Ivermectin....Senate hearing today.

16,304 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by garyt73
3rd Generation Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My daughter's primary is refusing to give her anything. Said there is nothing proven to help. She could really benefit at least from an inhaler and breathing treatments in my non medical opinion. Her cough is so bad she throws up trying to get things out.

If a non proven treatment is not a harmful treatment, then I wish her primary would give it. It is hard not being able to go to her house and see for myself how she is doing.
bigtruckguy3500
3rd Generation Ag said:

My daughter's primary is refusing to give her anything. Said there is nothing proven to help. She could really benefit at least from an inhaler and breathing treatments in my non medical opinion. Her cough is so bad she throws up trying to get things out.

If a non proven treatment is not a harmful treatment, then I wish her primary would give it. It is hard not being able to go to her house and see for myself how she is doing.

Inhaler, cough meds, steroids, are supportive care and should not be controversial to give.
barney94
AG
3rd Gen - why don't you call Doc Reveille and get an online appt? He's prescribing that stuff.
Reveille
AG
bigtruckguy3500 said:

3rd Generation Ag said:

Inhaler, cough meds, steroids, are supportive care and should not be controversial to give.

I completely agree!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
3rd Generation Ag
AG
I know but she is an adult and I can only do so much. Did make sure she had an O2 meter and have her checking it three times a day. Parenting grown children is sometimes difficult.
Duncan Idaho
3rd Generation Ag said:

I know but she is an adult and I can only do so much. Did make sure she had an O2 meter and have her checking it three times a day. Parenting grown children is sometimes difficult.

As I am learning from this experience is "Parenting" adult parents is even harder

Hope your daughter has a speedy and full recovery.
culdeus
AG
culdeus said:

Talked to a ER doc about this stuff to see if it makes sense to get or not. Paraphrasing:

The only real in vitro studies don't translate to humans great, the in vitro stuff scaled up means you need to be taking a does somewhere 100x bigger than we would give an animal, or a HIV patient.

It seems to have the most value when treating side effects of dex, which may be the real benefit here. You can dose the **** out of some dex with this on board. That's how it's being evaluated. I didn't follow exactly the side effect, but more or less that the steroids promote what would be "parasite like" issues.

It's also really hard to get, and there have been periods where it's completely unavailable.

Curious if this seems valid to a md
bigtruckguy3500
culdeus said:

culdeus said:

Talked to a ER doc about this stuff to see if it makes sense to get or not. Paraphrasing:

The only real in vitro studies don't translate to humans great, the in vitro stuff scaled up means you need to be taking a does somewhere 100x bigger than we would give an animal, or a HIV patient.

It seems to have the most value when treating side effects of dex, which may be the real benefit here. You can dose the **** out of some dex with this on board. That's how it's being evaluated. I didn't follow exactly the side effect, but more or less that the steroids promote what would be "parasite like" issues.

It's also really hard to get, and there have been periods where it's completely unavailable.

I think there are couple typos in there, that make me unsure exactly what's being said but:

In Vitro is hard to translate into in vivo for a number of reasons. If you think about it, a flame from a match could easily kill cancer cells in vitro, but how do you translate that to inside the human body? Same thing with lemon juice, or vitamin C, or anything else you see in the headlines.

When you take a drug by mouth, it's hard to target it to a specific area of the body. So what that ER doc was saying is true. 1 mg of drug dropped into a petri dish on a target tissue may require 1000mg taken by mouth in order to achieve a 1mg concentration at the target tissue, and it'll hit all tissues in the body in the mean time. What may be therapeutic at 1mg at the lungs may be toxic at 0.5mg at the heart.

I do not know much about ivermectin and how it can overcome the side effects of dexamethasone. However dexamethasone can increase the risk of a flare up of a parasitic infection, and ivermectin could help prevent that. That would be rare in the US, I would imagine, but might be useful in other countries - which is what he may be referring to -> a lot of South American countries are using ivermectin because they have a very high prevalence of parasitic infections.

Not sure dexamethasone causes "parasite-like" issues that could then be treated with ivermectin, unless it's an actual parasitic flare up that you're treating.

But this is not an area where I have much knowledge.
bkag9824
AG
FWIW - my PCP in the Katy area immediately prescribed ivermectin and HCQ when I chatted with him today. Said it's criminal that the U.S. hasn't been using it like other places around the world.

Much like Dr. Coates, this doctor has been prescribing ivermectin far more frequently over recent past. Said none of his patients, including high risk, who have taken ivermectin have gone on to hospital and their symptoms typically subside within 24-48 hours.

One more anecdotal story...
culdeus
AG
bigtruckguy3500 said:

culdeus said:

culdeus said:

I think there are couple typos in there, that make me unsure exactly what's being said but:

In Vitro is hard to translate into in vivo for a number of reasons. If you think about it, a flame from a match could easily kill cancer cells in vitro, but how do you translate that to inside the human body? Same thing with lemon juice, or vitamin C, or anything else you see in the headlines.

When you take a drug by mouth, it's hard to target it to a specific area of the body. So what that ER doc was saying is true. 1 mg of drug dropped into a petri dish on a target tissue may require 1000mg taken by mouth in order to achieve a 1mg concentration at the target tissue, and it'll hit all tissues in the body in the mean time. What may be therapeutic at 1mg at the lungs may be toxic at 0.5mg at the heart.

I do not know much about ivermectin and how it can overcome the side effects of dexamethasone. However dexamethasone can increase the risk of a flare up of a parasitic infection, and ivermectin could help prevent that. That would be rare in the US, I would imagine, but might be useful in other countries - which is what he may be referring to -> a lot of South American countries are using ivermectin because they have a very high prevalence of parasitic infections.

Not sure dexamethasone causes "parasite-like" issues that could then be treated with ivermectin, unless it's an actual parasitic flare up that you're treating.

But this is not an area where I have much knowledge.
Ok, that helps with the context. I think it was possible he was speaking about the studies he's looking at. It still seems like this is perhaps HCQ2.0 Looking at the actual studies, things seem really thin on evidence.
Infection_Ag11
AG
bkag9824 said:

FWIW - my PCP in the Katy area immediately prescribed ivermectin and HCQ when I chatted with him today. Said it's criminal that the U.S. hasn't been using it like other places around the world.

Much like Dr. Coates, this doctor has been prescribing ivermectin far more frequently over recent past. Said none of his patients, including high risk, who have taken ivermectin have gone on to hospital and their symptoms typically subside within 24-48 hours.

One more anecdotal story...
Private practice outpatient primary care skews towards health and affluence relative to all patients seeking medical care in a given age group. This is especially true for COVID as most PCPs seeing that high a volume of COVID patients are doing a ton of telehealth visits (a population which skews even moreso). You could potentially treat HUNDREDS of patients and, if a large enough percentage are low risk, not have any hospitalized simply on the basis of random chance given the hospitalization rates.

All that to say, such a statement may not be as profound as it seems at face value.

Also, by definition a medical decision cannot be "criminal" if it is in concordance with or does not deviate from established standards of care. No physician could currently be held liable for not prescribing either drug. In fact a physician prescribing HCQ for COVID19 in the US whose patient had an adverse event related to that would potentially be liable as current guidelines actually advise against its use based on the current body of evidence.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bkag9824
AG
You do realize I acknowledged it's but one more anecdotal example, correct?
EyeBalz
AG
robdobyns said:

There are 4 RCTS and 3 observational studies showing statistically significant efficacy for Ivermectin in Covid.
Ivermectin is also in the outpatient treatment algorithm used at Baylor in Dallas. It's also at Memorial Hosiptal in Houston.
Are all these doctors quacks too? I think not.
What is the risk/benefit ratio of using ivermectin in Covid ?
That's the question to ask.

I came down with the Covid the weekend of Thanksgiving. Tested positive on Sunday. Started iMASK+ protocol on Monday. Overall, I would say I had a mild to moderate case. Cough, low grade fever, headache, loss of smell, and malaise were my symptoms.

The illness is very sneaky. At first I just had a cough and felt fine, then the loss of smell, headache, and malaise hit. Just when I thought I was over it and ready to return to work, I spiked a fever one night and was down for 3 more days.

I did, however, start my wife on the Ivermectin protocol before she had any symptoms at all. Her case was much milder and shorter with only loss of smell, headache, and malaise. Of course there is no way to prove it, but my impression is that starting the Ivermectin as early as we did with her was beneficial.

Bottom line for me is that Ivermectin is a benign drug that has shown enough promise that we thought it was reasonable to give it a try.

Once you get very sick, it's too late to start a protocol like iMASK+. The idea is to start treatment early, and that is what we did.
Vince Palasota
Ivermectin is a very common drug. Most ever dig takes it monthly for heart worm prevention and parasite protection. Additionally it is used to prevent river blindness in many countries.
12MKOT1988
cz308
Maybe I've missed it, but how are these people taking ivermectin? Pouring it on somewhere or orally? I'm a bit confused on that.

I've heard of people using this in the past, but I wrote it off as some wives tale.
cowenlaw
AG
cz308 said:

Maybe I've missed it, but how are these people taking ivermectin? Pouring it on somewhere or orally? I'm a bit confused on that.

I've heard of people using this in the past, but I wrote it off as some wives tale.
I'm taking it orally. Prescribed by my doctor after my positive test.
cz308
cowenlaw said:

cz308 said:

I'm taking it orally. Prescribed by my doctor after my positive test.
In a pill form or actual liquid form?
cowenlaw
AG
Pill
Reveille
AG
Had first patient on Ivermectin go to hospital and subsequently today placed on a ventilator. Patient is a 81 y/o morbidly obese Hispanic male with uncontrolled diabetes, CHF, history of heart stent, HTN, CKD state 3 and high cholesterol. He was diagnosed with Covid on 12/5 called me and started on 12/7. Most recent vitamin D level was 31. Started on supplements, Ivermectin, baby aspirin, vitamin D and famotidine on 12/7.

Daughter says he was never really short of breath with o2 saturation around 95% but had severe diarrhea. He also lost his appetite and was not eating or drinking much at all so she took him to hospital on 12/19 and was found to be in renal failure. Was admitted to hospital and daughter called this morning saying they are going to put him on a ventilator for a few days while they start dialysis.

setsmachine
AG
His daughter? So 18yo is a typo? Hope things turn around for him.
JFABNRGR
AG
COVID Care for Clinicians - Eastern Virginia Medical School (EVMS), Norfolk, Hampton Roads

I have known about Ivermectin benefits about 1 month prior to anyone in the USA talking about it. The same happened with HCQ through international research. It never made any sense to me why the media and or nobody in the USA was hardly ever talking about treatments or preventions (sans the stupid mask). This document clearly just stays clear of the HCQ so that they can focus on other treatments. It is also my opinion that this go around the media, gov, even the health care industry is just ignoring Ivermectin unlike they did by doxing the HCQ.

To those considering using it do your own research and make sure you check the drug interactions. The commonly found paste comes in a quantity to treat a 1250LB horse. The dosage rate is the same per body weight and the plunger is segmented into 50LB body weight segments and stamped every 250LB. It ends up being what I would describe as less than a teaspoon for a 200LB guy.

On a side note there is a very good chance this is what Rudy Giuliani and Jenna Ellis was given a couple weeks ago.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
Reveille
AG
Yes it was a typo 81 not 18.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Reveille said:

Had first patient on Ivermectin go to hospital and subsequently today placed on a ventilator. Patient is a 81 y/o morbidly obese Hispanic male with uncontrolled diabetes, CHF, history of heart stent, HTN, CKD state 3 and high cholesterol. He was diagnosed with Covid on 12/5 called me and started on 12/7. Most recent vitamin D level was 31. Started on supplements, Ivermectin, baby aspirin, vitamin D and famotidine on 12/7.

Daughter says he was never really short of breath with o2 saturation around 95% but had severe diarrhea. He also lost his appetite and was not eating or drinking much at all so she took him to hospital on 12/19 and was found to be in renal failure. Was admitted to hospital and daughter called this morning saying they are going to put him on a ventilator for a few days while they start dialysis.

Yeesh, he's not going to do well. Obese, elderly COVID patients requiring both mechanical ventilation and dialysis for acute renal failure have a mortality well above 90%.
the4aces
AG
What is the recommended dosage with this?

A) Exposed to someone that has Covid

B) Confirmed Positive?

Thank you!
fightingfarmer09

Line everyone up in a hallway and get them one by one as they go out the door.

cevans_40
AG
Reveille said:

Thanks
cc_ag92
AG
Dr. Coates webpage
Reveille
AG
cevans_40 said:

Reveille said:

How can I contact you? My email is clintevans40 @ g mail. My wife and I are both experiencing symptoms and would like to start treatments.

I sent you an email
cevans_40
keechi4343
AG
1% injectable for cattle
1 ml per 110 lbs
1 time/ week

Drink it with O J

Or

Also have had 2 different friends with positive test prescribed ivermectin tablets by doctor.

jpb1999
AG
So can you take both HCQ and Ivermectin if positive or Just pick one?
jpb1999
AG
So how does HCQ and Ivermectin play with all of the other supplements you are recommended?

My mom 80 just tested positive. She has been on HCQ at a low dosage as a preventative (takes once per week). She was going to call the DR that prescribed it to her to see what she needs to up the dosage to now that she is positive.

I also gave her all of the info about your supplements to take and now on most of them.

Should she also get on Ivermectin?

Should she take both Querciten AND HCQ as it sounds like they do similar things...?

Thanks for all your help!!
Reveille
AG
jpb1999 said:

So how does HCQ and Ivermectin play with all of the other supplements you are recommended?

My mom 80 just tested positive. She has been on HCQ at a low dosage as a preventative (takes once per week). She was going to call the DR that prescribed it to her to see what she needs to up the dosage to now that she is positive.

I also gave her all of the info about your supplements to take and now on most of them.

Should she also get on Ivermectin?

Should she take both Querciten AND HCQ as it sounds like they do similar things...?

Thanks for all your help!!

They can potentially be used together. I think the data is more convincing with ivermectin for what it is worth.
Post removed:
by user
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.