830 Views | 5 Replies
HalifaxAg
6:36p, 4/17/24
About to do this for the first time...

How important is it?
Any tips for me?
Dr. Doctor
7:02p, 4/17/24
When I had one get a couple of gallons of vinegar, a 5 gallon bucket and a fountain pump. Use 2 washer hoses and block in the heater.

Pump the fluid around and back into the bucket. Watch out so it doesn't turn green; that's copper acetate being formed

Took about 2 minutes total when I did it. Then flush out the system with water from the largest user.

Also check the screens on all your faucets/ users. The scale has no where to go, so it collects there.

~egon
PlanoAg98
10:55a, 4/18/24
In reply to Dr. Doctor
Quote:

Use 2 washer hoses and block in the heater.

You need to make sure you have the cut off valves. I moved into a house and the previous owner had put the tankless in without there.

Use a sump pump in the bucket to create a circular flow of water from the bucket, through the heater, and back into the bucket. Run that for 45 minutes.

cena05
11:41a, 4/18/24
In reply to HalifaxAg
Do you have a water softener?, if so you can space out the descaling considerably.
Whitetail
12:40p, 4/19/24
I use one of the descale flush products for this on Amazon. It's like $20. In use a bucket, hoses, and a pump as described to flush. Pretty easy. My water is not softened and has minerals so it is part of my yearly home maintenance plan.
kyledr04
6:01p, 4/20/24
Only difference is I use a drill pump and whoever installed the valves did it so that the drain side is turned sideways so I have to use a flexible hose and clamp
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings