Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,969,744 Views | 39851 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Shaggie 05
AgCzar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Interesting. I've never seen that
trouble
AG
I got it in a white elephant at Christmas. Totally forgot I had it until a board meeting tonight.
tu ag
AG
I read a review that said it was somewhat sour, is that accurate?
trouble
AG
I'd say more astringent than sour
Bigfootisreal
What was the verdict? I've had the 5 and the 8- the 8 is fantastic!
txag2k
AG
Tried this last night. Tad bit of a heater, but expected at FP. Not bad but I'd take $20 Benchmark FP over it. Anyone else's thoughts?
Tksymm7
AG
I had 1.5 pours last night and woke up with an awful lower backside of the head headache/migraine, is this what getting old feels like?
AgDev01
AG
yes. yes, it is.
Farmer1906
AG
I drink more and get hungover less. Something about the Bourbon doesn't wreck me.
trouble
AG
How old is old?

Drink more water while you're drinking your whiskey.
FLATOUT
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

Just need his Rolex in the shot
Settle down
h_town_ags
Picked these 3 up this morning.
ConfidentAg
AG
Nice!
BQRyno
AG
Once you're grand reserve at total wine, do you have to do anything to be on the list for allocated bottles? Or do they just randomly select and offer to anyone with status?
BrokeAssAggie
You have to sign up every quarter and rank the bottles you want. The summer email should be coming out within the next few weeks.
BQRyno
AG
Thank you!
Outdoorag011
I am getting a Russell's 13 in a trade. He has multiple batches. Any specific batch considered the best?
Tom Cardy
AG
I've done a blind and batch 1 stood out, but the others are all good and you won't be disappointed
AgCzar
AG
They're all pretty consistent. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. It's not like Stagg for example where the batches are noticeably different.
Shaggie 05
AG
The two I've had were very different. My buddy got a bottle of batch 3, and it was very oaky and a bit underwhelming to both of us. I have batch 4 and it is great. It's been a while since I've had it, so can't speak to tasting notes, but I do remember we all enjoyed it much more.
Shaggie 05
AG
It was a fun and interesting exercise. All the years were good, but 7 and 8yr were definitely a step up, with the 8yr easily being the best.

That was to be expected. It was more about having a clear example of the year to year differences. The 5 and 6yr were about 10 proof points lower than the the 7 and 8 though, and that was very obvious in the richness and color jump between 6 and 7.

AgCzar
AG
Interesting. I had the 6 year and did not like it.
Shaggie 05
AG
It definitely fell way behind the 7 and 8yr, but it wasn't bad. Keeping the leftovers hoping to continue to watch the transformation all the way to 12yr.
First Page Refresh
Page 1139 of 1139

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.