*****Official Dallas Stars 2023-2024 Season Thread*****

423,250 Views | 7714 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by Emotional Support Cobra
TV Casualty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tksymm7 said:

I vote to keep Petrovic in the lineup.

Great call from Deboer to put him in. I don't know that the Stars would've won a 2 OT game with Nils out there.
Grapesoda2525
rather be fishing said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Not going to let it go, but we beat 2 teams tonight (3 if you want to include Toronto).

Stars and stars fans should be pissed. Missed 2 minute delay of game on makar and waved off goal in first OT where makar pushed our guy into the avs goalie. League got to review it and they double down on the BS.

Someone deserves to be fired or at least taken out back and beaten the **** out. I wish the Stars wouldn't just let this kind of treatment go because they like the game result.

There's only so much you can do. It's going to be a comment in the presser and turn into a fine. It's really up to the League to actually own it and they won't.
Still got ****ed hard and dry by the refs and league with no lube or courtesy spit.
rather be fishing
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

rather be fishing said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Not going to let it go, but we beat 2 teams tonight (3 if you want to include Toronto).

Stars and stars fans should be pissed. Missed 2 minute delay of game on makar and waved off goal in first OT where makar pushed our guy into the avs goalie. League got to review it and they double down on the BS.

Someone deserves to be fired or at least taken out back and beaten the **** out. I wish the Stars wouldn't just let this kind of treatment go because they like the game result.

There's only so much you can do. It's going to be a comment in the presser and turn into a fine. It's really up to the League to actually own it and they won't.
Still got ****ed hard and dry by the refs and league with no lube or courtesy spit.

Agreed. It's just lucky for them the series ended as it should have.
rather be fishing
AG
TV Casualty said:

Tksymm7 said:

I vote to keep Petrovic in the lineup.

Great call from Deboer to put him in. I don't know that the Stars would've won a 2 OT game with Nils out there.

Nils is not good enough to be playing in the NHL. He's got potential but not there. Very solid managerial decision.
FWAppraiser
AG
micahb2002
All I do is Nguyen
Woke up to some glorious news this morning!! Hell of a game by the guys and from what I saw Otter was ON POINT!
DeangeloVickers
AG
Nm
Tksymm7
AG
He's got the offensive and skating chops to be a fine d man, but he's only 5'10" (major problem on the backend imo) and he's still SO poor with his defensive positioning. I think Dallas should cut bait and just move on. Go let the kid play for a bad NHL team or go over to Sweden to play.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Gotdamn so happy we won. Karma came into play. Having that goal waived off meant we had to win later.

Crazy how once the third period started, it was like a light switch flipped on. They were out skating us and dominating for 2 straight periods then boom.

PDB just bided his time. OT was a pure onslaught by us. This team is deadly.

I'm not sure how good the Rangers or Panthers really are but man this Stars team is dangerous.

Hopefully Roope comes back. We need a few days rest for sure.

Tanev - maybe the best acquisition any team made at the deadline. Probably.
All I do is Nguyen
Honestly if Otter keeps playing the way he did last night there is no one stopping us from winning it all but ourselves
CoppellAg2009
AG
ChoppinDs40 said:

Gotdamn so happy we won. Karma came into play. Having that goal waived off meant we had to win later.

Crazy how once the third period started, it was like a light switch flipped on. They were out skating us and dominating for 2 straight periods then boom.

PDB just bided his time. OT was a pure onslaught by us. This team is deadly.

I'm not sure how good the Rangers or Panthers really are but man this Stars team is dangerous.

Hopefully Roope comes back. We need a few days rest for sure.

Tanev - maybe the best acquisition any team made at the deadline. Probably.

Duchene said it well in his interview: the Avs played their top guys so much that by the time OT came around, you could tell they were exhausted. Definitely helped being the deeper team at that point.
GrapevineAg
AG
Didn't see any Avs gear this morning at the Denver airport - lots of Stars gear on the plane coming up though.
micahb2002
AG
Anyone know Hakanpa's injury and status?
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
FWAppraiser said:

Quite the collection we have going

The Nate MacKinnon action figure with bendy legs for sitting will be on sale soon!
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
My warm fuzzy from lat night was on the way to the locker room the little girl who was sitting behind the (Avs?) bench with her family (Dallas fans), Otter passed her his stick. She was engaged the whole game, then fell asleep in 2OT. I know it is common but what a memento to have this night from Otter.
Roll the Bones
AG
Yeah, it seemed like MacKinnon's line was on the ice every other shift for a lot of the game and I'm sure that wore them out. I'm happy they were on the ice for the series ender and it was sweet justice that Dutchy got the goal in 2OT after the bogus interference call against him in the 1OT. You just knew he was going to be a major factor in a victory at some point on this journey. I really hope the Stars are able to resign him and Tanev after the season.
GarlandAg2012
AG
He traveled to CO and was skating. But he's been skating for a while and has yet to participate in a team skate. Definitely hoping he can get some time in the WCF but who knows where his conditioning/game readiness is. Sort of scary to be coming back straight into such a high leverage situation.
micahb2002
AG
Yeah it sounds like he will be 7th defenseman material if anything. He is a little slow of a skater for the playoffs IMO, but such great size and physicality.
Grapesoda2525
I'm sure we're all Edmonton fans tonight.

The league office seems to have an east coast bias or a bias against the stars.

Game 1 against the avalanche started about 1 day and a half after game 7 against the golden knights ended.

MEANWHILE………

Florida panthers schedule

End game 6 of 2nd round on may 17

Start conference finals on may 22

If Vancouver wins, the league will probably shrug their shoulders and throw us in the time slot for western semi's 2 game 7 on Monday. Which would be complete bull*****
Grapesoda2525
The announcers on either tnt or espn said " everyone" wanted Tanev at the trade deadline. Is this true? Did the stars have to pay thru the nose to get him?
Danny Vermin
Lots of teams wanted him but Nill, the genius, struck early and honestly didn't give up that much in my opinion.
Silvertaps
AG
Probably a silly question…better to call or go to the Stars box office rather than through online Ticketmaster in order to avoid their fees? Or is the box Office also under the Ticketmaster umbrella?
Tksymm7
AG
micahb2002 said:

Yeah it sounds like he will be 7th defenseman material if anything. He is a little slow of a skater for the playoffs IMO, but such great size and physicality.
I would keep Hakanpaa as the 7th d-man if he's healthy. Petrovic was just a better overall version of Hak last night imo, and Petrovic brings similar size and a right handed shot. Plus Petrovic has been playing in the AHL so he's more in rhythm. I have nightmares of them putting Hak into the lineup and him in a 1v1 with McDavid after not having played for almost two months.

ETA: if they wanted an offensive guy to throw back there, they have Gavin Bayreuther as well.
micahb2002
AG
Silvertaps said:

Probably a silly question…better to call or go to the Stars box office rather than through online Ticketmaster in order to avoid their fees? Or is the box Office also under the Ticketmaster umbrella?

They are all Ticketmaster except those of us that have season and partial season. If you find a deal you can handle jump on it. I have to buy ticketmaster except for one game.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
But do we want the Canucks or Oilers?? Timeslot aside.
Tksymm7
AG
I've been thinking about this and I'm still not sure. Edmonton is very much in the same vein as Colorado, except replace MacKinnon with the best player in hockey and Makar with another top 10 forward. Edmonton probably has better goal keeping as well. On the other hand Vancouver is probably more Vegas in that they are a bit deeper and slightly not as physical and slightly more skilled. The game changer with Vancouver is Demko, who we SUCK against and is likely to be healthy for the next round.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
I am genuinely less concerned about the Canucks, but I have not been studying this match up to see which team would be more vulnerable to our strengths.
sburg2007
I don't think it matters and neither should any of you. At this point, it's all about the stars and how they play their game.
TV Casualty
AG
micahb2002 said:

Silvertaps said:

They are all Ticketmaster except those of us that have season and partial season. If you find a deal you can handle jump on it. I have to buy ticketmaster except for one game.

I noticed that the Stars didn't load up Game 7 for the WCF in our account manager to purchase tickets. I guess they are withholding those.
micahb2002
AG
Emotional Support Cobra said:

But do we want the Canucks or Oilers?? Timeslot aside.

I think the Oilers are a better matchup since we have Tanev. Vancouver looks like a deeper team with a better goalie, which would stress our third defensive pair more.
WyoAgg10
AG
For what it's worth, Vancouver seems to have our number. Either way, we're gonna have to earn it. Still can't get over last night!
stick95
AG
WyoAgg10 said:

For what it's worth, Vancouver seems to have our number. Either way, we're gonna have to earn it. Still can't get over last night!

So did Colorado. But half of those wins came before Otter decided to start being Otter. I agree that we will have to earn it. Whoever the opponent is, I think Stars win in 7.
Try and make something idiot proof, and all they do is make a better idiot.
FWAppraiser
AG
Josh's call from last night. Notice Marchment taking the opportunity to kick MacKinnon's stick for good measure.
Roll the Bones
AG
The more times you see it, the more impressive the play by Pavelski was to not just try to shovel the puck towards the net, but kick it over to Dutch.
First Page Last Page
Page 176 of 221

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.