SIAP: Best way to stream Aggie sports overseas?

432 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Naveronski
StrykerAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Currently in Horn of Africa on deployment and wondering how I can stream the games. I don't have cable at home so I cannot use TV provider for ESPN. I tried YouTubeTV but it doesn't work when my VPN is turned on, and when I turn off VPN it says not available in my country. SlingTV said the same thing.
Kyle98
AG
I used YouTube TV with ExpressVPN on a Fire Stick while deployed to Kosovo last year with no issues.
Fly Army 97
Ran into the same problem. Had to use Express VPN. If you are validating through your phone, it won't matter that you are using VPN because Google/YouTube will know your phone is overseas. You may need someone stateside/TX ready to validate your code when asked. Unfortunately, there seems to be no fix for those deployed.
HollywoodBQ
AG
In Sydney, Australia during the 2010s, we had an Aggie girl who knew somebody in San Diego, CA who let her use their Slingbox to watch A&M games over the internet.

Other than your standard Internet buffering issues, the main problem we had was somebody changing the channel. Apparently the Slingbox was connected to a cable box in a high rise apartment building in San Diego and the cable box could sometimes get its channel changed by a remote control from somebody else in the same building.
StrykerAg
AG
Appreciate the responses
StrykerAg
AG
FYI I've gotten FuboTV to work with NordVPN set to NYC or Chicago and NHL.TV is offered in this country, so now I am able to watch Aggie sports and my pro teams.
Naveronski
AG
Do your parents/aunt/uncle have cable?

I got one of them to share their login so I could stream.

There's also frontrowsports.eu that I was able to find alternative streams, but it's been a year or two since I used it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.