No Sleep til Brooklyn

4,427 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Tagguy
bigblackag12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
BBA, while you're here, what are your thoughts on Slick Rick? I recently (re)discovered him on Pandora. Dude is so creative, and I love his style. Certainly stands out amongst his peers from that era.

Slick rick is a legend that doesn't get the credit he deserves
Diamond Geezer
bba, once again you prove yourself wise beyond your years.
DCC99
AG
Something I've found funny about LL: In "Mama said Knock You Out," he says:

"I exploooode, and my 9 is easy to loooooad" like he's some kind of gangsta. I doubt James has ever held a handgun, let alone loaded one. For the authorities on the subject, what kind of cred does LL have?

I already posted my thoughts on how Ice Cube is full of BS when he raps about how he "f#$%@& around and got a triple double." Dude's 5'10", 250 lbs. No way he's getting a triple double in a 48 minute game.
Diamond Geezer
quote:

"I exploooode, and my 9 is easy to loooooad" like he's some kind of gangsta. I doubt James has ever held a handgun, let alone loaded one. For the authorities on the subject, what kind of cred does LL have?

I already posted my thoughts on how Ice Cube is full of BS when he raps about how he "f#$%@& around and got a triple double." Dude's 5'10", 250 lbs. No way he's getting a triple double in a 48 minute game.
Ronnie Gardocki
Ice Cube was pretty talented but after the Predator album the game had passed him by. Besides the boyz in the hood movie I can't think of another good movie he was in. All the guys in NWA were supposed to be the lead roles in boyz in the hood but Cube was the only one who took director John Singleton seriously when he talked to them. Eazy E was supposed to be the dude in the wheel chair (can't remember his name) and I can't think of Characters Yella and MC Wren were supposed to play. I think this was after Dre left NWA so he wouldn't have been included.
Claude!
quote:

Neither of those is the oddest rap lyric. I think that prize has to go with Tupac. In his great song "Hail Mary", he states "Mama told me to never stop until I bust a nut." What the hell kind of mother gives her son that advice? What the hell kind of son wants to hear that advice from his mother?
bigblackag12
AG
quote:

LL was always a rapper for the ladies. Hence L(adies)L(ove) Cool J. Though he was a good rapper.

Today was a good day by Ice Cube describes a surreal day in the life of a gangster from compton. So when he says he ****ed around and got a tripple double, he's alluding to the fact that it was a good ****ing day. It had to be a good day for him to be that good at basketball. And he wasnt 250 back then either.
Tagguy
AG
quote:
quote:

LL was always a rapper for the ladies. Hence L(adies)L(ove) Cool J. Though he was a good rapper.

Today was a good day by Ice Cube describes a surreal day in the life of a gangster from compton. So when he says he ****ed around and got a tripple double, he's alluding to the fact that it was a good ****ing day. It had to be a good day for him to be that good at basketball. And he wasnt 250 back then either.

I love how BBA offers a translation for honkeys.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.