Frat welcome banners cause outrage

11,905 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by aTm2004
30_Days
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
nobody complains about being offended more than "conservatives" who piss and moan about people being offended all the time.

bunch of ****ing babies
haircut
AG
Damn! Ag tag and a shiny new star!
MouthBQ98
AG
Seems a bit rapey....or creepery at least.
riverrataggie
AG
quote:
nobody complains about being offended more than "conservatives" who piss and moan about people being offended all the time.

bunch of ****ing babies

I probably offend a few people a day. Those that are easily offended tend to not get close after a few interactions. I don't really care honestly. Example, for me to really care to get all bent out of shape about it and start complaining as you say requires me to care about the offended in the first place.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
quote:
Seems a bit rapey....or creepery at least.

You're thinking of Phi Delt

http://gawker.com/texas-tech-frat-bros-booted-for-no-means-yes-yes-mean-1644435854
agnerd
AG
It was hand-painted on bed sheets. Funny $#!+. Anyone that takes that seriously has a stick up their @$$.
Out in Left Field
AG
quote:
quote:
I find find the two banners on the right funny.

The other, meh.

The two banners on the left set up the third, which is funny.
Comedic Rule of 3s
reb,
AG
OOPS.frat just got suspended
Out in Left Field
AG
quote:
OOPS.frat just got suspended
"Old Dominion University's Sigma Nu Frat Suspended During Probe Into Sexually Suggestive Signs"

LOL
30_Days
AG
also, I question anybody who says that taking "offense" to this kind of thing is new.

Ask yourself what would have happened if a frat had hung banners like these on campus back in your "golden age of morality" the 40s or 50s.

Face it. It was liberals in the 60s and 70s with their hippy dippy sexual revolution that allowed statements like this to become "acceptable" in public in the first place.

the university should expel these children not because they "offended" people, but because they're obviously immature ******bags who haven't learned to assimilate with civilized society.
AngelAg
PEOPLES GETTING OFFENDED? SAY IT AINT SO!
Fonzie Scheme
AG
So, are you saying liberals with their pants around their ankles are responsible for all the promiscuity on campus today?

Because I call bull****. Hoors have been sucking dick for hundreds of years. Hippies just forced it to be socially acceptable.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Damn. Just saw your edit. It makes my point seem way too thuper therious.
30_Days
AG
quote:
So, are you saying liberals with their pants around their ankles are responsible for all the promiscuity on campus today?

Because I call bull****. Hoors have been sucking dick for hundreds of years. Hippies just forced it to be socially acceptable.
no, I'm saying that making it socially acceptable gave these kids the freedom to write things like that outside their house without the police and the neighborhood immediately tearing it down and running the deviants out of town on a rail.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Man, that First Amendment is a beech, ain't she?
Geralt of Rivia
S
quote:
the university should expel these children not because they "offended" people, but because they're obviously immature ******bags who haven't learned to assimilate with civilized society.

30_Days
AG
quote:

What law exactly did Congress make abridging free speech?
Jacques
quote:
quote:

What law exactly did Congress make abridging free speech?

The kids that hung these banners are smarter than you.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
It's all fun and games until 3 weeks into the semester when you realize that the banners were, basically, true.
Amazing Moves
30_Days until you stop bleeding all over Texags!?!!! What a great idea!!!

That sounds pretty fair. Gives you time to get it all out of your system.

Make a count down clock. For everybody's sake.
reb,
AG
quote:

im wondering whether he got tired of being banned from #politics so thats why he's here all of the sudden
30_Days
AG
quote:

waaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaa

here's an idea. piss off and stop being so offended by my posts.
Amazing Moves
The GB needs a tampon when he posts.
AggieDarlin
AG
Every 30 days is pretty much once a month. Makes sense.
agz win
AG

Can't post pic from this thread...

http://texags.com/forums/5/topics/1912545
aTm2004
AG
quote:
People are offended by the stupidest things. Those banners aren't even that funny.
They're not funny at first, but become hilarious when you realize how many people were "offended" by it.
aTm2004
AG
quote:
quote:
Who cares?

Let them be college kids....

Not so easy in this day and age with social media. Shows extremely poor judgment and it will likely affect the officers of the frat in the future. You just can't be that stupid nowadays...it doesn't go away.
Poor judgement is the backbone of the college experience. As far as affecting them in the future, they're in a frat...are people really surprised by the immature things that happen with frats? Also, how are they being "that stupid" with the signs? I don't see any binge drinking, drugs, or them forcing somebody to do something they probably wouldn't do. With all of the negative things we hear about now with frats and them pushing the boundaries, this is not even a blip on the radar.
Post removed:
by user
HBCanine08
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Who cares?

Let them be college kids....

Not so easy in this day and age with social media. Shows extremely poor judgment and it will likely affect the officers of the frat in the future. You just can't be that stupid nowadays...it doesn't go away.
Poor judgement is the backbone of the college experience. As far as affecting them in the future, they're in a frat...are people really surprised by the immature things that happen with frats? Also, how are they being "that stupid" with the signs? I don't see any binge drinking, drugs, or them forcing somebody to do something they probably wouldn't do. With all of the negative things we hear about now with frats and them pushing the boundaries, this is not even a blip on the radar.
F'n A, dude, F'n A
PatAg
AG
Apparently a lot of you have either forgotten all the heinous **** you took part in while you stayed in the dorms, especially any Northside dorm. Or you are a bunch of squares/religious nuts.
30_Days
AG
quote:
Apparently a lot of you have either forgotten all the heinous **** you took part in while you stayed in the dorms, especially any Northside dorm. Or you are a bunch of squares/religious nuts.
I lived in Moore Hall and even we had way more class than these tools
GregZeppelin
AG
quote:
quote:
I lived in Moore Hall and even we had way more class than these tools

So 30_Days is a social conservative.

Huh.
Duncan Idaho
This thread is 1000x better on the politics board
Geralt of Rivia
S
quote:
This thread is 1000x better on the politics board

Is that because 30 days isn't posting on it?
Duncan Idaho
No it is like a 100 30 days are posting on it but they are all middle aged guys pissed off and wanting to beat up college kids
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.