Fake Aggie? Someone lying about attending A&M

7,523 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by AggieJ29
Dex5511
How long do you want to ignore this user?
figured this might be a good topic for Monday...

I know a guy through a mutual friend that claims that he went to A&M. Since meeting this "aggie" I have heard others make comments over the years about how he never attended A&M and just claims to be an Aggie. Well, now this guy has an Aggie Ring and wears it every day. I looked on his Linkedinand Facebook account and they both state that he went to A&M.

One thing I hate in this world are fakes, so I wanted to dig into this a little deeper! I decided to look online on the Former Students website and sure enough his name isn't listed there. However his dad and grandfather are listed. Now I've become more pissed off about this guy lying about his college career. I decided to even call the Former Students and confirm over the phone that this guy didn't attend A&M and they told me this morning that they have no record of him taking one single class.

What should I do now?
I'm so pissed that I almost want to send an email to his employer to just let him know. Odds are that he lied about it on his resume, especially since he lists it publicly on social media. It's not that he's just lying about attending A&M, it could be any college and I would still probably send an email to his employer. I was also wondering how he got his aggie ring? Maybe from his late grandfather? Or his dad might have given him one just so his son could act the part as a former aggie? He already wears everything A&M (which doesn't mean anything), but when you wear a ring that you didn't earn, isn't that a little too much?
Beer Baron
AG

quote:
What should I do now?
Take a deep breath, look at your life and how you got to be such a crazy person, and start focusing on sheet that matters.
G.I.Bro
Disisgonnabegood.gif
Dr. Faustus
AG
Dumpster Fire
Hannah McKay
AG
this guy is a friend of a friend, and you want to call his employer?

good lord. get a dog/life/girlfriend/anything
Tobias Funke
AG
Fonzie Scheme
AG
OP has no Ag tag.
Geralt of Rivia
S
mfbarnes
redd38
AG
Didn't we already do this thread like a year ago? Some oil field guy lying about being an Aggie I think... don't remember all the details.

Anyway, social standards dictate that you bang his gf/wife/sister then move on with your life.
Claude!
Maybe every time he mentions attending A&M, he says "Commerce" sotto voce.
Tree Hugger
AG
Probably went to one of the satellite campuses and then bought a ring on ebay
aglaohfour
AG
Why do you care so much? You sound like one of those stolen valor people, but at least they're worked up about something that matters. Leave it alone and move on with you life. Also, you might want to get your blood pressure checked - you seem a little high strung.
Wildmen2007
AG
MooseAg13
AG
I agree with the banging gf/wife/sister.
Beer Baron
AG
quote:
OP has no Ag tag.
We should probably let his employer, spouse, parents, and the president of his HOA know about this.
Scimitar
AG
does he wear it on his left hand?
Dex5511
I knew I was going to get this type of feedback! Ha

So, I lied, he isn't a friend of a friend...
He is actually one of my friends. We went to school together at one time in our lives.

Guess I'm just trying to be super careful so he doesn't identify me. That's why I made a new username!
I think he posts here sometimes...you know, cause he is a die-hard Aggie! pfffff!

How's this any different than if you had a friend that applied for a job and told his new employer that he had served time in the military when he never did? Lying is lying when it comes to applying for a job/career. If you knew your friend had lied about being in the military, would you say something? (I know lying about being in the military is way worse, but it's still lying!)
Post removed:
by user
Beer Baron
AG

quote:
Aggies don't lie, cheat or steal. I'm alerting the President of the University so we can look into confiscating your diploma and ring.
CaddoAggie96
AG
Monica
bmc13
AG
which one of our regulars created this account and posted this?
redd38
AG
quote:
He is actually one of my friends. We went to school together at one time in our lives.

quote:
Lying is lying

mmhmmm.... maybe you should take a look at your own life before you start working on other people's lives.
chiken
AG
I wanted to reply to your post. However, given the level of BSC you reached on this alleged friend of a friend, I'm not sticking my neck out there for you to be "annoyed" with and call my boss 'cause your tampon isn't sitting right.

My sincerest best wishes to you in ruining someone elses life!!!!
chiken
AG
By the way, I think this is haircut.
Scimitar
AG
quote:
quote:

quote:
Lying is lying

mmhmmm.... maybe you should take a look at your own life before you start working on other people's lives.
rhoswen
AG
If you're such good friends how come you don't know where he went to school? Why don't you just ask him directly? You know, like an adult and less like a 13 year old girl.
nuRowdy
Gina. IP Confirmed.
Flashdiaz
AG
combat wombat™
AG
OP, get a life.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
You should pick better friends.
combat wombat™
AG
His friend s should pick better friends.
haircut
AG
quote:
Do you believe I'm the friend or OP?
Tagguy
AG
You should probably create a sock and then post an angry thread about it on TexAgs
chiken
AG
quote:
quote:
Do you believe I'm the friend or OP?
I BELIEVE YOU'RE THE OP, SIR, SARGANT, SIR!!!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.