Who Wrote This? [ STAFF WARNING FOR ALL POSTERS ON OP ]

38,927 Views | 380 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Moderator
nashvilleaggie11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How embarrassing...

http://deadspin.com/guess-how-sexist-texas-a-ms-event-for-female-football-f-1784538045?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

[This warning is effective as of 8/1/16 6:00 a.m. CDT]

[A lot of personal attacks against posters on this thread have been removed. We are going to leave this thread up, but the personal attacks and insults are going to stop. If we have to remove a post based on that criteria, a ban will also be given to the poster. In order to keep this thread on topic and not derail it into a moderation questioning thread, we are also going to remove any posts on this that questions this warning and ban that poster. This thread is long and the subject matter is a hot topic. We do not want to remove the thread, but we don't want to spend hours cleaning it up, either.

There is warning, don't cry if you push the line or violate it and end up off of TexAgs for a couple of days. Or longer depending on your moderation history. Thank you. Have a nice day. Staff]
chipotle
What's wrong with it?
Chazz03
AG
Isn't that cute
Ag 11
AG
"This song is not very good."
-Tom Ley

$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
What idiot can't figure out it was clearly a joke and all but one or two women in attendance understood and (gasp!) even laughed about it?? Context people.
rhoswen
AG
*sigh*
nashvilleaggie11
So you are a woman and were in attendance?
03_Aggie
quote:
So you are a woman and were in attendance?

Or maybe he knows some who were?
GinaLinetti
AG
quote:
What idiot can't figure out it was clearly a joke and all but one or two women in attendance understood and (gasp!) even laughed about it?? Context people.

It was apparent one of many pretty terrible jokes. Reviews from friends that went were very poor. Disappointing that they couldn't find some better material and thought the attendees would think that was hilarious. And the thong thing still confuses me.
blumpkin
AG
Go check the zoo. There are much worse than that one. I assume at least a couple jobs opened up in CS today.
Geralt of Rivia
S

03_Aggie
quote:
Go check the zoo. There are much worse than that one. I assume at least a couple jobs opened up in CS today.

Only thing that would make this worthwhile is if it was women who were the culprits and lost their jobs. That'll teach em.
flipper
Hi Texags. I attended the event and was offended. It wasn't just a couple of slides. It But I contacted the athletic department directly and received an almost immediate reply stating my concerns would be addressed.
marble rye
AG
Lol sexism. It runs rampant on Texags
abram97
AG
read the blog. <roll eyes>. Go visit a peds cancer center and go be concerned about REAL ***** Go to any 3rd world country and see REAL problems. First world crap, man. First world, crap.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
03_Aggie
quote:
Hi Texags. I attended the event and was offended. It wasn't just a couple of slides. It But I contacted the athletic department directly and received an almost immediate reply stating my concerns would be addressed.

If you care, I put some thoughts on an old blog of mine instead of typing them over and over.

http://worldslaziestblogger.blogspot.com/2016/07/texas-chalk-talk-opportunity-to-do.html?m=1

Hi Flipper- what was the purpose of chalk talk? I was interested in attending but was unable to do so.
Matsui
AG
Horrible thing. Glad they were punished.
flipper
It was supposed to be an event to engage female fans. I've gone to a similar thing with the Texans.

It's supposed to be for new and longtime fans to learn about the basics of the game and see the facilities.
anaggiemom
S
The slide about the songwas the least thing that offended me. I was tempted to walk out several times. Two of those presentations was built on sexual references. My biggest regret is the message the coaches were sending to the young football players in the room. You can talk all you want about teaching them character, but the lack of respect for women that was shown Wednesday night tells them how you really feel.

I intended to e-mail Nancy Maly, Sumlin's assistant, but it blew up on texags and I posted on another thread and felt compelled to support those on this thread that felt the say way I did.

I have attended Chalk Talk since the dreaded Dennis days. I can remember times when the kids modeled new uniforms and the ladies got a little out of hand.

I think most of the ladies would have said that the best talk was from Chavis - information, some chuckles and motivation for the upcoming season. And respectful.
toolshed
AG
My wife and her group of friends were offended by the comments. And it wasn't being offended for the sake of being offended. It's to the point of not wanting to go back and support the charity event because of the actions of the two coaches. In light of the culture that has come to light at Baylor and is probably prevalent at other institutions, why be crude and use comments and slides that are sexually suggestive and demeaning with a group of 700 women? What a poor example to your players that's it's ok to act and talk this way in front of and to ladies?

I realize this is the general board and this crap happens every day, and it's understood that this board is crude and vulgar at times. But when you are representing your national football program to ladies in the community and your beneficiary provides shelter and services for the homeless, slides insinuating intercourse and other sexual positions and acts are highly inappropriate. You audience includes women from many backgrounds, including sexual assault victims and having this crap put up as if it's funny and appropriate is beyond stupid. This isn't the locker room.
03_Aggie
quote:
It's supposed to be for new and longtime fans to learn about the basics of the game and see the facilities.

Women aren't smart enough to learn the basics on their own? Is it sexist that females are afforded this opportunity but there is not a similar event held for males?
flipper
Chavis was great!
marble rye
AG
If you're a man and putting on something like this, the rule to follow is pretty simple. How would you talk/present to your mother or daughter? Not rocket science.

But I'm not offended. I would call it dumb.
Serious Lee
its like our staff is less aware of the consequences of social media than our own players.
FW Declerk
lol thats hilarious.
abram97
AG
True. Nobody should be doing sexual BS like that in front of ANY strangers. That's locker room antics right there. I still have not seen the dang slides after the first one was posted though...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FW Declerk
quote:
If you're a man and putting on something like this, the rule to follow is pretty simple. How would you talk/present to your mother or daughter? Not rocket science.

But I'm not offended. I would call it dumb.
My mom or daughter wouldn't attend some stupid Chalk talk event.

Its simple.
03_Aggie
quote:
its like our staff is less aware of the consequences of social media than our own players.

It wasn't the coaches that put it on social media. It's the women, or women, who felt the need to take the picture and distribute it to others or post it on social media.
blumpkin
AG

03_Aggie
quote:

Just showed them my wife, she laughed. Didn't show them to my daughter but that's because she's two and can't read them.
blumpkin
AG
Sure they're snicker worthy. Also incredibly innapropriate for any workplace, much less employees and representatives of a University. If a coach created them that coach should be fired as any minion would be fired.

Instead I'm sure sensitivity training was attended today and Jason Cook wrote an apology email for the responsible to send to the people who complained.
marble rye
AG
This. With all that's happening at Baylor, why would you even go this direction???
chipotle
quote:

Serious Lee
quote:
quote:

It wasn't the coaches that put it on social media. It's the women, or women, who felt the need to take the picture and distribute it to others or post it on social media.
yea but cant believe they hadnt considered this outcry might happen, that was my point. I saw someone say that RC did something similar 20 years ago but no public outrage, cause their was no twitter/FB/etc.
Ag 11
AG
Now we have coaches being suspended for this stupid crap

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.