Who Wrote This? [ STAFF WARNING FOR ALL POSTERS ON OP ]

38,990 Views | 380 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Moderator
Beer Baron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ah. Didn't realize she'd already put it out there. The "most liberal person I've met" thing made it seem like he was just posting her info. In that case, let's try to find her passwords and wreck her credit. Anyone know where her grandmother lives?
marble rye
AG
She has been a poster forever. Even runs one of the spin off sandboxes. A lot of people know her.
FW Declerk
Sounds like an Internet bad ass
SACR
AG
quote:
When I post someone else's name and employer on here I'll also post mine.

From her Twitter profile, which is public:

[url=https://twitter.com/tadousay][/url]
quote:
Tonia A. Dousay
@tadousay
Asst Prof of Instructional Tech @ #UWyoby day, information junkie & gamer by night @TAMU '98 '00 @UniversityofGA '13 #GoogleEI @WyoMakers
Tonia has a thriving online presence.

What I posted about her isn't particularly private or difficult to find.
PrincessButtercup
AG
Too many hashtags
Geralt of Rivia
S
#Friendship
PrincessButtercup
AG
#gagme
AggieBand2004
AG
quote:
Too many hashtags

One is too many
Jett01
AG
Maybe it shouldn't have been posted on social media. Maybe it was blown out of proportion. Maybe it should have been handled differently (although I know and believe flipper did contact the athletic dept first). But, to say they are actively trying to bring down the university is absurd.
Captain Pablo
AG

Captain Pablo
AG
quote:
Maybe it shouldn't have been posted on social media. Maybe it was blown out of proportion. Maybe it should have been handled differently (although I know and believe flipper did contact the athletic dept first). But, to say they are actively trying to bring down the university is absurd.

Bring down?

"Embarrass and damage" the program would be fair

rhoswen
AG
It's silly we're still arguing about this, but I'm pretty sure they're not the ones who embarrassed the program.

And staff seems to have changed their stance on personal info being posted here, even though it's easy to find elsewhere. They used to hand out hefty bans for that, but I guess folks with stars get special treatment.
Jett01
AG
My fault. Was trying to reference SACR's post, but didn't quite remember his wording. Regardless, they did not intend any damage - just trying to bring to light something they saw a problem with. We can all have our opinions on if it was handled correctly, but there was no intention of harm of any kind. That was all I was trying to convey.

Beer Baron
AG

quote:
And staff seems to have changed their stance on personal info being posted here, even though it's easy to find elsewhere. They used to hand out hefty bans for that, but I guess folks with stars get special treatment.

Yeah I thought that used to be one of the cardinal rules of Texags. Even if her Twitter is public, I wouldn't have ever had any idea who this person is or what she does for a living if I hadn't seen it posted here.

[We're trying to keep an eye on this stuff to make sure that it doesn't go too far, but there are lots of shades of gray at play. When you use a social media account with your real name in it, it's hard to say that the identity of the person who posted it is invasive of privacy. If people start posting phone numbers or things like email addresses of employers, that would be pretty clear. Use the voting function if you think something is questionable--we will take a look at it and make a call--Staff]
Ryan34
AG
quote:
#gagme
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
I heard she killed a man in Temecula for letting his shadow fall on hers, and that she eats porridge with a Bowie knife every morning because "it keeps her sharp." I heard she plays the piccolo with an abandon the likes of which we haven't seen since Reginald Laurenton, whoever that is. Someone told me she attempts to use the word mtier in every third conversation she has, whether it's an appropriate use or not, and that she's always hoping that the next leap will be the one...home. She makes fire by browbeating the sun into doing her bidding, and she believes that Samoans are mythical creatures made up to sell Girl Scout cookies. The Oxford comma is her friend; the unnecessary semi-colon, her foe. She's the forgotten member of the Chiffons and can count to forty-seven faster than any man, woman, or child currently alive.

I don't know if this is original or taken from something (Google gave no hints), but this is outstanding and must not be overlooked!
rhoswen
AG

[It seems we can't post anything without people trying to twist it. Don't push boundaries unless you want to be banned--Staff]
Beer Baron
AG
Weird couple of posts to delete, considering.
SACR
AG
quote:
We are getting to the crux of the issue, Jett.

My two issues:

1) Knowing what I know about Tonia, I find it damn near impossible to believe she could be 'mortified', 'embarrassed', or even offended by double entendres.

2) She teaches a class on social media. She understands better than anyone the power of social media, and the damage it can cause.

Put those two together, and my only conclusion is that she sent out her tweet with malicious intent to hurt the football program. If that wasn't her intent, why not just call or email someone at the athletic department and let her opinion be known? The very public nature of her message makes it clear she wanted to do harm, and she wanted attention.
AggieBand2004
AG
quote:
If that wasn't her intent, why not just call or email someone at the athletic department and let her opinion be known?
Claude!
quote:
quote:

My two issues:

1) Knowing what I know about ____, I find it damn near impossible to believe she could be 'mortified', 'embarrassed', or even offended by double entendres.

2) She teaches a class on social media. She understands better than anyone the power of social media, and the damage it can cause.

Put those two together, and my only conclusion is that she sent out her tweet with malicious intent to hurt the football program. If that wasn't her intent, why not just call or email someone at the athletic department and let her opinion be known? The very public nature of her message makes it clear she wanted to do harm, and she wanted attention.

Even assuming arguendo that both of your points are true (I'd say that #1 is questionable--she may not care about double entendres and/or off-color humor in general, but she potentially does in specific situations), I think it's a heck of a stretch to impute that the "only conclusion" is that she acted with "malicious intent to hurt the football program."

Knowing what I know about her (full disclosure: I've never met her in person, but since we both think I'm funny, we're reasonably good online friends), I expect she sees herself as a whistleblower--her intent isn't to hurt Aggie football, but to draw attention to an issue that she thinks hurts Aggie football. I'm open to the idea that she could've or should've handled the issue differently, but I highly doubt she's trying to **** over the program.
marble rye
AG
quote:
Knowing what I know about Tonia, I find it damn near impossible to believe she could be 'mortified', 'embarrassed', or even offended by double entendres.

SACR
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

My two issues:

1) Knowing what I know about ____, I find it damn near impossible to believe she could be 'mortified', 'embarrassed', or even offended by double entendres.

Even assuming arguendo that both of your points are true (I'd say that #1 is questionable--she may not care about double entendres and/or off-color humor in general, but she potentially does in specific situations), I think it's a heck of a stretch to impute that the "only conclusion" is that she acted with "malicious intent to hurt the football program."

Knowing what I know about her (full disclosure: I've never met her in person, but since we both think I'm funny, we're reasonably good online friends), I expect she sees herself as a whistleblower--her intent isn't to hurt Aggie football, but to draw attention to an issue that she thinks hurts Aggie football. I'm open to the idea that she could've or should've handled the issue differently, but I highly doubt she's trying to **** over the program.

Claude!

Always a pleasure to interact with you online. I had figured you would be in Hollywood now, pitching Planet of the Apes 4: Orangutan's Revenge.

Tonia knows and understands the power of social media. In order to believe she had no intent to damage the program, I would have to conclude she didn't understand the consequences of her actions, i.e. I'd have to believe she doesn't know and understand the very topic she teaches. I don't think she's that naive.
Beer Baron
AG

quote:
Tonia knows and understands the power of social media.
I'm sure she does. Social media ensured that this presentation will never be recycled, and other public-facing communications undergo a higher level of scrutiny. An email to someone in the athletic department complaining probably would have received a "this is very important to us" email in return, and several "calm down Sugar Tits, you're hysterical" comments and jerking off hand motions within the department.
SACR
AG
quote:

quote:
Tonia knows and understands the power of social media.
I'm sure she does. Social media ensured that this presentation will never be recycled, and other public-facing communications undergo a higher level of scrutiny. An email to someone in the athletic department complaining probably would have received a "this is very important to us" email in return, and several "calm down Sugar Tits, you're hysterical" comments and jerking off hand motions within the department.
That's quite an assumption of sexism/misogyny in the football offices and our athletic department.
Beer Baron
AG

quote:
That's quite an assumption of sexism/misogyny in the football offices and our athletic department.

Is it? I seem to recall a slide show at some kind of event that kind of indicated sexism and misogyny.
03_Aggie
quote:

Seems like an appropriate response to this stupid "outrage."
SACR
AG
quote:

quote:

Is it? I seem to recall a slide show at some kind of event that kind of indicated sexism and misogyny.
Since there were women laughing at the slide show after the skills presentation, I'm thinking it indicated a sense of humor, and self-deprecating humor at that.
Claude!
quote:
Claude!

Always a pleasure to interact with you online. I had figured you would be in Hollywood now, pitching Planet of the Apes 4: Orangutan's Revenge.

knows and understands the power of social media. In order to believe she had no intent to damage the program, I would have to conclude she didn't understand the consequences of her actions, i.e. I'd have to believe she doesn't know and understand the very topic she teaches. I don't think she's that naive.

Howdy, SACR, and back at you.

I don't think she views bringing attention to the issue as "damaging the program." My guess is that she viewed the offending presentation as a splinter that the program had picked up, and she wanted to get it removed before it caused more damage.

From my perspective, I think the whole issue was blown out of proportion by just about everyone involved. It was a bad slide that shouldn't have been presented, but I don't think it warranted more of a response than an eye roll and a "Don't be a dumbass" letter. At the same time, I don't think that she deserves to be pilloried for how she responded. I also think the "damage" to the program is overblown as hell. If we get our **** pushed in by UCLA, it's not going to be because a couple of assistants were out for a couple of weeks.

SACR
AG
quote:
quote:
Claude!

knows and understands the power of social media. In order to believe she had no intent to damage the program, I would have to conclude she didn't understand the consequences of her actions, i.e. I'd have to believe she doesn't know and understand the very topic she teaches. I don't think she's that naive.

Howdy, SACR, and back at you.

I don't think she views bringing attention to the issue as "damaging the program." My guess is that she viewed the offending presentation as a splinter that the program had picked up, and she wanted to get it removed before it caused more damage.

From my perspective, I think the whole issue was blown out of proportion by just about everyone involved. It was a bad slide that shouldn't have been presented, but I don't think it warranted more of a response than an eye roll and a "Don't be a dumbass" letter. At the same time, I don't think that she deserves to be pilloried for how she responded. I also think the "damage" to the program is overblown as hell. If we get our **** pushed in by UCLA, it's not going to be because a couple of assistants were out for a couple of weeks.

Of course it's been blown out of proportion, if the last few months have taught Aggie fans anything, it is that if there is an opportunity for the media to make A&M look bad over anything, they will take it. As someone who follows A&M, and as someone who is aware of the perils of social media, Tonia knows this, too. That's my whole problem.
marble rye
AG
quote:
At the same time, I don't think that she deserves to be pilloried for how she responded.

Then she shouldn't post anything on social/public media. She knows first hand the lengths people will go to find out information about people "disliked" by TA and other Internet groups.
Staff
AAAANNNNND CUT!

Good show everyone. We're gonna rap this up. We're pretty sure everyone has thoroughly hashed this topic. IF you need to discuss it further, please e-mail the moderator inbox.

Gig 'em!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.