Two suspects killed, officer injured after shooting occurs outside Muhammad cartoon c

11,161 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Professor Frick
GiveEmHellBill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Shake the City. Destroy Texas.

Yeah, good luck with that. Most of us are armed and have no problem shooting back.
Teslag
AG
quote:
Who is the genius at the Garland ISD who decided it would be a good idea to paint a bullseye on the back of all their schoolchildren by allowing this event to take place on school property?

The founders of our country. A government agency can't discriminate against you because they don't like your message.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
quote:
quote:
This isn't a matter of religion, or freedom of speech.

Lone wolf attacks by 2 idiotic gunmen.

There is a fine line between freedom of speech, and hateful speech. Pamela Geller: The "American Freedom Defense Initiative" is one of the most hateful Anti-Muslim groups out there.

Live and Let Live. Fringe groups vs. Independent gun-toting terrorists. Carry on, this isn't Islam, nor Freedom of Speech.
Completely disagree. You have a right to say whatever hateful thing you want to say without getting shot. And this is totally about the religion. Maybe in 500 years Islam will evolve to the point where they look at their book and say "well, it doesn't really mean that. It was written for a different time, blah blah." But until it does that, Islam is objectively worse than the other major religions of our time.
When I run for president, I am strongly considering you as my running mate.
DannyDuberstein
AG
quote:
quote:
Who is the genius at the Garland ISD who decided it would be a good idea to paint a bullseye on the back of all their schoolchildren by allowing this event to take place on school property?

The founders of our country. A government agency can't discriminate against you because they don't like your message.
Exactly. And I'd point out that there was a large Muslim event there several months ago. There were some peaceful protesters, but no Christians came to kill any of the attendees or security.
Beer Baron
Charpie
AG
quote:
While you are finding us the Christian hate, make sure you also find some videos of Christians beheading people and lighting people on fire in the name of Jesus.
There were no iphones during the crusades. hth
histag10
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

There is a fine line between freedom of speech, and hateful speech. Pamela Geller: The "American Freedom Defense Initiative" is one of the most hateful Anti-Muslim groups out there.

Live and Let Live. Fringe groups vs. Independent gun-toting terrorists. Carry on, this isn't Islam, nor Freedom of Speech.
Completely disagree. You have a right to say whatever hateful thing you want to say without getting shot. And this is totally about the religion. Maybe in 500 years Islam will evolve to the point where they look at their book and say "well, it doesn't really mean that. It was written for a different time, blah blah." But until it does that, Islam is objectively worse than the other major religions of our time.
When I run for president, I am strongly considering you as my running mate.

I'd vote for yall.
Beer Baron
AG
Thanks, but you do know we're not actually running, right?
bigblackag12
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
We can always count on some jackass telling us this kind of thing isn't islam right after some muslim has killed (or try to kill) in the name of islam. When can we start admitting that it is islam?

I could probably find similar statements made by Christian extremists on the topic of planned parenthood and abortion clinics, not to mention those Christians that would prefer gays be murdered than allowed to live freely.
Thanks for volunteering to find those statements

Not statements but im sure you have heard of the KKK, or Eric Rudolph, or ethnic cleansings, or the Christian Identity and Patriot movements, the Iron Guard, the NLFT, and many other fringe extrememist groups that claim Christian Faith as motivation
bigblackag12
AG
My point is there a a billion Muslims that arent running around chopping heads and shooting cartoon contests. Yes i understand that their faith is more archaic and prone to radicals taking things too far, but religiously motivated crimes are not exclusive to Islam
Geralt of Rivia
S
Oh, cool...it has been a few weeks since this was debated and was wondering when it would start up again
bigblackag12
AG
quote:
quote:
I could probably find similar statements made by Christian extremists on the topic of planned parenthood and abortion clinics, not to mention those Christians that would prefer gays be murdered than allowed to live freely.

When Muslims do it, they are following the quran...When a "Christian" does something like this,(please post an example) they are NOT following the teachings of Christ. Also, the ratio (Muslim/christian), is about 1000/1.

Not disagreeing with your last sentence just wondering if you have the actual numbers of Muslim vs Christian motivated killings
bigblackag12
AG
quote:
quote:
While you are finding us the Christian hate, make sure you also find some videos of Christians beheading people and lighting people on fire in the name of Jesus.

Also, videos of the thousands of Christians dancing in the street after these events.

Im sure the Klan wanted to behead all the "***s" and "******s" in the name of the first member of the klan which according to them was Jesus. Also there are Christian groups in Africa and Europe and India doing some nice amounts of killing.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
So your point here is that since some unidentified Christian groups may be violent that the shooting yesterday was justified?
Mr. White
What are they called?
bigblackag12
AG
quote:
So your point here is that since some unidentified Christian groups may be violent that the shooting yesterday was justified?

My point is that it is not exclusively islam that kills in the name of their God and Faith. And there are plenty identified Christian groups killing people.
bigblackag12
AG
quote:
What are they called?

i have named a few. Others are most likely government backed groups enforcing outdated laws. The lords resistance army is one group in Africa
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
What I want to know is why, exactly, that point is relevant to this discussion.
bigblackag12
AG
quote:
What I want to know is why, exactly, that point is relevant to this discussion.

I was asked to bring forth statements and instances of "Christian hate" by corgis and danny dubberstein. after danny posted a tweet and asked when we will admit its Islam and not isolated incidents i said i could probably find similar statements made by christian groups.

And you are right, that discussion really has no place here, i just feel bad for those that are muslim that are not invlolved with things like this, just like i feel bad that people look down on Christians for those few who kill in the name of Christianity
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Got it.

So in your view, would the fact that some example of Christians killing because another person's speech did not align with their religious views excuse the action of Muslims killing because another person's speech did not align with their religious views, as they attempted to yesterday?
bmc13
AG
I go to lunch near there all the time
Claude!
quote:
quote:

Even the Mennonites?
bigblackag12
AG
quote:
Got it.

So in your view, would the fact that some example of Christians killing because another person's speech did not align with their religious views excuse the action of Muslims killing because another person's speech did not align with their religious views, as they attempted to yesterday?

My point is not to excuse the actions of these guys by bringing up these instances, my point is that these threads always develop into an all muslims are terrorists argument and judging many for the few is something that irks me. I also edited my previous post after you replied to me that touched on some of that.
Max06
AG
quote:
Garland Ags..check in here
Yup that's a whopping two miles from where I grew up, or less than a mile as a crow flies.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Understood. Between you and me, I think there is a fundamental disagreement about motivations for this type of incident and we won't reconcile them here or convince each other otherwise. I don't subscribe to the "all Muslims are terrorists" theories. What I do subscribe to is the idea that religious motivation for this sort of incident is different between different religious groups.
bigblackag12
AG
quote:
Understood. Between you and me, I think there is a fundamental disagreement about motivations for this type of incident and we won't reconcile them here or convince each other otherwise. I don't subscribe to the "all Muslims are terrorists" theories. What I do subscribe to is the idea that religious motivation for this sort of incident is different between different religious groups.

I agree with you. i also think that many in this country veiw all christianity as the American brand and so it makes it easy to veiw the backwards ideologies of Islam in developing countries as alien to their experiences with Christianity, when in fact there are plenty of instances where someone could have attained similar veiws towards christianity based on the backwards ideologies of certain groups.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Sounds like we are roughly on the same page. Probably some minor discrepancies in or views re motivation, background, understanding, local environment, but nothing really major.

But for the sake of "this is TexAgs," we can have a 10-page quote war where we pile up nested quotes and call each other stupid over relatively narrow discrepancies in our beliefs if you're wanting that. In all candor, I'm just too lazy to engage, but I'll do my best.
I Like Mike
AG
The would-be terrorists in Garland fell for one of the classic blunders: Never assume that you've outgunned an art show in Texas.
bigblackag12
AG
I appreciate you
swc93
AG
1. Hold contest for best cartoon of Mohammed.
2. Fill the place up with armed soldiers.
3. Wait for Islamic extremist unable to comprehend "It's A Trap!"
4. ?????
5. Profit
PrincessButtercup
AG
quote:
quote:

When Muslims do it, they are following the quran...When a "Christian" does something like this,(please post an example) they are NOT following the teachings of Christ. Also, the ratio (Muslim/christian), is about 1000/1.

Ding ding ding. What extremist groups do is 100% against what the Bible teaches. And the law was fulfilled by Jesus, so what was "an eye for an eye" in the Old Testament became "turn the other cheek" in the New (and what we are supposed to follow).
chipotle
quote:
1. Hold contest for best cartoon of Mohammed.
2. Fill the place up with armed soldiers.
3. Wait for Islamic extremist unable to comprehend "It's A Trap!"
4. ?????
5. Profit

That's what I thought what happened originally.

Amazing Moves
Religion
HBCanine08
AG
Religion in general is the problem. I don't care what the religion is. It may be better if people minded their own damn business and just practiced their respective religion, but they don't. People LOVE to be all up in other people's business and trying to "convert" others. Every major religion has killed or discriminated against some other group throughout history.
anaggieshusband
Many non - terrorist Muslims believe in Honor killings and sharia law.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.