Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Pearl Beer

2,111 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Rattler12
Drparker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Trying to find who sells the old school pearl beer? Specs in Baytown use to but they stopped
BurnetAggie99
I know our hometown HEB has it. So try HEB or HEB Plus
Know Your Enemy
AG
85 cent longnecks at the Bird.
southernboy1
AG
The last time I saw pearl at a store was about 3 years ago. It was labeled pearl XXX. I bought a six and it tasted pretty good.
malenurse
AG
My niece works for PBR which owns the rights to Pearl.

She said they do limited runs on Pearl a couple of times a year,

Easier to find in the hill country
Drparker
Okay. Could she get me some ha
Lonestar-aught-six
I ain't had a Pearl beer since the third grade.
LoneStarBQ
AG
Didn't Pearl have the puzzles under the cap?
LoneStarBQ Fightin' Texas Aggie Band Class of 89 Midland, TX
Lonestar-aught-six
That's Lone Star.
Lonestar-aught-six
Really disappointed in the user name.
LoneStarBQ
AG
No, Pearl did too. Here's an example.

LoneStarBQ Fightin' Texas Aggie Band Class of 89 Midland, TX
Lonestar-aught-six
Cool I never new they did that. The third grade was a long time ago.
GSS
Rights to the Pearl beer name were sold to a "craft beer" group, which doomed it quickly. Though quite tasty, the "new" Pearl beer targeting the $10/six-pack crowd just wasn't the right demographic.
I sincerely doubt there are any Pearl products being sold anywhere....IF whoever sold the right, can reclaim them, maybe the mega Ft. Worth brewers will restart it.
Pic of the "new" Pearl, this version lasted about 2 years...
NRA Life
TSRA Life
GSS
malenurse said:

My niece works for PBR which owns the rights to Pearl.

She said they do limited runs on Pearl a couple of times a year,

Easier to find in the hill country
The PBR company has not made any Pearl beer since 2020, possibly earlier.
NRA Life
TSRA Life
GSS
1977 Pearl Beer commercial! "...from the country of 1100 springs"
NRA Life
TSRA Life
RGV AG
AG
I miss Pearl, I bought a couple of 6 packs of the one that came out in a bottle, it wasn't bad at all. Then never saw it again.

Grew up drinking it quite a bit, good memories of Pearl.
BurnetAggie99
It's supposedly still brewed by Oasis Texas Brewing Company in Austin.
HtownAg92
AG
GSS said:

1977 Pearl Beer commercial! "...from the country of 1100 springs"

The "short necks" that the chicks were drinking remind me of high school. Do you guys remember when there was different price for short vs longnecks? Longnecks were a luxury.
RGV AG
AG
Long necks were returnable up until about 1990 or so for Pearl and Lone Star. I would buy boxes of 20 beers I believe, as I can't recall if they were 24 or not (which I find a dire symptom of age), at JJ's Liquor for between $6.99 and $8.99 after paying for what I think was an $8 or $9 bottle deposit.

Many, many cases of both were purchased over the years. I remember that they had stacks of both on the right hand side of doors as you walked in.

In college it was always a PIA to keep up with the bottles because irresponsible drinkers would chunk them. I know when I moved out after graduation I had 2 or 3 cases of empties.....I wonder what happened to them.

In the RGV the Pearl distributor went out of business circa 1996 or so. A grocery store in Raymondville, Texas bought what must have been several thousand cases of Pearl beer in cans. For a couple of years you could buy a case of musky tasting Pearl there for $6.99. Port Mansfield was awash in Pearl beer for several years.

I think that same distributor also handled Black Label and it was dirt cheap as well there.
HtownAg92
AG
RGV AG said:

Long necks were returnable up until about 1990 or so for Pearl and Lone Star. I would buy boxes of 20 beers I believe, as I can't recall if they were 24 or not (which I find a dire symptom of age), at JJ's Liquor for between $6.99 and $8.99 after paying for what I think was an $8 or $9 bottle deposit.

Many, many cases of both were purchased over the years. I remember that they had stacks of both on the right hand side of doors as you walked in.

In college it was always a PIA to keep up with the bottles because irresponsible drinkers would chunk them. I know when I moved out after graduation I had 2 or 3 cases of empties.....I wonder what happened to them.

In the RGV the Pearl distributor went out of business circa 1996 or so. A grocery store in Raymondville, Texas bought what must have been several thousand cases of Pearl beer in cans. For a couple of years you could buy a case of musky tasting Pearl there for $6.99. Port Mansfield was awash in Pearl beer for several years.

I think that same distributor also handled Black Label and it was dirt cheap as well there.
In my little West Texas town, the hierarchy of beers went like this, depending on how far away from payday you were for your summer job:

Dead Broke -- Schaefer or do without
Pooling cash to get the best you could, or in bulk -- Old Milwaukee Light (in cans)
Doing ok -- Coors Light (cans)
Doing good -- Coors Light (shortneck)
Flush with Cash -- Coors Light (longneck) and some Boone's Farm
Flush+Bonus or OT and ready to party -- Cases of Coors Light 32 oz + Boone's Farm
Rattler12
Already drunk woman goes into a bar. Barkeep says "What'll you have?" She says "I want a Falstaff." He says, "We don't have any Falstaff ." She says, "What do you have?" He says, "We have Pearl and Jax." She says, "Well gimme a Pearl." She finishes it and says, "Barkeep gimme another Falstaff." He says, "Lady I told you we don't have any Falstaff." She says, "What ya got?" He says, " We got Pearl and Jax." She says, "Well gimme a Jax." She finishes it and says, "Barkeep gimme another Falstaff." He says, "Look lady What do you get when you take the P outta Pearl?" She says, "Earl" He says, "And what do get when you take the J outta Jax?" She says, "Ax." He says' "What do you get when you take the Fword) outta Falstaff?" She says, " There ain't no Fword in Falstaff." He says, "That's what I been tryin to tell you all night lady.....there ain't no Fword in Falstaff..........

Hope I don't get a timeout for it but that's funny right there now......
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.