Barton Creek

1,146 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by clobby
clobby
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Going to Barton Creek in a few months and looking at getting a few rounds in. Any recommendation on what courses to play/avoid?
Bunk Moreland
4 different courses for sure. Here's my rankings:

1. Fazio Foothills - great use of the natural terrain. Difficult
2. Fazio Canyons - short drive from the resort. Awesome views, gorgeous course... a little more open/forgiving, especially around the greens.

3. Palmer Lakeside - Nice, but a long drive from the resort. 30+ minutes.

4. Coore Crenshaw - pretty standard resort course. Some nice holes, some nice views but nothing too remarkable.

I used to get to play all 4 often and I would play all 4 any day of the week for the $0 it usually cost me, but the fazio courses would be the top 2 for sure.
Poot
I've only played Coore/Crenshaw and I'd agreeā€¦ it's nothing special. Nice, but nothing special.
Matsui
AG
Spot on
clobby
AG
Played Foothills and Canyons from the recommendations and it was great. Nice courses, the Caynons had been punched and greens still had some sand on them but overall was in great shape. I think I enjoyed the Canyons more because of the views but hitting the birdie on Foothills 18 was pretty cool.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.