Confederate flag still up at SC house.

31,779 Views | 354 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by tbirdspur2010
tbirdspur2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
What about angry black men from low socioeconomic background beats and/or kills angry black men from similar background?

This scenario is in no way pointed at you. I've seen your pics, both marital and parental. But, what is to be done about black people killing black people? Those numbers are much higher than white on black. This is the scenario, and reality, that must be overcome if any semblance of racial harmony is to be achieved. There are more blacks killing blacks than whites killing blacks. What must be done? Is it educational? What is it?

I honestly want to know.

Well, TexasRebel isn't black, so that hypothetical doesn't work lol.

As for blacks killing blacks, people of the same nationality tend to commit crimes against each other at higher rates across the board. Proximity is more the issue than anything, but it IS an issue.

What's disingenuous is when situations like the Charleston shooter arise that were clearly racially motivated, people deflect to an issue that has no bearing on the present circumstance.

I'm excusing neither at the end of the day. Murder is always heinous.

I couldn't care less about TexasRebel because I am not siding with him/her.

My point is that there are more black people dying at the hands of black people. What is to be done about that?

It's all fine and good to use one white, hate-filled person to vilify a symbol of past hatred. But, is not the bigger concern, people of similar socioeconomic background visiting harm upon those of the same background?

I was joking about the hypothetical. It's aight to bring a little levity lol.

As for what is to he done about black on black crime, it's not like leaders in areas where such crime is prevalent aren't actively speaking against such. There is much work to be done, but much work is being done every day, as well.

And those who would use one act to vilify an entire demographic are as wrong as those who use it in the other direction. I'm not vilifying anyone, especially white people (given today is my 4 year weddding anniversary to a white gal lmao)
Wade_3
AG
quote:
My point is that there are more black people dying at the hands of black people. What is to be done about that?

It's all fine and good to use one white, hate-filled person to vilify a symbol of past hatred. But, is not the bigger concern, people of similar socioeconomic background visiting harm upon those of the same background?

There are quite a few things that could be done, but, they require the state stepping in and increasing funding for schools, better job training and commercial incentives to revitalize specific under-developed areas. I doubt any of those ideas appeal to you.

Now, back to the topic at hand. Why are you minimizing a clearly racist act? Why do you think this is something that is inconsequential? Why do you want to change the conversation so quickly?
bagger05
AG
Happy anniversary!

tbirdspur2010 used to be like

And then he was like
TexasRebel
AG
Now they're stealing our women! The movies were right!
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Happy anniversary, Tbird.

My questions were honest ones and, in their own way, meant to balance the humor equation.
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
Happy anniversary!

tbirdspur2010 used to be like

And then he was like

Oh that's awesome lmao!

And thanks, TR, Fonzie! Great talking with y'all, but I gotta go get busy....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.