Fake Aggie? Someone lying about attending A&M

7,534 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by AggieJ29
haircut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
By the way, I think this is haircut.
Do you believe I'm the friend or OP?
I BELIEVE YOU'RE THE OP, SIR, SARGANT, SIR!!!
Sorry Miss Chiken! I am neither the OP or the friend.

P.S. Do I have permission to create a crappy thread today?
chiken
AG
Since when has my opinion mattered when/if you post a crappy thread?
suburban cowboy
AG
If this is legit, I would just use it to gain leverage on the guy. Make him pay you $100K and just move on.
haircut
AG
quote:
Since when has my opinion mattered when/if you post a crappy thread?
You will be the subject of the thread
chiken
AG
Then no, ya don't. Isn't there someones work life you should be ruining right now? Is it hard logging back in and out repeatedly?
bmc13
AG
ohhhh his name was Gaylord?
haircut
AG
quote:
Then no, ya don't. Isn't there someones work life you should be ruining right now? Is it hard logging back in and out repeatedly?
believe it or not, I'm respectable at work. I also don't have any texags socks.
Chazz03
AG
Haircut has no friends
HollywoodBQ
AG
I met a guy a couple years ago who mis-represented himself as having been in the Corps of Cadets. The more I listened to him talk and the more comments I made, expecting him to have a response as a fellow Corps guy, the more I realized that something wasn't adding up about his time at A&M. This puzzled me for a while and then finally one day, I happened to check his LinkedIn profile.

It appears that he told the truth on his LinkedIn. Mystery solved. Continues to mis-represent himself but I don't really care because I know the truth and that's good enough for me. My biggest concern was how in the hell could he have survived the program and still be such a moron. It turns out he didn't. That's how.

About the ring - probably from a family member. See if you can get close enough to check the class year.

I had a guy I went to school with who inherited his grandfather's Class of '32 ring and wore it instead of ordering his own A&M ring. It looked awesome. Poor guy died in a car wreck like two years after graduation - probably age 24 maybe.
histag10
AG
So, a semi-serious answer. Don't you still have to verify that you went to a school on Facebook by registering a valid email from that school?
GigEmAgs14
AG
this thread took a turn for the worst on the OP's first post
AngelAg
blackmail
Dex5511
haircut
AG
quote:
Haircut has no friends
There is truth to this statement. I am not very liked IRL. Most people find me repugnant. In college I had to study by myself, as I was always the stupidest in any group. My hope of finding friends landed me on texags, but has proven a failure. There is no hope for me in this world.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Actually, this fake Aggie situation reminds me. I have an acquaintance who is a professional recruiter. He frequently comes across people falsely claiming to be Aggies. He told me about a few cases. But, I don't know what he did with the information. I doubt there's anything like that guy who busts fake Navy Seals.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Buds131
Dex5511
bmc13
AG
and the gig is up. accidental post under wrong name
Dex5511
YesI lied about saying he was a friend of a friend originally, but come on, that's not really lying! Like I said, I'm just trying to make sure I don't give away who I am! Go ahead and copy my quote "lying is lying!" lol!!! Come on!

In regards to why I don't know where he went to school-
I knew where he went out of high school and we never really kept in touch. He went to some D2 school for sports, then transferred to Blinn with hopes of getting into A&M. Well, that never happened. He was never able to transfer to A&M and from what his parents last told me when I randomly saw them one day back in our hometown was that he was about to graduate from Blinn.

It is a common joke between a few of us guys that this dude never went to A&M, but I never socialize with him anymore so can't flat out ask if he attended. It's not until recently that I saw a pic of his fake aggie ring

I'm surprised not one single person has made a comment about what they would do if they knew a friend was lying about serving in the military and telling their employer!

I might be running out of my rookie posts for the day, so if TA will let me, I might just edit this post and add any of my additional comments.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
post added at 12:19 (exceeded number of rookies post)

Why Baron?
Because this guy is trying to better himself in life by lying to people about things like this? No, he's no Barnes, but he is still getting ahead in life by telling lies to his employer, family and friends. I asked one of our mutual friends if his wife even knows and he said that she probably thinks he went to A&M since they met after his college years!

Hollywood-ya that's crazy! Not sure why people have to lie about such things like that! Guess they just want to be viewed differently by other people.

IDAGG-Ya, kinda what I have done over the past few years. I see him probably once every two years. I don't even have his cell# and we never hang out. Thank you for your comments. It's what I was looking for on this board (even though it can be hard to find at times). I will not go forward with this then. I didn't think I was going to anyway, because I would hate for him to actually lose his job over something so stupid (not sure if it would even be a fire-able offense). I feel sorry for him having to live this lie everyday.
Thanks everyone. For your feedback. You can now go about your day
Beer Baron
AG
I've never met this fake Aggie, but at this point I'd gladly trade him for you.
Post removed:
by user
Geralt of Rivia
S
I didn't go to A&M...can I take his place as now being an Aggie?
Al Bula
AG
Delete thread, ban user.

Troll.
IDAGG
AG
OP if this really bugs you this much, just stop being friends with him. I know I am picky with who I call friends and if I found out one of them was a big liar I would probably distance myself from them and call it good. Why do you want to out this guy publicly, especially with his employer? That is petty and vindictive. If you are going to be petty and vindictive, then wait for someone to do something that impacts you personally.
haircut
AG
quote:
I'd gladly give you an honorary degree and strip many of theirs... Well, at least I'd swap you and that terrible person woody2006.
Beer Baron
AG
quote:
I'm going to alert your employer that you're taking steps to someday pass yourself off as an Aggie. It's important that they know this.
Ag_07
AG
I guess I'm in the minority here.

OP...I say email his employer, but please provide us with a copy of said email and all correspondence.

If I'm not the one being BSC and wasting my time IDGAF what someone does. I just wanna make sure I'm able to watch the train wreck.
Dread Pirate Roberts
Start off by asking your friend why he's saying he went to A&M when he didn't.

Then if he continues to lie about it, avoid him. There's no reason to be friends with someone that you can't trust. I don't know that you need to go to his boss about it.
AggieJ29
AG
quote:

quote:
What should I do now?
Take a deep breath, look at your life and how you got to be such a crazy person, and start focusing on sheet that matters.

**** that! Go scorched on that mother****er. I mean straight ****ing NUCLEAR. GET HIM FIRED!!!! RUIN HIS LIFE!!!!!! KILL HIM!!!!!!!!!!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.