, especially if its only for music. Plus Iheart lets you broaden or shrink the style of music you have by liking or disliking certain artists etc. I still pay for it on one of our autos, but primarily use Iheart radio in my truck and SUV and won't renew next time. I listen to Bloomberg radio for business news mostly though and its on Iheart as well as Sirius.
TexasAggieJTL
AG
There's a $5 for 25 promo that's been out for years.
B-1 83
AG
The power of TexAgs. TF called and cancelled. 15 minutes later, we have it for $10 a month for everything. Corpus radio(for the most part) sucks as does everything for 100 miles around. We love it on road trips.
cr0wbar
AG
quote:
I go through this every six months...

They'll do $25 + tax and fees for 6 months, for a total just under $30.

Just call and tell them you want to cancel due to price. They'll have to read through a series of pricing offers, usually saying it's the best they can do. Reject each time til you get the $25 offer. I've only had them call my bluff once. I cancelled then and they called back with the $25 for 6 months in the next few days after.
Seems you already took care of it, B1 - but I was going to echo this statement too. I cut right to the chase and just say "look- give me the 6 mo/ $25 deal" They've done it 3+ times for me already. I just set a reminder on my phone and give myself a week to cal and cancel it.
aTm2004
AG
$0. My dad bought a lifetime subscription years ago when it was like $400, so I stream it from their app. I had it in my truck for about 8 years and didn't think it was worth the money, so a new HU that allowed Bluetooth eliminated that unnecessary expense.

Edit: it's great for listening to Astros games when they play afternoon games at work, and College Sports Nation is awesome during CFB season.
marble rye
AG
quote:
Theyre trying to double my price this year.

Tell them you want the same rate as last or your dropping service. I do it every year.
bones75
AG
I love it on college football (also NFL) game days, driving to and from College Station- can listen to late games and then the College Sports channel is a very intertaining post game, late night wrap up. Often I let my subscription expire after football season and then get a cheap 6 months intro. trial rate again. Just don't agree to pay more than you are willing and they will usually accomodate.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AgLiving06
I've been paying around 30 bucks/6 months for a couple years.
Girlhowdy
AG
quote:
I love it on college football (also NFL) game days, driving to and from College Station- can listen to late games and then the College Sports channel is a very intertaining post game, late night wrap up. Often I let my subscription expire after football season and then get a cheap 6 months intro. trial rate again. Just don't agree to pay more than you are willing and they will usually accomodate.

The only problem is making the phone call to India and having to listen to all of the scripted responses when you refuse to pay the regular subscription rate. The you have to wait for the supervisor and the magic he or she brings to your account. Can take about an hour. After doing this for years every six months I almost beg to pay the higher amount now.
marble rye
AG
I've been getting 12 months for $98 since 2011.
OnlyForNow
AG
Cheapest you can get going through legit channels is $60 bucks a year.
runontexas
AG
$45 per month
Human
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
$0

I originally had a 6 month free trial when I got my car. Then there it was almost 3 years later and they still haven't turned it off or called to ask if I want a subscription. Then some chick blindsides me and it was turned off when I got my car back. Didn't use it enough to pay for it.

She have big tatas?
Synopsis
Spotify is a MUCH better deal. It's ten dollars a month and offers a lot more.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Not from what I remember
Synopsis
quote:
$45 per month
Really? That's insane!
Human
AG
Like your mom?
Kenneth_2003
AG
Last time I renewed... Ummm.... I got it for $200 something for two years. Then I totaled that truck, bought a new one with 12 months free or something, rolled it all over into one account... Had this truck for almost 2.5 years so they'll probably be calling me soon for a renewal. Maybe if I'm lucky they've forgotten about me.

Like B1-83 said... Corpus and the Coastal Bend radio market is terrible. Even my local Country station goes Tejano on Sunday's now. Range of that station when I get on the road is about 30 miles.
62strat
AG
quote:
Cheapest you can get going through legit channels is $60 bucks a year.
Simply not true, I get 12 months for $48, straight from their offers.
OnlyForNow
AG
after taxes and FCC fees???
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
+3 on the ~30 for 6 months deal. Just called a few weeks ago and got that for the third time. They'll offer you two or three deals before finally landing on that one. Just make sure you keep asking to cancel after each offer.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.