Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Cocktail Shaker

853 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by Cowboy Curtis
dsvogel05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't have a shaker, so I need one for Cinco de Mayo. I've looked at the Yeti and Elevated Craft, is there another one I should consider?
T-HARGUS
AG
I prefer a tin-on-tin Boston shaker. I go with the weighted larger tin and found the cheaper ones ($20) on Amazon get the job done perfectly fine.
SpiderDude
AG
T-HARGUS said:

I prefer a tin-on-tin Boston shaker. I go with the weighted larger tin and found the cheaper ones ($20) on Amazon get the job done perfectly fine.

This. Professional bartenders almost exclusively use only Bostin Shakers. That being said, I do have a yeti one and I do like it. But the majority of the time I use a Boston shaker with one large tin and a pint glass as the other end.
chet98
AG
I have the Elevated Craft shaker. It's great. No leak, strainer in the top that does a good job. Seemed crazy to pay that much but was a gift from the rib and was a great gift.
NATE AG03
AG
For a cheaper option, the OXO shaker is good. The top also doubles as a jigger. It has a good seal. Made many a margarita in it.
Velvet Jones
AG
Highly recommended.

Boston Shakers Weighted and Unweighted.

Pricier than other options but worth it. Get stainless.
Sazerac
AG
Friends have the elevated, it is awesome, but ridiculously expensive.

I mostly stir and strain in a glass shaker. Have Boston and a cheap lidded one if I need to shake.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
I like my Yeti.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.