Dish Network

9,208 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jayelbee
histag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone ever paid to get out of your contract? I'm tired of dealing with these crooks, and am seriously considering paying out of my contract. I would save more than the cost to break contract by going back to DirecTV. Also considering going to a streaming service.
haircut
AG

KaneIsAble
AG
Yes
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Slicer97
AG
Been with Dish for 12 years and have never had an issue with them. You sound like a whiner who is difficult to please.
Slicer97
AG
Oh, and #2.
HBCanine08
AG
quote:
Been with Dish for 12 years and have never had an issue with them. You sound like a whiner who is difficult to please.

/histag
Geralt of Rivia
S
What is your exact issue with them, OP?
Amazing Moves
hisnag
62strat
AG
It costs $10 per month remaining. Why come here just to complain when you can just call them and cancel?
histag10
AG
quote:

Lots of things

When we first switched over, we were told we would get certain channels (locals) and that they would be in hd. We don't get those channels, and the ones we do get are not in hd.

I called in to look at changing my programming (going up). I noticed the prices online were different than on a recent mailing. I was called a liar, and he asked when he should come disconnect.
histag10
AG
quote:
It costs $10 per month remaining. Why come here just to complain when you can just call them and cancel?

The price they told me greatly exceeds $10 per month remaining
Hotard06
AG
quote:
quote:

Lots of things

When we first switched over, we were told we would get certain channels (locals) and that they would be in hd. We don't get those channels, and the ones we do get are not in hd.

I called in to look at changing my programming (going up). I noticed the prices online were different than on a recent mailing. I was called a liar, and he asked when he should come disconnect.

You can get local channels in HD with just an antenna.
Post removed:
by user
histag10
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Lots of things

You can get local channels in HD with just an antenna.

No, I cant.
Chickenhawk
quote:
quote:

Lots of things

Hah! Sucker! Should have gotten in when they did free HD for life.
Picard
AG
Classic histag thread

AustinCountyAg
No NFL network
Serious Lee
dont know anybody that is happy with their cable service. buy the cheapest, most basic package possible, then download any premium programming and movies from a bittorent.
trouble
AG
Maybe not in the middle of nowhere Montana
Joe Exotic
AG
quote:
dont know anybody that is happy with their cable service. buy the cheapest, most basic package possible, then download any premium programming and movies from a bittorent.

What do we do if we aren't thieving trash?
GinaLinetti
AG
All cable companies have issues. Part of the game. I've had most of the major companies over the years and haven't had any real problems with any of them. Hiccups every now and again but nothing crazy. Had to cancel direct years ago when I moved and did t need their service and they reduced the fee for me. Look at your contract and see what your ETF is. It's usually $10-15 per month remaining. If they quoted you more double check. Also, if you get an ******* hang up and call back. You'll get someone else. Eventually you will get someone willing to help. Call centers hire the lowest common denominator so that's just a fact of life. Good luck
Aggie97
AG
I have had Dish now for 8 yrs. No major problems so far. The NFL network thing will get resolved by the regular season starts. We are not missing much on it right now.
80s Guy
quote:
All cable companies have issues. Part of the game. I've had most of the major companies over the years and haven't had any real problems with any of them. Hiccups every now and again but nothing crazy. Had to cancel direct years ago when I moved and did t need their service and they reduced the fee for me. Look at your contract and see what your ETF is. It's usually $10-15 per month remaining. If they quoted you more double check. Also, if you get an ******* hang up and call back. You'll get someone else. Eventually you will get someone willing to help. Call centers hire the lowest common denominator so that's just a fact of life. Good luck
Have had Dish for almost 10 years and if they ever more than stutter, I tell them I can always go back to Direct TV. I never will because they pissed me off to no end once but the threat of it seems to work.

When we had direct, the wife and I had planned a date night and paid a babysitter. When she got there, I hit the magic button to order a couple of PPV's for the kids but it told me to call customer service. When I finally got through, I was told we couldn't order any PPV since our bill was close to being due. We had it on auto pay on the 25th of every month and this was the 21st. I got mad as hell and demanded to speak to the supervisor. Boomqueefa or whatever her name was thought she put me on hold but I heard her talking to someone else about "This cracka is tripping, he ain't getting ****". When she finally came back on, I told her I had heard what she said. All of a sudden a manager comes on the line and offers free PPV for a month. I told him to shove it up his ass and they could come get their crap. My wife had heard all this and had already called DIsh to get set up with service and we had an appointment for Monday afternoon. So they lost a $90 a month customer plus had to come get all their equipment over two separate $2 kids PPV's and a loud mouthed rude thundertwat.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
definitely NOT "Dish"appointed with the pics in this thread so far!
histag10
AG
I was quoted roughly 250 for less than a year left on contract. The guy told me the next cheapest plan they have is $80/month not including dvr and local channels or taxes. They said I would also have to reup for another 2 years to get that pricing.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and he kept saying he wouldn't transfer me unless I told him why, and that I would be better off if I just gave him a time they could come disconnect. I told him that directv offers more channels for less. His response was "I highly doubt that, maybe you should just stop lying"
95_Aggie
AG
Direct isn't any better. Your costs will skyrocket after your promotional period and then you will be forced to call their idiots and beg again.
45-70Ag
AG
Wow, its just cable

I've never seen anyone have this many issues.
GinaLinetti
AG
Call back. Like I said, call center reps are generally the lowest common denominator and their turnover is extremely high. I doubt he'd been there 6 months. Call. Tell them your issue and let them know upfront that they may need to get a supervisor involved. Nasty tweets tagging the company never hurt either.
AgEng06
AG
Just cut the cord. Then you only need to fight w/ your internet company, rather than internet and cable companies.
Geralt of Rivia
S
quote:
Nasty tweets tagging the company never hurt either.
This is very true. I had huge issues with the bank when I was in the house buying process a couple of years ago. I was on the phone for 45 minutes with a rep who said they couldn't help me and I would need to drive to the closest branch 3-4 hours away in order to get a copy of a canceled check. I sent out a couple of tweets complaining about their customer service, and somebody got in touch with me less than 5 minutes later. 10 minutes after that, they emailed me what I needed.
Gone Camping
AG
Had dish for almost 4 years and I don't think they had my bill right for 6 months out of the whole time. Spent hours and hours on the phone with customer service through the years and finally called and had them disconnect when they turned off my service after billing me $30 more than my rate and saying I was past due. Told them I wasn't paying disconnect or fees to ship the equipment back, not a penny, just shut it down - and they agreed to it.
A month later I get a message saying I owed $180. Called and finally got passed through to the "President's Office" after an hour of people trying to sell me something else or tell my why I was wrong. Explained the situation and everything was promptly taken off my bill and I was emailed a letter verifying zero balance.
Friend had similar experience and said he records his customer service calls and plays it back for the company as needed.

TLDR - Dish wants all your $. Call and stay on the phone and, if you can explain a legit complaint, you can probably get out without the fees.
62strat
AG
quote:
I was quoted roughly 250 for less than a year left on contract. The guy told me the next cheapest plan they have is $80/month not including dvr and local channels or taxes. They said I would also have to reup for another 2 years to get that pricing.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and he kept saying he wouldn't transfer me unless I told him why, and that I would be better off if I just gave him a time they could come disconnect. I told him that directv offers more channels for less. His response was "I highly doubt that, maybe you should just stop lying"
Did you confirm this plan pricing online in your account? You can change your plan and any options any time on your own, online, you don't have to call.

When I log in, the cheapest plan is the smartpak which is $36.99. I have dish america for $49.99.
These are without any hardware, just the cable package itself.

What exactly is your issue?
GinaLinetti
AG
Just got my new att gateway that was supposed to fix my service issue. Didn't work. Someone is coming between 8 and 12 to resolve. See. They all suck
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.