Pitching Rotation

1,531 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by phatty26
threeanout
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Three weeks left in the regular season and we are basically assured of hosting a regional. Barring a late season collapse, we should be a top eight seed even if we finish 4-5 in our last three conference series.

The question that remains for Schloss and his staff is, who do you want to be your game two starter in the regional? If history is any indication, Schloss will throw Prager against a Texas Southern in Game One. Lamkin was electric today.....Tanner gave up 9 earned runs in 1 1/3. Who starts a game two?
greg.w.h
AG
Why should Schloss publicly announce his strategy?
threeanout
AG
You don't publicly need to announce anything until you hand in your line up card to the umpire on the day of the game.
twk
AG
threeanout said:

Three weeks left in the regular season and we are basically assured of hosting a regional. Barring a late season collapse, we should be a top eight seed even if we finish 4-5 in our last three conference series.

The question that remains for Schloss and his staff is, who do you want to be your game two starter in the regional? If history is any indication, Schloss will throw Prager against a Texas Southern in Game One. Lamkin was electric today.....Tanner gave up 9 earned runs in 1 1/3. Who starts a game two?
Who starts game 1 of the regional probably depends on what the field looks like. If we get a weak 4 seed with no ace, it would be hard not to hold Prager for the second game. But, if you do that, who do you start in game 1? Right now, Lamkin looks like our #2 starter. Jones has had one real good outing, but I don't know that he's earned enough trust to start one of the first two games of a regional.
threeanout
AG
twk said:

threeanout said:

Who starts game 1 of the regional probably depends on what the field looks like. If we get a weak 4 seed with no ace, it would be hard not to hold Prager for the second game. But, if you do that, who do you start in game 1? Right now, Lamkin looks like our #2 starter. Jones has had one real good outing, but I don't know that he's earned enough trust to start one of the first two games of a regional.
Now that you mention it, I believe you are right. In '22 Scholss started Micah in Game one against Oral Roberts and saved Detmer.
Sean98
AG
If this were RC we'd all know the answer. But with Schloss none of us will know until he tells us.
themissinglink
AG
threeanout said:

Why do we think history indicates Prager would pitch a game 1 against a TSU type? Didn't he hold back the ace for the next game in 2022? I agree with others that it's dependent on the opponent.
AggieBB
AG
As potent as this lineup is, I would be shocked if Schloss went to Prager against a TSU type team. But then again, pulling Lamkin (who was dealing) last night and going to Cortez in a 2-0 ballgame was crazy especially as inconsistent as CC has been. I could see going to Asch, but pulling Lamkin at that point was the wrong move.

With all that said I am over the moon excited that Schloss is our coach. How he will handle the rotation in a regional is anybody's guess.
threeanout
AG
themissinglink said:

threeanout said:

Why do we think history indicates Prager would pitch a game 1 against a TSU type? Didn't he hold back the ace for the next game in 2022? I agree with others that it's dependent on the opponent.
Scroll up two posts.
tjack16
AG
I'd keep it the exact same as it was this past weekend. Every pitcher has a bad start every now and then. Prager and Lamkin have as well.

Game 1: Prager
Game 2: Jones
Game 3: Lamkin
Game 4 (if necessary): Cortez

That would be how I do it if the regionals were next weekend
AggieCrew44
AG
tjack16 said:

I'd keep it the exact same as it was this past weekend. Every pitcher has a bad start every now and then. Prager and Lamkin have as well.

Schloss is going to hold Prager till game 2. That's sort of the whole benefit of being a 1 seed
tjack16
AG
AggieCrew44 said:

tjack16 said:

Schloss is going to hold Prager till game 2. That's sort of the whole benefit of being a 1 seed

I'd be fine with that too. But I'm also not against using your ace game 1
phatty26
It depends on your draw. If it is someone who has one stud pitcher then you go with your ace. It's always better be in the winners bracket.
phatty26
It depends on your draw. If it is someone who has one stud pitcher then you go with your ace. It's always better be in the winners bracket.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.