Bad bull - cadet needs your help

8,428 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by agcrock2005
rosie84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This was posted on the Federation of Aggie Moms Clubs page. If you can help locate this cadet's belongings, please contact Mrs. Cooper through the Nacogdoches County Aggie Moms club.

From Jamie Cooper
I am a proud member of the Nacogdoches County Aggie Moms and the Aggie Mom of Benjamin H Graham, Class 2016.
Anyway, the reason I am seeking the help of the entire Aggie Mom Association membership is because the unthinkable has happened. Benjamin had his truck packed ready to return home to Nacogdoches when he discovered that his truck had been broken into in Lot 40 located behind the Quad. The event happened sometime between May 13-15th while he was participating in ROTC activities. The items stolen were his Senior Corp Boots (of which he got to wear for only two days - Final Review and Boot Dance), stirrups, Corp Brass, military ribbons, a huge army backpack which contained Army gear, clothing, etc...
We are looking for anyone that may have seen anything during that time. Unfortunately there are no cameras in Lot 40 to help identify the person or persons involved. We truly believe in the Aggie Tradition of Honesty and we are praying that the boots will be found ASAP. Holicks says that we have only 3 weeks to make up our minds if another pair of boots is to be made in time for Fall Semester. Benjamin says that he will not allow me to purchase another pair of boots (which is an impossibility anyway/we had to have garage sales to raise the money for the original set). He will just wear low-quarters. My heart is broken for him. Benjamin H. Graham '16 is printed inside the boots. If anyone sees them or has seen them - please help us to recover this Aggie symbol of achievement of which Benjamin has worked so hard for.
Thank you so much for your help and Gig'em.
Jamie Cooper
Cooper Manning
Email address for Mrs. Cooper?
CharlieBrown17
AG
You can rent boots through one of the corps associations.
bagger05
AG
Bad bull indeed. Really hope the boots show up if nothing else...
CharlieBrown17
AG
Also the military board may be more helpful.
bagger05
AG
quote:
You can rent boots through one of the corps associations.
Yeah I was thinking that some old Ag from his outfit might be willing to loan him a pair for the year. Wasn't aware of the rentals but that sounds like a good option as well.
rosie84
AG
quote:
Email address for Mrs. Cooper?

I don't have her email address (I will try to get it), but I do have her phone numbers. I just didn't think it would be a good idea to post them here.
ClickClack
AG
How are there no cameras in lot 40? A&M amazes me sometimes...

Also, I'd chip in a little for this Ag to get some new boots and I'm sure others would too.
bagger05
AG
quote:
How are there no cameras in lot 40? A&M amazes me sometimes...

Also, I'd chip in a little for this Ag to get some new boots and I'm sure others would too.
You are probably right but please don't start a GoFundMe.
bagger05
AG
rosie, if you get her email address please email me and I will post it on Aggies Only (that board is well-behaved and it won't get spammed) along with this story.

texags dot bagger05 at gmail dot com
rosie84
AG
quote:
An account is being set up at Holick's to get his boots replaced. I should be able to post more info in the next few days.

It's true he could rent some boots from the Sanders Corps Center, but this cadet and his family scrimped and saved to buy new, and I would really like to see him be able to wear his own boots, whether his original ones are found, or replacements made.
bagger05
AG
quote:
quote:
An account is being set up at Holick's to get his boots replaced. I should be able to post more info in the next few days.

It's true he could rent some boots from the Sanders Corps Center, but this cadet and his family scrimped and saved to buy new, and I would really like to see him be able to wear his own boots.
Seems like a good idea. Let me know if you get Ms. Cooper's contact info and I can post the details on AO.
CharlieBrown17
AG
That was in response to him saying he would wear low quarters.

Trust me, I understand wanting your boots to keep.
Knife_Party
Imo truly unfortunate circumstances like this are exactly what gofundme's are for.
nuRowdy
Not trying to be a jerk, but why did he leave anything "valuable" in his car?
rosie84
AG
quote:
Imo truly unfortunate circumstances like this are exactly what gofundme's are for.
GoFundMe takes too much money out of the donations. That's why an account is being set up at Holick's. I will post more info as I receive it (another mom is the one setting up the account).
Ryan the Temp
AG
Not trying to be a jerk, but did he have insurance to cover the cost of replacing the stolen items?
Dr. Faustus
AG
quote:
Not trying to be a jerk, but did he have insurance to cover the cost of replacing the stolen items?

This. Car insurance should cover replacement cost of stolen goods I believe.
Tanya 93
quote:
quote:

If they had to have garage sales to pay for the boots, chances are he has liability insurance.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
quote:

This, and for 2-3 days
nuRowdy
If it lasts that long
firethewagonup
do Federation of Aggie Moms Clubs have a bored?

wb, sight unseen
Dr. Faustus
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

If they had to have garage sales to pay for the boots, chances are he has liability insurance.

Fair point.
rosie84
AG
quote:
quote:
This, and for 2-3 days
They had to move out of the dorms by May 13, and he needed to stay another few days for Army ROTC stuff.
wbt5845
AG
Probably some dirty nasty hippy non-regs.
bmc13
AG
thieves
COOL LASER FALCON
C'mon, bmc. You've been around long enough to know that this is very clearly the victim's fault.
GoneGirl
AG
ok, so I've got a lot of Ags working with me, many of whom remember their own days in the Corps fondly.
Does anyone have the contact for the fund, or should I just email them the phone number for Holicks?
bmc13
AG
I know. just trying to be the devils advocate
CharlieBrown17
AG
quote:
ok, so I've got a lot of Ags working with me, many of whom remember their own days in the Corps fondly.
Does anyone have the contact for the fund, or should I just email them the phone number for Holicks?

OP said she would post it once it was set up.
GoneGirl
AG
Never mind. Just spoke with Holick's and they've got things set up. Their number is is 979.846.6721 or 800.730.TAGS. They said you can call them and they'll take the donation over the phone.

Poor kid. That sucks.
CharlieBrown17
AG
quote:
Never mind. Just spoke with Holick's and they've got things set up. Their number is is 979.846.6721 or 800.730.TAGS.

Poor kid. That sucks.

Or that
Ag03 CQE
AG
quote:
quote:

Nope. Even full coverage typically doesn't cover items in the car, only the car and anything considered part of the car. Contents would be covered by homeowner's insurance.
GinaLinetti
AG
quote:
Never mind. Just spoke with Holick's and they've got things set up. Their number is is 979.846.6721 or 800.730.TAGS. They said you can call them and they'll take the donation over the phone.

Poor kid. That sucks.

Calling now.

And for those asking why he's leave stuff in his car don't remember hauling stuff from the dorms for days. Gah. People are jerks
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:

Not trying to point out the obvious, but you posted that for the sole purpose of trying to be a jerk.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.