I just reported my neighbor to the city

11,588 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by unimboti nkum
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Could be an issue if there are termites underneath all that. Something similar just happened to my best friend.
AggieDarlin
AG
That yard would attract velociraptors.

So f- you, OP, because that would be f-ing awesome
OnlyForNow
AG
Seriously just go spend 25 bucks at Home Depot buy the roundup concentrate, dilute it with 3 parts water 1 part stuff and spray it on that ****.

It'll be dead in three days.
2ndGen87
AG
george92
Narc. 2006EE would be proud of you. And Narc.
spieg12
AG
Except the trees. Mix in some remedy and diesel and then you got it.

Or just get agent orange. I hear he's pretty good at this sort of thing.
OnlyForNow
AG
Heavy enough doses will hackberry. The sumac wouldn't stand a chance.
B-1 83
AG
quote:
Except the trees. Mix in some remedy and diesel and then you got it.

Or just get agent orange. I hear he's pretty good at this sort of thing.
Actually, just a little Weed-B-Gone will do it.
Jackass2004
AG
Mexicans are also an excellent remedy for ridding of organic matter.
agz win
AG
Snitches get stitches!

My "landscape" is wilder than hers.
jfadioustoad
I think it's kinda cool looking.
knoxtom
Why didn't you just help her out and mow it for her? You sound like a b
unimboti nkum
AG
quote:
Why didn't you just help her out and mow it for her? You sound like a b
I don't own a lawnmower. And it can't be mowed. There are trees and bushes that need to be dug up.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
You sent a man with a gun to threaten violence on a human being because you dont understand property rights.

You sound cool.
unimboti nkum
AG
quote:
You sent a man with a gun to threaten violence on a human being because you dont understand property rights.

You sound cool.
A gun? It's a going to be an overweight city government lackey with an old digital camera to take a photo, you moron.
Bondag
AG
The city posts a yellow sign on you lot saying you have so many days to take care of it or they will and will send you a bill.

This happens a lot when someone buys a lot then can't finance to build on it so they mow it once or twice then forget about it altogether and you have a lot that fills with trash and wild dogs and cats people just quit caring for.
agcrock2005
AG
quote:
My (and my other neighbors') concern is mostly the type of trees/weeds growing there. The major problem is the ailanthus trees, which are an invasive/non-native, and almost impossible to get rid of once they get established. They will totally take over a yard.

http://www.invasivespeciesinfo.gov/plants/treeheaven.shtml

You sound fun...
Gerald Tarrant
Good on you, OP. People like this need some accountability in their lives.
marble rye
AG
Digging bushes.
unimboti nkum
AG
I was working on my back patio today when the inspector showed up. She took some cell phone pics, talked to her friend on the phone for five minutes, then left.

One of the tenants was at home to let her in, so they know what's up. Not sure if the owners know.

I'm sure you're all on the edge of your seats, so I'll keep you posted.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Tenants? Surprised none of the residents wanted it taken down some.
The Collective
AG
So, did you talk to the tenant or the landlord?
unimboti nkum
AG
Neither. Tried several times to contact the owner, but no response.
pdc093
Could be worse...

quote:
A mutilated garter snake, a sliced frog and countless slashed grasshoppers. That was the scene of carnage in my yard in September, after local officials ordered me to mow my overgrown lawn or be fined $1,000. Three months earlier, I had stopped mowing my nearly one acre of country land outside of a rural Ohio town. A diverse potpourri of plants began to flourish, and a rich assortment of insects and animals followed. I had essentially grown a working ecosystem, one that had been waiting for the chance to emerge.
So this season, I took a stand and refused to mow at all.
In June, my partner and I received an official written warning from the trustee board of St. Albans Township, stating that our yard had become "a nuisance." Ohio law allows local governments to control any vegetation on private property that they deem a nuisance, after a seven-day warning to the property owners. But the law does not define what "a nuisance" is, effectively giving local leaders the power to remove whatever grass or plants offend them. In our case, the trustees decided that our lawn was too tall and thick and would attract "nuisance animals" such as "snakes and rodents." If we didn't cut it, they would hire someone to do so and bring law enforcement with them.

But the main point of growing a natural yard is to attract wildlife and build a self-regulating environment. The un-mowed plants in our yard attract plant-eating bugs and rodents, which in turn attract birds, bats, toads and garter snakes that eat them. Then hawks fly in to eat the snakes. Seeing all this life emerge in just one growing season made me realize just how much nature manicured lawns displace and disrupt.
quote:
There are 40.5 million acres of lawn in the United States, more than double the size of the country's largest national forest. We disconnect ourselves from wildlife habitat loss by viewing it as a problem caused by industry and agriculture. But habitat loss isn't a problem happening out there somewhere; it's happening in our own back yards.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/08/03/my-town-calls-my-lawn-a-nuisance-but-i-still-refuse-to-mow-it/?tid=sm_fb

bmc13
AG
so was that yard in a town or outside of a town?
unimboti nkum
AG
In a large city.
bmc13
AG
not asking about OP. asking about the quoted stuff in the post right above mine.
Inspector Javert
No telling all the VC that could be hiding in there, probably have some tunnels and **** too
Charpie
AG
Gee...I wonder who you are
Spotted Ag
AG
Just like a damn liberal hippy to go whine to a government body about something that hurts their feelings. If it bothers you so damn much go mow it yourself. If not then MYOFB!
unimboti nkum
AG
quote:
Just like a damn liberal hippy to go whine to a government body about something that hurts their feelings. If it bothers you so damn much go mow it yourself. If not then MYOFB!
I don't own a mower, you can't mow down 10' trees, and their gate has a lock.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.