Divorced people, how long did it take you to get back in the game?

20,165 Views | 137 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Pirate04
713nervy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Another pro-tip, nervy is into recently divorced guys

Two isn't really even a tradition.
GasPasser97
AG
Wonder what divorce rates would be if men in their 30's married women in their 20's (or something similar)....
BillYeoman
quote:
joniG is correct. There also comes a point where one spouse begins to feel that they are being taken advantage of. Where they put in an incredible amount of energy, thought and care in pleasing the other spouse and the children only to slowly recognize that the relationship is not reciprocal. The communication breaks down as the intimacy evaporates leaving only duty to spouse and family with little positive reinforcement to continue the effort it takes to maintain a dysfunctional unhappy situation. Why does it go toxic after 15 or 20 or 25 years? Because one spouse is happy with the evolution of the marriage while the other spouse is longing for more out of life and more out of the marriage. The happy spouse is unwilling to change because, in their view, nothing needs to change. The disillusioned spouse either continues in the mess they are in or leaves in hope of finding a better, happier, more satisfying life.

I truly wish you the best. I wish all those beat up in divorce the best. It is a horrendous experience that can leave scars that never fully heal. With all the $$$ I spent on marriage counselors and post divorce counseling there are a few tips that seem hold true. Don't get into a serious relationship until the grief from the divorce has passed ( you don't want to take bad baggage with you). Have some fun, work hard, get a new interest to deflect your attention away from your loss.

Take heart in the fact that there are not many good men available today so you are in an enviable position.

Well put.
Smithjg
I am not sure if this is actually getting back in the game or not, but.... The very night my divorce was finalized, my EXWIFE called me crying and wanted Me to come. I did and we did!
G.I.Bro
Sounds like a good idea
Rusty GCS
AG
multiple ex wives or the last you just divorced that day?
Smithjg
Sorry, that was not real clear, my bad! The same woman that divorced me called crying and wanted me to come over. I stayed the entire night and we played hide the sausage. Over the course of the next three months or so, I got a booty call on a regular basis. We normally tried to hide it from our daughter (1st grader) so some nights she would stay with my parents, other times her parents. She ended up moving to Corpus (from Victoria) and the frequency dropped some.
Beer Baron
AG
Your story reminds me of that time I donated some clothes to Goodwill, but periodically stopped by the store for weeks afterwards to try on some of my old pants.
bluecouchstudios
AG
I have also seen marriages break up because one spouse matures faster than the other. I have seen situations where a spouse does not mature much at all because of a personality disorder caused by a childhood trauma. If they refuse to deal with it, it can cause quite a strain on a marriage to a maturing spouse. Intimacy (not just sex) becomes very difficult, not just because they struggle to communicate, but because the immature spouse gets frustrated as the mature spouse stops capitulating to his/her immature schemes.

The marriage ends when the immature spouse gets frustrated enough to leave or the mature spouse becomes aware of the relationship dynamic and loses hope that their spouse will change. I had a friend go through this. The worst part is when the kids get old enough to realize the situation and begin to have disdain for the immature spouse due to his/her issues.
Professor Frick
AG
quote:
Over the course of the next three months or so, I got a booty call on a regular basis. We normally tried to hide it from our daughter (1st grader) so some nights she would stay with my parents, other times her parents.

Surprised it didn't work out, you guys sound like really great people.
Scimitar
AG
quote:
If you have a divorce party, don't invite nuRowdy bc he will just pass out at the bar right when you're making headway with a girl, then you'll spend the next two hours getting him back to the hotel room

See? That's where you went wrong. You should've invited Scimi and have him drop $10K at the tittie bar to help you get over it in one fun-filled, action-packed night
G.I.Bro
But I don't like you
Scimitar
AG
does it matter with $10k on the line?
ENG
AG
well, s**t
G.I.Bro
Yes, I'm not a hoar
G.I.Bro
You can pick up my tab any time, big guy
trouble
AG
Bull****
G.I.Bro
Well,not THAT big of one
Pirate04
AG
quote:
Yes, I'm not a hoar

Stop lyin to yourself.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
quote:
Your story reminds me of that time I donated some clothes to Goodwill, but periodically stopped by the store for weeks afterwards to try on some of my old pants.

I bought those pants, but the rear end was all worn out and loose.
G.I.Bro
Howdy, Pirate. How much would you pay to hang out with me? Going bid is 10K, but I think you could low ball me
I Play With Guns
S
G.I. Hoe
G.I.Bro
Professor Frick
AG
Like I always say

G. I. Bros before G. I. Hoes.
Claude!
quote:
quote:

With a dry cool wit like that, you could be an action hero.
Beer Baron
AG
quote:
quote:

Close the trap door.
cisgenderedAggie
quote:
quote:
If you have a divorce party, don't invite nuRowdy bc he will just pass out at the bar right when you're making headway with a girl, then you'll spend the next two hours getting him back to the hotel room

See? That's where you went wrong. You should've invited Scimi and have him drop $10K at the tittie bar to help you get over it in one fun-filled, action-packed night
You can come to any of my parties, divorce or not.
marble rye
AG
I think the guys that get it the worst are military 18 somethings that need a wife to "have something to live and fight for" and then get home to find some ******* living in his house, kids calling him dad, and sloot wife sporting a new pair of fun bags she spent all his duty pay on.

(True story- saw it happen. Wanted to kill the wife but she was GHETT-TOW.
aeon-ag
I am back in the game as a player, damned if I ever want to be tied to one again. It was 32 years of living hell, I stayed until the kids go out of high school then hit the road. It didn't take but a month to get back in the saddle again. Now this is not to say I wouldn't like to have an ol' roady or two come by 2-3 times a week, as long as they didn't start trying to build a nest, that's when the boot hits them in the butt, then off to look for another roady.
G.I.Bro
quote:
I think the guys that get it the worst are military 18 somethings that need a wife to "have something to live and fight for" and then get home to find some ******* living in his house, kids calling him dad, and sloot wife sporting a new pair of fun bags she spent all his duty pay on.

(True story- saw it happen. Wanted to kill the wife but she was GHETT-TOW.
Kid I went to boot camp with me got a call whilst there that his wife was pregnant and it might not be his.
G.I.Bro
quote:
I am back in the game as a player, damned if I ever want to be tied to one again. It was 32 years of living hell, I stayed until the kids go out of high school then hit the road. It didn't take but a month to get back in the saddle again. Now this is not to say I wouldn't like to have an ol' roady or two come by 2-3 times a week, as long as they didn't start trying to build a nest, that's when the boot hits them in the butt, then off to look for another roady.
Ok old man. Laugh/cry
marble rye
AG
****ing soulless women. Let's start a cheating hoar military wives website to publicly shame them.
oldschool87
AG
I have been married for 24 years.

If I got divorced I would probably need to register with the authorities first.

I would say less than an hour...
Pirate04
AG
quote:
****ing soulless women. Let's start a cheating hoar military wives website to publicly shame them.

Word.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.