More evidence that the cop problem is not just "a few bad apples"

7,307 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunterntexas
tmaggies
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hate on the police but luv to be the spell police....
PrincessButtercup
AG
quote:

Who's hating on the police? Saying one guy sucked isn't hating on the police.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
I hate the police.
PrincessButtercup
AG
quote:
I hate the police.

Of course you do
cctvAggie
Cop should face the death penalty. Anybody who helped cover it up gets life.
Claude!
quote:
Am I still allowed to hate the dream police? I mean they live inside of my head - a clear violation of the Third Amendment. And they come to me in my head, which could implicate both my Fourth Amendment rights about unlawful search and my Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination.
toucan82
Slowclap.gif
AG
The cop will be found not guilty.
cctvAggie
quote:
The cop will be found not guilty.

Unless new evidence comes to light that would be a horrible miscarriage of justice. It wouldn't surprise me though since cops are rarely held accountable for their actions and easily abuse the system to protect themselves. This is why we desperately need the death penalty to be regularly enforced for these badged murderers.
terata
AG
The CPD should gave used a 10 gauge with multiple shots fired.
TennAg
I'm a bit suspicious of the first degree murder charge. Is this part of a plan to incite extreme disorder when the officer is freed because the shooting wasn't technically premeditated? There are certain political types who would love riots in the streets for various reasons.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
quote:
I'm a bit suspicious of the first degree murder charge. Is this part of a plan to incite extreme disorder when the officer is freed because the shooting wasn't technically premeditated? There are certain political types who would love riots in the streets for various reasons.

Premeditation can happen in the moment you decide to point a gun at someone and pull the trigger.
cctvAggie
Sure, because the cop who executed a man in cold blood then tried to hide evidence can't possibly be guilty of first degree murder. It's really a conspiracy to create riots by the durn libruls.

It's amazing how hard people will bend over backwards to defend murderers as long as they're wearing blue.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
quote:
As long as they are covering up the murder of a knife-wielding thug high on PCP I'm good with it.
You're a ****ty human being. Or, at least, you play one on the internet.

Or, you live in a bubble and bad things have never happened to you. Im guessing its the bubble.
Macarthur
quote:
As long as they are covering up the murder of a knife-wielding thug high on PCP I'm good with it.

Wow
PatAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
The police sure have a tough job. Dude is walking down the road, clearly stoned, swinging a knife. Would it be appropriate to just let him walk away to harm others? Can they get close enough to taze without putting their own lives at risk? Rubber bullets? Surely FTI has the answer.

Police have lots of nonlethal options. Could easily taze or mace him from distance, for starters.

Easily... Not really.

The rule of thumb we were taught in LEO training is that someone within 20 feet can get to you before you can react with a weapon not at the ready. Tasers have a range of about 21-25 feet, and pepper sprays max out at about 15. So, at the outset, nonlethal weapons are only effective within that danger zone. Additionally, Taser barbs need to make solid contact (and the wires need to stay intact) to work, and are usually one shot weapons. Obviously any contact on the chest/neck/face is good for the spray, and can be used repeatedly.

I'm not saying anything about this situation in Chicago, just addressing misconceptions about those weapons.

I don't feel like your "weapon not at the ready" scenario would apply here. You think they are approaching a crazy person with a knife with it holstered? I still agree with you, though. I would imagine one of the police officers would have a gun loaded with real ammunition as a last resort.
LeonardSkinner
You are right about being at the ready. But the question is, which one do you have at the ready? A sidearm and a Taser are both two handed weapons (if you want to use them as accurately and as safely as possible), so you're really limited to picking one of the three.

If you don't know what situation you're getting into, then your sidearm is the default choice. Longest range, most stopping power, and yes, lethal, if the situation is a worst case scenario.

Optimally, you'd like to have a number of officers present, with a range of weapons. In reality, that almost never happens.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
quote:
You are right about being at the ready. But the question is, which one do you have at the ready? A sidearm and a Taser are both two handed weapons (if you want to use them as accurately and as safely as possible), so you're really limited to picking one of the three.

If you don't know what situation you're getting into, then your sidearm is the default choice. Longest range, most stopping power, and yes, lethal, if the situation is a worst case scenario.

Optimally, you'd like to have a number of officers present, with a range of weapons. In reality, that almost never happens.

As i said earlier, there were multiple officers on scene. Some can have non-lethal weapons drawn, others can have guns drawn when they roll up on the guy.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
They didnt use their weapons to subdue a guy on pcp, they used their weapons to execute a man who was already subdued. Some of yall are insane.
G-Town Cracker
AG
Unfortunately, lead is about the only thing that can subdue someone on that crap.
cctvAggie
quote:
Unfortunately, lead is about the only thing that can subdue someone on that crap.

Except he was subdued before the murderer brutally executed him. This cops deserves the death penalty.
DannyDuberstein
AG
How many dustheads do I have to waste to get some french toast sticks from BK after 10:30am?
DannyDuberstein
AG
We can't give the death penalty to someone who overzealously smoked a knife-wielding dusthead. These guys deserve a little leash for being willing to be put into crazy situations. Mistakes in judgment in the midst of fear, adrenlin, and danger are going to happen. With most jobs, a judgment mistake is leaving the french toast sticks in the fryer for too long or some inaccurate projections in their powerpoint presentation. He should do a lot of time, but death? Nah.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
quote:
Mistakes in judgment in the midst of fear, adrenlin, and danger are going to happen.
Bro, he didnt kick a guy who insulted him, he executed a human being. What this cop did wouldn't be acceptable in a war zone, much less on the streets of America by an agent of the government who is supposed to protect rights.
DannyDuberstein
AG
You are naive about what is acceptable in a war zone. And I'm not saying the cop shouldn't be punished. But no one is executing him. Nor should they.

But while we're redefining capital crimes, I propose we add use of the term "bro" to the list.
malenurse
AG
quote:
I hate the police.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
Okay, F ocker.
LeonardSkinner
quote:
quote:

As i said earlier, there were multiple officers on scene. Some can have non-lethal weapons drawn, others can have guns drawn when they roll up on the guy.

Ok. As I said earlier, I wasn't commenting on this particular situation.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
Then comment elsewhere.
Furlock Bones
AG
piece of **** cops. what exactly is new about this story?

the thin blue line is about loyalty at all costs. i repeat at all costs.

he should be in jail for next 30 years.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
quote:
You are naive about what is acceptable in a war zone.
Spent 2 and a half years in a war zone, please, enlighten me.
DannyDuberstein
AG
they aren't going to execute you for killing an enemy combatant with a knife. boom. enlightened.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
quote:
they aren't going to execute you for killing an enemy combatant with a knife. boom. enlightened.
If I murdered an unarmed civilian who was already subdued they very well might. Would spend the rest of my life at Fort Leavenworth minimum. Boom. Ignorant.
LeonardSkinner
quote:
Then comment elsewhere.

Nah, I'm good here. Thanks.
Predmid
AG

Would you like a lesson in the rules of war??!?

Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.