One of the Duggar kids is a chi-mo

35,712 Views | 298 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beer Baron
superunknown
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You are defending a child molester.

Are you aware of that?

He admitted it.

So. You're defending a child molester. Just in case you have forgotten.

On one side of this issue is people who think child molesting is wrong.

You are on the other side.

Did I miss anything?
Charpie
AG
quote:
Judge not lest ye be judged.
Go ahead. I'm not being a hypocrite..going on TV and making money claiming that I'm a good christian when my kid molested some other of my children. There are lots of things I'm guilty of. Molesting kids or protecting those are accused of doing so isn't one of them.
Tanya 93
I love you!
Beer Baron
AG
quote:
You are defending a child molester.

Are you aware of that?

He admitted it.

So. You're defending a child molester. Just in case you have forgotten.

On one side of this issue is people who think child molesting is wrong.

You are on the other side.

Did I miss anything?
Are you one of them queers? Cause this sounds like something that gay mafia would say.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
quote:
quote:
Judge not lest ye be judged.
Go ahead. I'm not being a hypocrite..going on TV and making money claiming that I'm a good christian when my kid molested some other of my children. There are lots of things I'm guilty of. Molesting kids or protecting those are accused of doing so isn't one of them.

It means be judged by God.
MrMeek
quote:
quote:
quote:
Yeah. Just the Mom, Dad and oldest son. You know..the LEADERS of the FAMILY
Don't forget all those church elders who helped mom and dad decide that manual labor and getting the little girls to forgive their molester was the right way to handle things.
I don't know if it was the right way to handle things or not. I wasn't there. I don't know any history that may have contributed one way or another.

I suppose it depends upon what your goal is: Punishment, or rehabilitation.

The truth is, we never really know if things were handled correctly until we see the results of what was done.

What results do we have here:
The perpetrator appears to have remorse and to have not done the same thing again
The victims appear to have been able to get over the issue and move on in a positive way with no long-term repercussions.

Yes, these are only appearances and there may be things that are hidden, but the bottom line is that we are in no place to judge.

I am not in any way defending what he did and I am just reserving judgment on how it was handled.

God whispers in your ear and tells you all kinds of things that are wrong but in this case you're just not sure...

Gay marriage is an abomination but hiding your pedophile child from the law, not getting him counseling and leaving your daughters at perpetual risk is just too grey to call
Ryan34
AG
I don't even know who the Duggars are, but I think some of you may be jumping to conclusions a bit. The only reason to release this now is to damage their reputation and image, so if that is the intent, then it makes sense that all of the stuff out there would be slanted to accomplish that goal. There's no question that what he did was wrong, but if all parties appear rehabilitated now, then maybe they handled it in a way that was appropriate for them.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
if all parties appear rehabilitated now, then maybe they handled it in a way that was appropriate for them.
Isn't that what a bunch of folks in the Catholic Church said?
Tanya 93
Yes, forcing girls to live with the brother that molested them while simultaneously preaching chastity could have no effect on these girls. They weren't even teens when he groped them.
Ryan34
AG
quote:
quote:
if all parties appear rehabilitated now, then maybe they handled it in a way that was appropriate for them.
Isn't that what a bunch of folks in the Catholic Church said?

Maybe, but I think a family keeping its personal matters private is a little different than that.

Who the hell are the Duggars anyways and why do they have a show?
Ryan34
AG
From what I've read in this thread, the son was sent out of the house for a period of time. Is that not correct?
Tanya 93
quote:
From what I've read in this thread, the son was sent out of the house for a period of time. Is that not correct?
And came back. But yeah, it is no big deal these children had to keep living with their molester.
Yay Jesus!
Beer Baron
AG
For a few months. Then he came back for 4 more years before getting married and making some new little girls of his own.
Post removed:
by user
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
He was sent to help some guy renovate a house and the family lied about it, saying he was sent to counseling.
Tanya 93
quote:
When was it ever said that Christians are perfect or don't commit sins? I think the Duggars are talking in there statements about this. Christians commit sins like everyone else.
Good people don't protect their molesting son over their molested daughters.
Ryan34
AG
quote:
For a few months. Then he came back for 4 more years before getting married and making some new little girls of his own.

Did he really molest more when he came back (genuinely asking)?
Post removed:
by user
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
Well hypothetically, if your 14-year old molested your 8-year old and you responded the way these parents did, I would judge your whole family for that. Hypothetically.
Just curious: what would you have done if you were the father and this happened? Turned him in to the police or tried to handle this as a family? I know, I know....ya'll will throw out the "they're hypocritical Jesus freaks" and blah blah blah. What I'd like to know is: at the time that this happened (I'm guessing before they had a tv show and were famous?) what would you have done in their situation?

Just to be clear: I have no dog in this fight. I have no clue about the Duggars, who they are and why I should give a f*** about them. And I also don't want to get dragged into some anti-religious or political argument. I hate those things. I am seriously curious about how the people condemning them on this thread would have realistically handled this really bad situation.

As a father myself, this would be a nightmare that I feel would be up to me, as the head of the family, to take care of.
Tanya 93
quote:
quote:
quote:
When was it ever said that Christians are perfect or don't commit sins? I think the Duggars are talking in there statements about this. Christians commit sins like everyone else.

Were you in the home and know exactly how everything was handled?
I am going off their statements.

Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
quote:

No one knows the answer to that except the family, and if they have tried to keep this quiet for this long, there's no telling what else they've tried to cover up.
Charpie
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Were you in the home and know exactly how everything was handled?
Ha. OK. So now unless you were there, you can't say or do anything to anyone.
Duncan Idaho
Raptir, dad, etc ......

Lots of liberal up in here.

Damn it wrong icon
Charpie
AG
quote:
quote:
Well hypothetically, if your 14-year old molested your 8-year old and you responded the way these parents did, I would judge your whole family for that. Hypothetically.
Just curious: what would you have done if you were the father and this happened? Turned him in to the police or tried to handle this as a family? I know, I know....ya'll will throw out the "they're hypocritical Jesus freaks" and blah blah blah. What I'd like to know is: at the time that this happened (I'm guessing before they had a tv show and were famous?) what would you have done in their situation?

Just to be clear: I have no dog in this fight. I have no clue about the Duggars, who they are and why I should give a f*** about them. And I also don't want to get dragged into some anti-religious or political argument. I hate those things. I am seriously curious about how the people condemning them on this thread would have realistically handled this really bad situation.

As a father myself, this would be a nightmare that I feel would be up to me, as the head of the family, to take care of.
I'll answer you from a mother's perspective. If my kid molested another kid, I would have NO issue with making my kid accountable. I wouldn't hide her. I'd make her pay for her mistake. I would have to deal with the shame that she caused me and my family. Why? Because she was wrong. What she did was wrong and she has to learn the consequences of her actions.

Why is that so hard?
MrMeek
I haven't seen this many contortionist since cirque de soleil.

Hiding a pedophile and not getting him counseling is totally okay because....Jesus, big family
rhoswen
AG
Is this guy honestly saying "the only reason this was released is because the gay mafia want to destroy Christians?"

HOLY CRAP.
Beer Baron
AG
quote:
Report it, get him a lawyer, get him counseling, and keep him the hell away from the kids he's already admitted to molesting, as well as others he might molest in the future. But then again, I'm crazy like that.
Charpie
AG
quote:
Is this guy honestly saying "the only reason this was released is because the gay mafia want to destroy Christians?"

HOLY CRAP.
He's acting like how conservatives accuse liberals of all the time.
Tanya 93
quote:

HOLY CRAP.
Yep. Forget that little girls were molested. This is about gay social media hating on the Duggars.
Beer Baron
AG
quote:

HOLY CRAP.
I'm not familiar with that poster, but I'm really hoping he's a Poe's law parody and not serious.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
I would have NO issue with making my kid accountable. I wouldn't hide her. I'd make her pay for her mistake. I would have to deal with the shame that she caused me and my family. Why? Because she was wrong. What she did was wrong and she has to learn the consequences of her actions.

Why is that so hard?
You mean public shaming? Announcing it to all your friends and neighbors?

I think there should have been counseling (and if the Duggars didn't do that, then they were wrong). But I would have kept it as a private family matter. No, I wouldn't make the matter public.
Beer Baron
AG
quote:
quote:

Who knows? What we do know is that many molesters keep right on molesting even after they've been exposed tot he public, criminally punished, and received counseling. But I'm sure someone who received none of those consequences for his actions totally just stopped on his own.
Charpie
AG
quote:
quote:
I would have NO issue with making my kid accountable. I wouldn't hide her. I'd make her pay for her mistake. I would have to deal with the shame that she caused me and my family. Why? Because she was wrong. What she did was wrong and she has to learn the consequences of her actions.

Why is that so hard?

I think there should have been counseling (and if the Duggars didn't do that, then they were wrong). But I would have kept it as a private family matter. No, I wouldn't make the matter public.
You are right. It wouldn't be a public matter because I don't have a reality show where I profess how Christian I am, publicly come out and condemn how others live, etc. The Duggars do.
Duncan Idaho
Molest a kid and you get a summer job and learn a trade.

something tells me that you wouldn't be OK about this same kind of progressive reform being applied to our juvenile correction system.
combat wombat™
AG
quote:
quote:

Why is that so hard?

Well, Charpie's an all-knowing, wise, non-hypocritical mom. She'd have handled it perfectly so that when it became public knowledge 14 years later NO ONE could possibly have criticized how she handled a very difficult situation. No even those who didn't like her to begin with because they saw her as "holier than thou" or because they disliked her lifestyle and/or religious views.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.