Changes to cadet uniforms next fall

1,732 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by OldArmyCT
HillCountry15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fish/pissheads going to wear brown belts instead of black

Also going to brown low quarters instead of black

BQRyno
AG
But…why
OldArmyCT
AG
Generals like to change things. Shinseli put everyone in berets, ticked off the Rangers. Someone took the Army green and went to pinks and green. They retire divisions, brigades, battalions. Brown belts and brown shoes aren't that big a deal but it's expensive.
BQ08
AG
BQRyno said:

But…why
My guess is ease of supply. Since the Army's gone to AGSUs it's probably easier to get brown low quarters than black ones.
Buck Turgidson
Brown low quarters suck. For one thing, they will not be uniform and everyone will end up with a slightly different shade of brown. Secondly, you can get a way better shine on black low quarters. I hope the Marines don't adopt those.
Rabid Cougar
AG
Maybe the Army will adopt A&M's style of service cover... Just say no to the "50 Mission" crush....
Aggie Infantry
AG
Buck... reference the different shades of brown... have you seen the senior boots lately?
When the truth comes out, do not ask me how I knew.
Ask yourself why you did not.
HillCountry15
Aggie Infantry said:

Buck... reference the different shades of brown... have you seen the senior boots lately?

they're just about every shade of brown you can think of. That was the same way even when I was in.
ABATTBQ87
AG
they dont make turf tan anymore, but these 2 products would do wonders for the shoes and boots

OldArmy71
AG
The boots have always been different colors.

Many boots in the old days were passed down from relatives and of course from graduating seniors who did not want to keep theirs. I am sure the same is true today.

The more the boots are shined, the darker they get.

Parenthetically, my father '44 had his boots cut down like cowboy boots so he could wear them during his required year apprenticeship as a roustabout in the oil field before he could work as an engineer.

I wore them for a while in middle school, but by ninth grade my feet had gotten too big, and one day after PE I couldn't get them back on.

They were a much lighter orangish brown than the brown boots are today.
Buck Turgidson
Yes, there was a guy with nearly black boots in my day, and the were all different shades from medium to dark. That kinda illustrates my point.
LMCane
White belt is HORRENDOUS

should have gone black/brown
2004FIGHTINTXAG
BQRyno said:

But…why

Because this Commandant apparently likes to change things just because. Someone needs to tell him he's a terminal 1-Star.
OldArmyCT
AG
LMCane said:

White belt is HORRENDOUS

should have gone black/brown
What?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.