*** 2024 Aggie Softball Season Thread ***

336,014 Views | 3842 Replies | Last: 15 min ago by Cole9335
PlanoGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MSTC Man said:

PlanoGuy said:

Avery Hodge (OU) to the portal. Would not surprise me at all if she ended up at A&M

I would take her. She had a really good WCWS.
Yes she did, played her best ball of the year when Torres went down
"F PlanoGuy!!" - Billy Liucci's TexAgs Premium Forum
dodger02
AG
Another one.

woodometer
AG
I may have missed this but do the seniors still leave their cleats at home plate after the last game of the season? There is usually a photo and just havent seen one this year. Maybe that isnt a thing anymore
Astroag
AG
Positivelyag512 said:

Only one has announced, and several haven't yet; it's personal when the player wants to put it on Twitter, IG, or Whatever platform they want to announce it on.

So does that make 4?
MSTC Man
AG
woodometer said:

I may have missed this but do the seniors still leave their cleats at home plate after the last game of the season? There is usually a photo and just havent seen one this year. Maybe that isnt a thing anymore

MSTC Man
AG
I have us at 3. Mac Barbara and 2 announced by Coach Ford on X
frankie00
What are the names besides Mac Barbara? I do not get tweets or anything like that. Was going to wait until the portal closes (last day is Jun 17) and press releases go out but am curious.

And, did Keely change her mind? I saw she put her name in the portal but then it went dark. Someone here said she deleted that tweet. Have not heard or seen anything since.

Coach Ford mentioned in a recent video here she was looking for arms to help Lefty, some power (Barbara) and some 'athletes'. With the ten incoming freshmen, many with stellar high school stats, and experienced transfers, it is looking good for next year. Gosh, two returning pitchers, four incoming as freshmen AND transfers? May be the most pitchers on the staff in a very long time, am looking forward to it.

Thanks!
AGGIEGMA9
hipnix
MSTC Man said:

woodometer said:

Didn't 8 move on? Hill, Vestal, Ackerman, Cottrill, Price, Lott, Cannon, Wiggins
Boozer92
AG
Ags finish ranked 10th in the final ESPN/USA Softball ranking. The 8 teams in the world series filling the top 8 and Tenn was 9
frankie00
A really good season. Only second year of new staff makes it even better. A large number of games decided by only one run. Including all three in the super regional.

I often use the following link to follow the ups and downs of various teams in the rankings during the season. Aggies did well. Hard to translate what it means for next year's preseason ranking.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_NCAA_Division_I_softball_rankings

Note to baseball fans - change softball to baseball to get their rankings.

A reminder of the incoming freshmen:

https://12thman.com/news/2023/11/10/softball-texas-am-assembles-no-12-ranked-recruiting-class

Some good power along with good contact hitters.

At least three of the pitchers have really good hitting stats. Do not remember which one but one of them had only 1 strikeout all season (at the plate). Wonder if Coach Ford will consider a pitcher also hitting (think Ava Brown)? Taylor Brown has great pitching and hitting stats as a P and 1B dual-threat.

Hmmm, season barely over and already thinking of Fall Ball and next Spring - can't help it!
GigMe03
AC hit the portal? I see she's on the D1 softball tracker.
GigMe03
GigMe03 said:

AC hit the portal? I see she's on the D1 softball tracker.

disregard, when I read earlier posts, I thought it was Gracyn.
Hand Of God
AG
fitzwatema
AG
Hand Of God said:

Gig'em! Welcome to Aggieland .
GigEmADED
Top 10 holy chit
PlanoGuy
Very nice pickup!
Farmer1906
AG

Freshman All Pac 12 Team
Bucketrunner
Coach Ford isn't messing around!
Rudolf
Avery is my niece, she's going to take some visits before deciding.
Room40
Rudolf said:

How do we make her only visit to A&M ? What's your venmo lol
Rudolf
Haha, she has a strong family push to go to A&M
PlanoGuy
Rudolf said:

Smart decision! I hate to see her leave OU, she definitely had a huge impact in the WCWS.
Rudolf
She did indeed,

She has a strong bat, Patty just demanded her slap bunt most of the season because of her speed. When she let her start swinging, good things happened.
Deerdude
I'll spring for a box at Laynes.
MSTC Man
AG
Avery already has a national championship. How important is a college degree from Texas A&M? Plus playing for a top 10 national program
frankie00
With two returning pitchers, four freshmen coming in and now the transfer from Washington Coach Ford will have a lot of options! If she signs another pitcher before the portal closes it will really spice things up!
Cole9335
AG
Farmer1906 said:

https://f5s-img.s3.amazonaws.com/000/39/14/39144e008fe8db3431a60f14df3c5509a71b580f_24918_u76082.jpg

Freshman All Pac 12 Team

That .185 BA against is phenomenal. Glad to have her, I'm sure Coach Ford will work her magic
First Page Refresh
Page 110 of 110

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.