Frat welcome banners cause outrage

11,891 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by aTm2004
Jugstore Cowboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
The GB needs a tampon when he posts.

No ****. I've seen the guy(?) make perfectly conservative comments and get blasted as a "libbruhl." It's funny how easily he can piss people off, but the heard thing is annoying when every thread gets derailed into personal attacks.
staticdoor
AG
Welp, the frat got suspended...so looks like I was right. Not saying I agree, it just is. Social media made this a national story. 20 years ago, an administrator walks across the street and says "really...take that crap down" and it is over.

My post wasn't to pass judgement. It was stupid...because it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the outcome of doing dumb**** like that nowadays.
aTm2004
AG
You were right? The national chapter of the frat suspended them to save face on something that shouldn't have been that big of a deal, not the school.

quote:
ODU praised the national fraternity's actions. "We thank the national organization of Sigma Nu for partnering with Old Dominion University in making a strong statement that the behavior of a few student members will not be tolerated, by announcing the suspension of their local chapter's activities," said school spokeswoman, Giovanna M. Genard.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/old-dominion-universitys-sigma-nu-frat-suspended-during-probe-sexually-n415056

Also, this girl should fit right in with the always offended and can't handle the real world mindset rampant on college campuses now...
quote:
He added that an incoming freshman woman told his she thought about returning home...
I'm sure that future feminist would be outraged and ashamed of being a woman if she saw this on her campus...

Claude!
quote:
You were right? The national chapter of the frat suspended them to save face on something that shouldn't have been that big of a deal, not the school.

quote:
ODU praised the national fraternity's actions. "We thank the national organization of Sigma Nu for partnering with Old Dominion University in making a strong statement that the behavior of a few student members will not be tolerated, by announcing the suspension of their local chapter's activities," said school spokeswoman, Giovanna M. Genard.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/old-dominion-universitys-sigma-nu-frat-suspended-during-probe-sexually-n415056

Also, this girl should fit right in with the always offended and can't handle the real world mindset rampant on college campuses now...
quote:
He added that an incoming freshman woman told his she thought about returning home...
I'm sure that future feminist would be outraged and ashamed of being a woman if she saw this on her campus...

So, uh, anyone have that Megan's number?
30_Days
AG
quote:
Welp, the frat got suspended...so looks like I was right. Not saying I agree, it just is. Social media made this a national story. 20 years ago, an administrator walks across the street and says "really...take that crap down" and it is over.

My post wasn't to pass judgement. It was stupid...because it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the outcome of doing dumb**** like that nowadays.
and 20 years ago the frat would have taken it down and it would have been done. If the administration tired that today people would start screaming bloody murder about "freedom of speech" and "PC police."

both sides have become a bunch of babies.
staticdoor
AG
If you don't get the suspension being a purely political move in an attempt to prevent making things worse. I can't help you. And if you don't understand that my point is not about whether it isn't a big deal - but is about how social media requires better judgement than we had to exercise 20 years ago when I was in school...well can't help you there either
Ag 11
AG
Is the one on the right Megan?
aTm2004
AG
quote:
If you don't get the suspension being a purely political move in an attempt to prevent making things worse. I can't help you. And if you don't understand that my point is not about whether it isn't a big deal - but is about how social media requires better judgement than we had to exercise 20 years ago when I was in school...well can't help you there either
I do understand it's a political move by the frat...that's why I said it was to save face. I simply don't agree with you that it's a big deal. To me, it's not. This has nothing to do about social media. It has everything to do with how society has changed and look for things to get offended about. This country is turning into a bunch of vaginas.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.