One of the Duggar kids is a chi-mo

35,565 Views | 298 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beer Baron
FightnFarmerUSMC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Well hypothetically, if your 14-year old molested your 8-year old and you responded the way these parents did, I would judge your whole family for that. Hypothetically.
Just curious: what would you have done if you were the father and this happened? Turned him in to the police or tried to handle this as a family? I know, I know....ya'll will throw out the "they're hypocritical Jesus freaks" and blah blah blah. What I'd like to know is: at the time that this happened (I'm guessing before they had a tv show and were famous?) what would you have done in their situation?

Just to be clear: I have no dog in this fight. I have no clue about the Duggars, who they are and why I should give a f*** about them. And I also don't want to get dragged into some anti-religious or political argument. I hate those things. I am seriously curious about how the people condemning them on this thread would have realistically handled this really bad situation.

As a father myself, this would be a nightmare that I feel would be up to me, as the head of the family, to take care of.

As a father of a son who has a little sister I can say, unequivocally, I would move him as far away from my little girl as possible. If I caught him in the act, I would most likely beat his ass. I would have our family lawyer turn him into the local PD and pay whatever fee to ensure he gets the best legal defense and help that he can. I would throw gobs of money at REAL psychiatrists (NOT CHURCH ELDERS) to help them both. I would also have sessions with my wife both children, separately. I would never stop loving my son, but he would need to be helped for his issues. And he would need to be punished for the crime he committed against his sister. He would not be allowed in the same house as her until, if ever, she was okay with it.

I would never ever ever ever ever put my daughter in a position to be alone with him again. You know, like having him move back in the house and be in charge of the family while me and the wife take a vacation to San Fransisco. This actually happened on one of their episodes. The parents took a weekend vacation and left Josh and a few of the other older kids in charge. They left their self-admitted chi-mo son alone AND DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR some of his previous victims.
AggieGunslinger
AG
Two of the girls are now married, how many functions would you want to attend with the guy that molested your wife. I think it would be 1 and only one since the police would be involved after that point.
combat wombat™
AG
quote:
publicly come out and condemn how others live,

They have expressed their beliefs, which are Biblically-based. Have they ever actually come out and condemned anyone? I think you are twisting them saying "I think homosexuality is wrong" into publicly condemning others.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
As a father of a son who has a little sister I can say, unequivocally, I would move him as far away from my little girl as possible. If I caught him in the act, I would most likely beat his ass. I would have our family lawyer turn him into the local PD and pay whatever fee to ensure he gets the best legal defense and help that he can. I would throw gobs of money at REAL psychiatrists (NOT CHURCH ELDERS) to help them both. I would also have sessions with my wife both children, separately. I would never stop loving my son, but he would need to be helped for his issues. And he would need to be punished for the crime he committed against his sister. He would not be allowed in the same house as her until, if ever, she was okay with it.

I would never ever ever ever ever put my daughter in a position to be alone with him again. You know, like having him move back in the house and be in charge of the family while me and the wife take a vacation to San Fransisco. This actually happened on one of their episodes. The parents took a weekend vacation and left Josh and a few of the other older kids in charge. They left their self-admitted chi-mo son alone AND DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR some of his previous victims.
This. Exactly this.
combat wombat™
AG
quote:
You know, like having him move back in the house and be in charge of the family while me and the wife take a vacation to San Fransisco. This
actually happened on one of their episodes. The parents took a weekend
vacation and left Josh and a few of the other older kids in charge. They
left their self-admitted chi-mo son alone AND DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR
some of his previous victims.

Wow.
Tanya 93
Oh my! The irony of a Michelle Duggar robo call!

quote:
Hello, this is Michelle Duggar. I'm calling to inform you of some shocking news that would affect the safety of Northwest Arkansas women
and children. The Fayetteville City Council is voting on an ordinance
this Tuesday night that would allow men yes, I said men to use
women's and girls' restrooms, locker rooms, showers, sleeping areas and
other areas that are designated for females only. I don't believe the
citizens of Fayetteville would want males with past child predator
convictions that claim they are female to have a legal right to enter
private areas that are reserved for women and girls. I doubt that
Fayetteville parents would stand for a law that would endanger their
daughters or allow them to be traumatized by a man joining them in their
private space.
We should never place the preference of an adult over
the safety and innocence of a child. Parents, who do you want undressing
next to your daughter at the public swimming pool's private changing
area?
MrMeek
quote:
Molest a kid and you get a summer job and learn a trade.

something tells me that you wouldn't be OK about this same kind of progressive reform being applied to our juvenile correction system.

Blue star *1,000,000
Charpie
AG
You seem to be missing the point.

I could give a rats ass how they live their lives. I'm SO not perfect. I'm a sinner. I make lots of mistakes in life. When it comes to my kid...I'd kill for her. And I'd hold her accountable for her actions, just as my father did to me.

The thing is...THEY HAVE A TV SHOW. I'm just as much of a Christian as they are. Except, I see what they did as WRONG.
Tanya 93
I really liked their show.
Now I am going to stop watching it.

Mama June, of Honey Boo Boo fame, is planning on suing TLC because they haven't cancelled 19 Kids and Counting yet,
Beer Baron
AG
quote:
Well, Charpie's an all-knowing, wise, non-hypocritical mom. She'd have handled it perfectly so that when it became public knowledge 14 years later NO ONE could possibly have criticized how she handled a very difficult situation. No even those who didn't like her to begin with because they saw her as "holier than thou" or because they disliked her lifestyle and/or religious views.
You don't have to be all-knowing, wise, or non-hypocritical to recognize that this was a piss-poor way of handling having an admitted child molester living in your home with a buffet of victims. Why do you people keep saying "it happened 14 years ago?" If it happened in 1850 it would still be terrible. And would this becoming public be more acceptable if one of their cousins or one of those wise church elders leaked it instead of The Gay Mafia?
combat wombat™
AG
quote:

I could give a rats ass how they live their lives. I'm SO not perfect. I'm a sinner. I make lots of mistakes in life. When it comes to my kid...I'd kill for her. And I'd hold her accountable for her actions, just as my father did to me.

The thing is...THEY HAVE A TV SHOW. I'm just as much of a Christian as they are. Except, I see what they did as WRONG.
OH. MY. GAWD. They have a TV show where they express their personal views and convictions.
Duncan Idaho

Tanya 93
quote:
quote:
Well, Charpie's an all-knowing, wise, non-hypocritical mom. She'd have handled it perfectly so that when it became public knowledge 14 years later NO ONE could possibly have criticized how she handled a very difficult situation. No even those who didn't like her to begin with because they saw her as "holier than thou" or because they disliked her lifestyle and/or religious views.
You don't have to be all-knowing, wise, or non-hypocritical to recognize that this was a piss-poor way of handling having an admitted child molester living in your home with a buffet of victims. Why do you people keep saying "it happened 14 years ago?" If it happened in 1850 it would still be terrible. And would this becoming public be more acceptable if one of their cousins or one of those wise church elders leaked it instead of The Gay Mafia?
Maybe it was Amy that leaked it to the press because Jim Bob didn't like a picture she posted of her kissing her boyfriend!
combat wombat™
AG
Charpie
AG
quote:
quote:

OH. MY. GAWD. They have a TV show where they express their personal views and convictions.
And they robo call for conservative issues...and they meet with Presidential contestants.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
quote:

something tells me that you wouldn't be OK about this same kind of progressive reform being applied to our juvenile correction system.

I don't know. Forcing juvenile delinquents to do something constructive and learn a trade actually sounds like a pretty good idea and may even lower recidivism rates.
DCC99
AG
So that's why it's called 19 Kids and Counting.
combat wombat™
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Maybe it was Amy that leaked it to the press because Jim Bob didn't like a picture she posted of her kissing her boyfriend!
Amt wouldn't have a copy of the police report, would she?

Incidentally, I imagine everyone he "fondled" was a family member. So there is a good chance one of the girls was Amy.
combat wombat™
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

And they robo call for conservative issues...and they meet with Presidential contestants.
Again, where have they condemned the way people live their lives? It seems to me that they have simply stated their views. And, honestly, in a not-so-offensive way. (Unless you happen to be homosexual and you don't want to hear that people think your lifestyle is wrong because "the Bible says so".)
combat wombat™
AG
quote:
quote:

I don't know. Forcing juvenile delinquents to do something constructive and learn a trade actually sounds like a pretty good idea and may even lower recidivism rates.
I'm going to say not so much for child molesters.
Beer Baron
AG
Well, I'm not condemning their Christian beliefs, I just think those beliefs are wrong and they shouldn't be able to do certain things I can do because of that choice of lifestyle. But I mean that very respectfully.
Ryan34
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
For a few months. Then he came back for 4 more years before getting married and making some new little girls of his own.

Did he really molest more when he came back (genuinely asking)?
No one knows the answer to that except the family, and if they have tried to keep this quiet for this long, there's no telling what else they've tried to cover up.

Alright I intend this to be my last post on the subject, but this is the mentality I think is stupid. Everything on this site is a damn conspiracy theory. Look at the dumbasses on the biker thread or people talking about the gay mafia on here. It's all stupid.

It's obvious that the son messed up. Reportedly he was sent out of the house for 4 months. That's a long time for a 14 year old and even longer for his younger sisters. Until proven otherwise, that and whatever other measures were taken after he returned home appear to have been effective for them. I don't see how kicking him out of the house for 4 months is "protecting" him in any way.

Keeping family matters private is not the same as a cover up. That isn't a conspiracy. It's just a family dealing with an awful situation in the way they knew how and were comfortable with. Should they have done some things differently? Most likely. The fact that it happened in the first place is evidence enough of that. But what ultimately matters is if their actions worked, and they appear to have.

Although I've never listened to them, I don't think it's hypocritical to be vocal about their beliefs, however misguided those may be, even though this happened in their house. They are not condoning their son's behavior. If they kicked him out of the house for 4 months, it sounds like they were pretty damn pissed and/or disgusted.

I also am private by nature and would prefer to deal with things myself rather than involve outside parties, so maybe I'm more sympathetic because of that. And no I'm not claiming that is the correct way to handle things. Just my personal preference, and maybe the Duggars felt the same way.
Charpie
AG
Go read Tanya's post from 9:34
combat wombat™
AG
quote:
Keeping family matters private is not the same as a cover up.
Infinity times this. You expect that it would have been the topic of one of the shows?
03_Aggie
OP - Curious how you came about this news?
Tanya 93
quote:
It's everywhere because of who the family is and the group Josh was a spokesman for.
combat wombat™
AG
Where is she condemning their lifestyle? IMO, she is misguided in her belief that a transgendered man would molest a little girl in a bathroom, which is what I think she is saying. However, a pedophile could easily use that law to gain access to little girls in bathrooms. Not necessarily to molest them, but to watch them and get off to it.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
It was ALL OVER the internet and mainstream media.

And here is some source material for what someone else posted about Mama June:

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/mama-june-tlc-should-cancel-19-kids-and-counting-or-i-might-sue-2015225
quote:
Mama June Shannon railed against TLC and the Duggar family on Thursday, May 21, after the network continued to air 19 Kids and Counting amidst allegations that Josh Duggar had molested five girls including, possibly, some of his sisters back in 2002.

Shannon, whose popular reality show was canceled last October in the wake of a report that she was dating a convicted child molester, told TMZ late Thursday night that she wanted to sue TLC for keeping 19 Kids and Counting on air. She was especially peeved after TLC promptly canceled her show after it was revealed that she was once again romantically entwined with her ex, Mark McDaniel, who repeatedly molested Shannon's oldest daughter Anna "Chickadee" Cardwell when she was 8 years old.
combat wombat™
AG
Well, she has a point. However, she was volunteering to give her boyfriend access to her daughter, to whom he was not related. The Duggars were trying to deal with a situation involving several of their kids. I'm not saying they handled it correctly, but that it was a difficult situation. To me, deciding whether you should date the man who molested your daughter - not a hard decision.
03_Aggie
So you stumbled across it?
Charpie
AG
Mine showed up on my facebook feed. My best friend, who is a stay to home mom of 3 kids posted it.
Tanya 93
quote:
So you stumbled across it?
It is all over social media, CNN, Fox News....

Fox
Charpie
AG
He's trying to make Ryan a member of the Gay Mafia
Beer Baron
AG
quote:
Keeping family matters private is not the same as a cover up.
Does this extend to all crimes? If my sister finds me burying a pile of body parts in my yard and doesn't turn me in, is that a private family matter? Does it matter if we're related to the former owners of those parts?
combat wombat™
AG
I feel bad for them. I would feel bad for any family in this situation. Some people seem positively giddy about this.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.