Anyone have a great salsa recipe?

4,894 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Hwy30East
GoAgs92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone, Anyone...I need an authentic salsa recipe...preferably with roasted tomatoes.

Thanks.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Google jack white's recipe. Or maybe that was guacamole. I forget.
chipotle
Jar of On The Border salsa
Gunner90'
Try this: https://qbsblog.wordpress.com/2010/11/28/los-nortenos-bryan-tx-warm-salsa-wchips/
EFE
AG
Boil: 5 jalapenos, 3 Serranos, 2 cloves garlic, 1 large onion, and 4 Roma tomatoes
Drain and toss that in a food processor with a palm full of salt and juice from 1 lemon or lime.
Charpie
AG
quote:
Boil: 5 jalapenos, 3 Serranos, 2 cloves garlic, 1 large onion, and 4 Roma tomatoes
Drain and toss that in a food processor with a palm full of salt and juice from 1 lemon or lime.

And watch your cornhole. Damn that would be hot
EFE
AG
Pinche coconut, that's my mild version. The hot subs habaneros for the Serranos.
FIDO*98*
AG
Brush all this with oil. Grill all of the following: 5 medium tomatoes halved and cut side down with the ends removed, 1 large onion ends and outer skin removed sliced in thirds, and 4 jalapeos. Cook everything until well charred. Tomatoes usually come off first or they will get mushy and fall through the grates.

Peel tomatoes, peel and seed jalapeos, and then put all of that in a blender with 3 cloves garlic simmered in salt water until tender. Pulse everything up and add in some fresh cilantro, juice of 1 lime, and salt to taste. Use a little garlic water to thin out as necessary.

Come back here and report how awesome I am
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
Tomatoes
Onions
Jalapenos
Ghost peppers
LSD
HossAg
AG
quote:
Pinche coconut, that's my mild version. The hot subs habaneros for the Serranos.

**** yes. The hotter the better.
GoAgs92
AG
dba Fido...so take all the black charred skin off of everything?
FIDO*98*
AG
Enough of the char will stay on naturally to give the right flavor. I've got some in the fridge I'll post a picture when I get home
Geralt of Rivia
S
quote:

That sounds good. How long do you boil?
nai06
AG
3 tomatoes
2 jalapenos
Clove of garlic
Salt
Fresh lime

-put your comal on the stove on medium to high heat.
-Char the jalapenos and tomatoes on all sides
-roast the garlic but don't char
-toss your garlic and jalapenos(quartered) into your molcajete with a pinch of coarse salt and grind into a paste
-grab the tomatoes and add them to the molcajete and slowly grind until desired consistency is reached.
-season to taste with salt and lime and serve with a wooden spoon
DCC99
AG
quote:
quote:

That sounds good. How long do you boil?
Like a minute. But he skipped the part where right after boiling, drop the tomatoes in ice water for a few seconds. You'll be able to peel the skin right off.
FIDO*98*
AG
This one had about 6 jalapeos and only 3 tomatoes as it was made more as a condiment than a dipping salsa, but, should give you a good idea what the final product would look like

UndergroundAg
quote:
This one had about 6 jalapeos and only 3 tomatoes as it was made more as a condiment than a dipping salsa, but, should give you a good idea what the final product would look like

Looks very meh...
chipotle
quote:

Is that a toe nail?
fta09
AG
quote:
quote:

And watch your cornhole. Damn that would be hot
I thought you were brown. I sub serranos for japs in mine and add habaneros. I'm white, but I'm also a ginger, so maybe the heat does not affect me because I have no soul.
BlitzBrother
Arribba fire roasted salsa - Great as is - To make better , chop some fresh cilantro , add some Franks red hot , fresh lime juice - I also add some pickled jalapeo ( tamed ) .
Reginald Cousins
S
quote:
quote:

Is that a toe nail?

IN
HossAg
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Is that a toe nail?

IN
It is. Gross.
Justified
Holy HELL! Just made eaglefordearl's version but I coated everything with olive oil then roasted vegetables over mesquite then peeled and seeded. Then in the blender.

COLON BLOW 2000! But very good!
GigEmBevo
quote:

need to try this
EFE
AG
quote:
Holy HELL! Just made eaglefordearl's version but I coated everything with olive oil then roasted vegetables over mesquite then peeled and seeded. Then in the blender.

Did you make a non poosyfied version for your husband?
MicheIangeIo
AG
Go to taco cabana. Order salsa. Transfer it to a different bowl. Boom.
HossAg
AG
quote:
quote:

Did you make a non poosyfied version for your husband?
B-1 83
AG
Any damn fool can make something hot. A real cook makes a salsa with kick and taste.
GinaLinetti
AG
Roasted jalepenos and garlic
Pure in blender w lime juice and olive oil
Onions fresh tomatoes and cilantro pulsed in a food processor til the right consistency
Can of fire roasted tomatoes (whole) pulsed in as well.
Add jalepeno/garlic paste til spice level is achieved.

Use jalepeno paste on chicken or pork chops as a marinade and grill those *****es. Thanks me later
leanderag82
AG
Easiest Homehade Salsa Ever-- Combine these in food processor or blender-- 28 oz can Hunts whole tomatoes; 1 small white onion; 2 jal peppers; 5 serrano peppers, fresh cilantro; garlic salt (more than you think); teaspoon black pepper. Will keep 1-2 weeks in frig.

Mom Class of '03,'05 and '09
S
look up Pioneer Woman's salsa and it is fresh and fabulous!
TheMasterplan
Eaglefordearl, do you take off the skins of the tomoatoes prior to throwing in the blender?

Take off the stems for sure.
nai06
AG
im telling you, a molcajete is the way to go. its a little more effort but really worth it
Bobby Ewing
AG
quote:

Boil?????

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.