Airbus?

7,548 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Token
SeattleAgJr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Post removed:
by user
aggieforester05
AG
I'll take the fart and stinky feet risk for the ability to lay down. I've done a lot of long haul international flights and I can't sleep sitting up. The A 380 is bad ass, I've flown on it with Quantas a couple of times.
oldschool87
AG
quote:
quote:
airbus is a terrible company that makes sheety planes that I would never want to fly on
The Airbus A380 is an effing bad ass ride. WTF are you talking about?

Posts knowledgeable content on Aggie football!!!!

"Airbus is a terrible company I would not ride on there planes..". Seriously????
TecRecAg
AG
If it ain't Boeing, I ain't going!
GAC06
AG
quote:
How in the **** to you have a pool on a plane?
There's this thing called photoshop. Theyre doing amazing things with it.
BlueMiles
AG
Storing carry-on bags looks like it would be harder. Drinks get spilled on the people below, too.
pilot
AG
Lol....
Ryan34
AG
Never would have guessed that there are airplane snobs.
FCBlitz
Man i could go for the ability to go horizontal. Dang business is too expensive for the company I work for and the U.S. govt will not reimburse anything over coach.

So on my flights to/from Vietnam I would love it.
aggieforester05
AG
I too worked for a company that was too cheap to pay for business and I flew overseas often. Coach for 15 hours straight really sucks, even worse when it's 13 hours straight on American Airlines. At least you get a little more comfort with the international airlines. Business class was way overpriced in my opinion. Last time I flew to Australia, it was an almost $6K round trip upgrade. It's nice, but not that nice. I was more than happy with economy plus on Japan Airlines. Just don't stuff me in there like a sardine and figure out how I can lay down and I'll be happy.
Damien Thorn
You guys need to stop flying on public airliners and go with a private jet. Much more relaxing travel.
Ag with kids
AG
quote:
quote:
airbus is a terrible company that makes sheety planes that I would never want to fly on
The Airbus A380 is an effing bad ass ride. WTF are you talking about?

I'm flying Emirates on one of those to Dubai in a few weeks. Business class. But, I'll suffer through it. Don't anyone worry about me. I'll tough it out.
Aggie97
AG
I flew in an Airbus with Lufthansa last year to Europe. It was the best airline flight I ever had
histag10
AG
This last flight to Texas, 3 of the 4 legs were A319s. The other was a 737. The airbus actually had more room (I think because the seats were more slim). They both had WiFi (airbus had personal device entertainment on app, 737 had seat back tvs). 737 had more comfortable seats but less leg room.

Almost anytime I fly, at least 1 leg is an airbus. I'm just thankful this last trip didn't have Canadair or Embrair
GAC06
AG
quote:
This last flight to Texas, 3 of the 4 legs were A319s. The other was a 737. The airbus actually had more room (I think because the seats were more slim). They both had WiFi (airbus had personal device entertainment on app, 737 had seat back tvs). 737 had more comfortable seats but less leg room.

Almost anytime I fly, at least 1 leg is an airbus. I'm just thankful this last trip didn't have Canadair or Embrair

Literally nothing you described has anything to do with the manufacturer. The airlines decide how to outfit their planes. The regional jets are a different story and aren't even owned or flown by the airline you paid for the ticket.
histag10
AG
Literally, I don't give a ****.
GAC06
AG
Then did you tell us about the amenities on the random Boeing and Airbus jets you rode on?
histag10
AG
quote:
Then did you tell us about the amenities on the random Boeing and Airbus jets you rode on?

Yes, I did. Good observation captain obvious.
superunknown
AG
quote:

The newer ERJs are pretty good. Most of them have the personal device entertainment option. Agree with the CRJs, though. They are ass,
GAC06
AG
quote:
quote:

Yes, I did. Good observation captain obvious.

There was supposed to be a "why" in there.

Don't worry, I often go out of my way to post about things I literally don't give a **** about.
Line up and wait 18L
quote:
If it ain't Boeing, I ain't going!
As a current Boeing 737 guy I'll go along with that all day long. Also flew the 777, 757 and 767. Fine machines.
bmc13
AG
this is a concept from a few years ago

http://www.slashgear.com/stacked-airplane-seating-concept-terrifying-0955576/
bmc13
AG
bed class

http://airbornehotel.blogspot.com/2010/01/dst-vs-abh.html
bmc13
AG
cattle class

http://www.travelinsurancereview.net/2013/06/10/luxury-business-class-airline-seats/
YellowPot_97
AG
quote:
business class flying FTW
joke's on you, that is for business class
Ag with kids
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
what do you dislike about them so much?

never been on anything outside an A319/320 myself and they seem pretty standard. I prefer the MD80/90s myself but those are fading out quickly.

I've heard too many stories about Airbus accidents. Many of them involving faulty equipment and/or flight software/how they train the pilots (although the pilot training is probably more on the airline's shoulders......but European airlines fly airbus, so I don't feel bad about lumping them in here).

Like the Air France 447 crash in '09. Instruments iced over, the pilot couldn't tell his altitude, freaked out, started climbing, never stopped, stalled the plane, and they crashed in the Atlantic.

Granted, American engineers are likely extremely biased in favor of Boeing over Airbus, so maybe I'm not the best person to make the argument. But Airbus (and the airlines that operate Airbus products) just seem to have more wtf? moments.

I completely disagree with the Airbus philosophy of not having the pilot/copilot controls coupled. The idea that the two could make inputs that cancel each other out is mind boggling to me.

However, I've seen the A380 do acrobatics at the last 2 Paris Airshows so IDGAF, I wanna ride!!!
Alan Pavio
AG
I know I'm in the minority here, but I actually prefer the U.S. Airways A320 for domestic flights. I don't know what it is, but that's a fine machine. No entertainment either, but I'm usually passed out before we even taxi, so I don't care.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
el bee
AG
MD 80 is the worst airplane ever. I fly the DFW PDX route for work and it's a 4 hour ride in that tiny **** plane.
Line up and wait 18L

Token
AG
I prefer the bangbus
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.