Covid-19 Update Aggie Physician

1,244,300 Views | 3660 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by tamc91
Pepper Brooks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
His answers to my other questions indicate he understands what/why I'm asking. My inquiry goes beyond the question in your post.
Reveille
AG
NTXAg10 said:

Is there any way to know how much is absorbed vs broken down? I'm trying to make sure it's worth the purchase.

If you are worried they make a sublingual version. Unfortunately it is usually more expensive. I would just look around as plenty of places outside of amazon still have NAC available.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Reveille
AG
AG 2000' said:

Just want to say thanks to Doc Reveille. Took care of my mom yesterday, long day for him (after 5).

Thank you been seeing patients till after 6pm all week as lots of Covid.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Reveille
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Have Covid with very mild symptoms. Local doc said take mucinex. I do have asthma and was wondering about budesonide. Is that something I should be taking as well? I did get prescriptions from teledoc for Ivermectin and HCQ. I'm also taking all the supplements.

I do take an inhaled steroid for my asthma. Just wondering if I need anything else.

If you have an inhaled steroid it is essentially the same thing.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Reveille said:

Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Have Covid with very mild symptoms. Local doc said take mucinex. I do have asthma and was wondering about budesonide. Is that something I should be taking as well? I did get prescriptions from teledoc for Ivermectin and HCQ. I'm also taking all the supplements.

I do take an inhaled steroid for my asthma. Just wondering if I need anything else.

If you have an inhaled steroid it is essentially the same thing.
Thanks Doc. I assumed that to be the case but wanted to make sure.

Thanks for all you do to help everyone on this board.

Gig'em!
AgLA06
AG
Hey Doc,

Remind me about kids taking the supplements please. Inlaws tested positive today and both girls (3 & 7) spent a couple days with them. Wife and I have been taking the supplements, but only regular vitamins for the kids.
Reveille
AG
AgLA06 said:

Hey Doc,

Remind me about kids taking the supplements please. Inlaws tested positive today and both girls (3 & 7) spent a couple days with them. Wife and I have been taking the supplements, but only regular vitamins for the kids.

Regular vitamins are adequate for kids.
AgLA06
AG
That's what I thought you said. Thanks!
SW AG80
AG
If a person is exhibiting symptoms of COVID, what are the doses of Ivermectin that are recommended?
I know I have seen them in this thread, but that is now over 100 pages and I cannot find them.

My wife has been sick since last night. Might be allergies but want to be prepared just in case.
Reveille
AG
Most recent update!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3204013029881632&id=1998386763777604&sfnsn=mo
Pepper Brooks
AG
My mother is 63 and just tested positive for both flu and COVID. Cancer survivor with no other known comorbidities other than age. Low BMI and generally very healthy.

She's 5 days out from the event where she was likely exposed and her only symptom is a throat ache and a dry cough. She had a zpack in her medicine cabinet that she started taking as soon as she started coughing and the doc is giving her Tamaflu.

What are the odds that she actually has both flu and COVID with this timeline and do you have any suggestions on how to proceed?
Granitestate
Doc:

My middle child got the booster 6 days ago. For 5 days now she has had symptoms of myocarditis. Went to ER today in providence RI with 145 bpm sustained, faint, tightness in chest, difficult breathing. Blood test came back normal (no swelling). After 6 hours there the nurse came in and said she is still tachycardic. The nurse mentioned they have seen a high number of females under 30 with same symptoms: all had booster, experiencing tachycardic symptoms, all blood work came back normal.

My youngest got Pfizer booster in Boston and had similar symptoms on 2nd day. Today is day 6 and they called to explain they too were having heart related challenges though not as bad as my middle child. They gave us the name of the nearest hospital in case they have to go tonight.

Symptoms are high resting heart rate, faint, nausea, tightness in chest, difficult to breath. Youngest is 22 yo female, good overall health, recent echo was perfect, Middle is 24yo female recovering from lymes but otherwise in good health. My eldest just got their booster today in CT, so we shall see.

I will update when I get more info.
Reveille
AG
NTXAg10 said:

My mother is 63 and just tested positive for both flu and COVID. Cancer survivor with no other known comorbidities other than age. Low BMI and generally very healthy.

She's 5 days out from the event where she was likely exposed and her only symptom is a throat ache and a dry cough. She had a zpack in her medicine cabinet that she started taking as soon as she started coughing and the doc is giving her Tamaflu.

What are the odds that she actually has both flu and COVID with this timeline and do you have any suggestions on how to proceed?

It's certainly possible but this is not common. I would take supplements, consider monoclonal antibodies and fluvoxamine.
Reveille
AG
Granitestate said:

Doc:

My middle child got the booster 6 days ago. For 5 days now she has had symptoms of myocarditis. Went to ER today in providence RI with 145 bpm sustained, faint, tightness in chest, difficult breathing. Blood test came back normal (no swelling). After 6 hours there the nurse came in and said she is still tachycardic. The nurse mentioned they have seen a high number of females under 30 with same symptoms: all had booster, experiencing tachycardic symptoms, all blood work came back normal.

My youngest got Pfizer booster in Boston and had similar symptoms on 2nd day. Today is day 6 and they called to explain they too were having heart related challenges though not as bad as my middle child. They gave us the name of the nearest hospital in case they have to go tonight.

Symptoms are high resting heart rate, faint, nausea, tightness in chest, difficult to breath. Youngest is 22 yo female, good overall health, recent echo was perfect, Middle is 24yo female recovering from lymes but otherwise in good health. My eldest just got their booster today in CT, so we shall see.

I will update when I get more info.

Hate to hear that. Hope it turns out ok..
Pepper Brooks
AG
Thank you. Would you advise against taking both AZM and Tamaflu?
Granitestate
Doc:

To be clear the intent was to pass information. This is first time I am hearing of female patients under 30 with tachycardic symptoms after boost without swelling so I thought you should know.

Keep up the good fight. You are a personal hero to more people than you realize and that is a good thing.
Reveille
AG
NTXAg10 said:

Thank you. Would you advise against taking both AZM and Tamaflu?
Yes with her risk factors.
Pepper Brooks
AG
Thank you.
JClark97
AG
Doctor,
I had the 2 doses of Pfizer 7 months ago. I'm 46 and overweight (not obese). Do you recommend I get the booster and if yes, would you do Pfizer or Moderna booster…
Reveille
AG
JClark97 said:

Doctor,
I had the 2 doses of Pfizer 7 months ago. I'm 46 and overweight (not obese). Do you recommend I get the booster and if yes, would you do Pfizer or Moderna booster…
The moderna booster shows the best efficacy against the Omicron variant. So if you get a booster it would be the one I recommend.
ctag76
AG
What supplements do you recommend? 68 year old class of '76 asking … in good health and weight. I've had three Moderna shots and pretty sure I had Covid a month ago. (Sinuses and throat bothered me, no temp.)
"But there's a spirit can ne'er be told ... It's the spirit of Aggieland."
Reveille
AG
ctag76 said:

What supplements do you recommend? 68 year old class of '76 asking … in good health and weight. I've had three Moderna shots and pretty sure I had Covid a month ago. (Sinuses and throat bothered me, no temp.)

Quercetin, Zinc, Melatonin, Baby Aspirin, High Dose Vit D, and NAC. I would also look in Plaxovid, Molnupiravir or at least Fluvoxamine as all have been shown to decrease hospitalizations and death. Monoclonal antibodies if you can find some but that is not easy right now.

Jack Pearson
AG
Doc,

44 year old male, very active with working out but could stand to lose 20lbs. Had covid in aug, slight cough , ran fever but otherwise didnt feel bad. Was over it in 3-5 days. I joined the antibody study and have been getting mine tested. First time was right after I got it and second was 3 months later. My levels went up from 1st to 2nd.

I was planning on getting the 3rd done next month but now my employer is putting on the full court press to get fully vaxxed by next month.

If you were to recommend one of the 3 shots, which one would you recommend now that we have months of data?

I am not scared of the shot but with the natural antibodies I was not planning on getting the shot but its basically to the point of get it or stop getting paychecks it looks like with the amount of hoops they want the unvaxxed to jump through weekly.
AgLA06
AG
Wouldn't being a part of a formal antibody test be one of the few good reasons for getting out of the required vaccine? Have you talked to your employer and explained why?
Reveille
AG
Jack Pearson said:

Doc,

44 year old male, very active with working out but could stand to lose 20lbs. Had covid in aug, slight cough , ran fever but otherwise didnt feel bad. Was over it in 3-5 days. I joined the antibody study and have been getting mine tested. First time was right after I got it and second was 3 months later. My levels went up from 1st to 2nd.

I was planning on getting the 3rd done next month but now my employer is putting on the full court press to get fully vaxxed by next month.

If you were to recommend one of the 3 shots, which one would you recommend now that we have months of data?

I am not scared of the shot but with the natural antibodies I was not planning on getting the shot but its basically to the point of get it or stop getting paychecks it looks like with the amount of hoops they want the unvaxxed to jump through weekly.
If they require you to get the booster despite having high antibody titers I would get the moderna booster.
Jack Pearson
AG
nm
Jack Pearson
AG
AgLA06 said:

Wouldn't being a part of a formal antibody test be one of the few good reasons for getting out of the required vaccine? Have you talked to your employer and explained why?
I agree and no I have not. They have made it pretty clear they dont care about natural antibodies, its either vaxxed or not vaxxed.

I wish that were an option.
Granitestate
Update on tachycardic symptoms.

Middle child is no longer experiencing the fast heart rate and has returned to normal activities.
The youngest, who had symptoms for 48 hours but then subsided, had symptoms recur at 2:00 am today. They explain it as a fast heart rate, feeling like the heart is beating through their chest. Awoke this morning and had same symptoms. Heading to urgent care for testing.
The eldest has shown no symptoms.

The eldest got the Pfizer two shot, and the Pfizer booster.
The other two got the J&J one shot, and then the Pfizer booster.

VAERS may be useful for vaccine, but there are no reporting requirements for boosters.
Reveille
AG
Granitestate said:

Update on tachycardic symptoms.

Middle child is no longer experiencing the fast heart rate and has returned to normal activities.
The youngest, who had symptoms for 48 hours but then subsided, had symptoms recur at 2:00 am today. They explain it as a fast heart rate, feeling like the heart is beating through their chest. Awoke this morning and had same symptoms. Heading to urgent care for testing.
The eldest has shown no symptoms.

The eldest got the Pfizer two shot, and the Pfizer booster.
The other two got the J&J one shot, and then the Pfizer booster.

VAERS may be useful for vaccine, but there are no reporting requirements for boosters.
I would recommend to see a pediatric cardiologist. They can run some tests to insure heart is ok and no underlying conditions exist.
Jack Pearson
AG
Doc,

Sorry left out the part I am not vaxxed at all. I have natural antibodies only so any shot I would get would be my first of anything.

Would you suggest the one shot J&J?

Moderna ?

Pfizer?

The term they are using is fully vaxxed, which what does that even mean? Two shots, 3 shots?
JB!98
AG
I apologize in advance, but what page is the vitamin cocktail on. Wife and I both popped positive today. Low grade temp with sporadic coughing and body aches. Second go around for her. First for me that I know of.

Thanks.
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
JB!98
AG
JB!98 said:

I apologize in advance, but what page is the vitamin cocktail on. Wife and I both popped positive today. Low grade temp with sporadic coughing and body aches. Second go around for her. First for me that I know of.

Also should my wife and I isolate from each other even though we are both positive.

Thanks.
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
Reveille
AG
JB!98 said:

JB!98 said:

Also should my wife and I isolate from each other even though we are both positive.

Thanks.

Look at the bottom of each post on my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/1998386763777604/posts/3204013029881632/?sfnsn=mo
JB!98
AG
Thank you Doc. Should she and I still isolate from each other?
Reveille
AG
JB!98 said:

Thank you Doc. Should she and I still isolate from each other?

No probably won't matter since you are both already infected
First Page
Page 104 of 105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.