I LOVE GOLF

14,749 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by girlgolfer12
Rusty GCS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
clobby said:

Don't know if this is love or hate but posted a 89 today, awesome for me. 1 triple, 1 birdie, 1 par, & 15 bogeys.

That's a really consistent round.

I looked to find my last 89

1 birdie
4 pars
9 bogeys
3 doubles
1 triple (on par 5 #18)

Gotta mix it up. Keep it interesting!
oldflyer
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Planning to play this afternoon as we hit 108 on the thermometer

Shot -2 at Ridgeview Ranch. Man, is it baked. Drove the ball 390 on #10 LOL
Are they still charging $70 to play that goat trail?
DannyDuberstein
AG
I paid $35. The greens are finally in really good shape and they completely redid all of the bunkers (and wisely filled in some of them). But like most other courses I've played in the past few weeks, the rest of the course is firm, fast, and turning yellow
AgfromHOU
AG
Played yesterday for the first time in a month. Beat my best score by 5 strokes. A subpar day putting, but my driver was on fire.

I love golf
AggieDruggist89
AG
Friday, I played my match (club Match play championship) against a 4, but had to give him 5 strokes through first 12 holes because my low this year was 2.1 though I can't play to it today.

Pummeled my opponent 5-4 and was 2 over through 14.

Great warm up for our club championship this weekend... Right?

Go see F GOLF thread..

pocketrockets06
AG
Broke 100 on the mens tees for the first time this weekend (previously shot a 98 from the seniors tees when playing with a couple of guys twice my age)

No 3 putts and some really solid irons helped a lot.
clobby
AG
84 with a 6 on a par 3. Best score of my life so far. Should have posted in the F Golf thread last week with a 104.
Bad Poster
Ive been a little rut since spring. Last 7 rounds have been 104+. Was hitting high 90 avg through the winter/spring. Today i shot a 93 with 2 triple bogeys and 4 double bogeys. Limit the blow up holes and maybe ive finally got over my plateau of suckage
84HartAg
AG
Made 2 eagles within a week. Both par 5s. On in 2 and sunk a 12 footer, then 5 days later, on a different hole was about 30 yards off the green laying 2 and chipped in.
clobby
AG
Only lost two balls in 4 rounds. A win is a win.
G Martin 87
AG
Back to playing regularly 33 weeks postop from SLL reconstruction surgery. Also read Stan Utley's "Art of the Short Game" and practiced his pitching method during October. My last three rounds have been 88, 95, and 87.
clobby
AG
Wife and baby out of town, got 2 rounds in today.
clobby
AG
Shot my lowest score today 83 at Tangle Ridge. Couple opportunities missed but overall great round. Driver was hot.
G Martin 87
AG
Played Spark league last night. After the first 5 holes, my partner and I were +3 and in danger of finishing last. Then I turned it around on the final 4 holes with 4 consecutive pars. With my handicap, we finished net -3 for second place. Got skins on the last 3 holes too.
rednecked
AG
I play in Spark league as well. Play on Tuesdays. the regular playing has really helped my scoring. I think I was up around 13 handicap for them at the beginning of the season. down to 7 now.
Bad Poster
Well today it happened.

I finally hit in the 30's today on the back 9 of briarcrest.

Had a triple and two double bogeys on the front nine for a 46. Meh

Then I caught fire with 4 pars, a birdie, and 4 bogeys on the back.

Ive been feeling it coming for awhile. Last year I was hitting 94-100 for awhile, ive been playing around 87-92 for last few months. And today something clicked on the back 9. Been feeling like i could break 80 if I could just put it all together for 18 and now I believe it. Yeah its an 85. Best score ive had so far, but things are looking optimistic. Perfect time to get in a groove with vegas coming up next weekend….

And yes im fully expecting to be the next contestant on the "F Golf" thread
G Martin 87
AG
Must be something in the water this weekend. Shot an 89 today with 7 pars after several weeks in the low 90s.
AggieDruggist89
AG
BAN THREAD, DELETE OP!!!
MW03
AG
Went to get a super stroke 3 put on my putter at 2nd swing. While it was going on, I found myself in the bay hitting a used ping g425 3 wood better than I've ever hit any club in my life. Put it down, went to pick up the putter, thought "well let's go hit it in another bay and see what happens." Once again, best I've ever hit a club. So I pulled the trigger.

I find myself on a par 4, 317 to the flag over water. I thought I'd play it smart and lay up about 260. Well, I caught every single cm of that 3 wood. Pitch mark about 3 feet from the hole and rolled to 1.5 feet. My first eagle on a par 4.
AggieDruggist89
AG
You hit 3wd 317 yards??? WTF, did ur ball hit a cart path then a sprinkler head??
DannyDuberstein
AG
I believe it. I got a ping G425 3wood last spring with the tour chrome shaft in it (my driver is the same setup - love that thing). It is friggin crazy how hot that 3W is. I actually went and got a 5wood too in the same setup because the 3 is so hot that it created a gap. Depending on where i'm playing, i'll swap them in and out.
MW03
AG
I was hitting it 270 carry in the sim off the deck. I couldn't believe it. G425 lst with the same chrome tour shaft. Thing is a beast. I might play my next round without pulling the driver just to see what happens.
AggieDruggist89
AG
****... Now I have to try it...
MW03
AG
Did a little investigating on 18 Birdies and realize I overstated myself a bit. The hole plays 317, but it's more like 280 as the crow flies, which makes much more sense. Still the shot of my life.
TecRecAg
AG
17.0 handicap (was 17.5 before this round)

9 GIRs
34 putts
0 lost balls

Set out to break 90 three times before 12/31/23 and did it!!
AggieDruggist89
AG
Awesome!
AggieDruggist89
AG
MW03 said:

Did a little investigating on 18 Birdies and realize I overstated myself a bit. The hole plays 317, but it's more like 280 as the crow flies, which makes much more sense. Still the shot of my life.

I had to think about this hole. Still not sure if it's a good or bad hole. Are the trees on the left you hit over to the green tall? Will it eventually block the angle once the trees mature forcing you to draw towards the green?

The pond on the right, I assume it gobbles up balls some?

I guess I'd go at the green majority of the time since even if I hook it into water left, I could get up and down or bogey at worst.

Interesting hole and congrats on your par 4 Eagle.
MW03
AG
Quote:

I had to think about this hole. Still not sure if it's a good or bad hole. Are the trees on the left you hit over to the green tall? Will it eventually block the angle once the trees mature forcing you to draw towards the green?

The pond on the right, I assume it gobbles up balls some?

I guess I'd go at the green majority of the time since even if I hook it into water left, I could get up and down or bogey at worst.

Interesting hole and congrats on your par 4 Eagle.

First time playing here, but we had a regular added to our foursome that was kind of guiding us where to hit it. I started the shot just right of the trees and it drew back towards the green. The trees were fairly tall, but now so much that you couldn't go over them. I think this is a picture of the hole from the website.

Poot
What course is that?
AggieDruggist89
AG
Learned of Jimbo's firing on the 8th tee box. I was already 4 over par. Then proceeded to finish the round with three birdies and a triple for a smooth 76.

Im even par post Jimbo era.
The Milkman
AG
Shot my personal best today! Came into town for concert and to see family and friends. Had a 76 at Cypresswood Traditions playing with dad. Made 2 birdies, missed a bunch of mid range birdie putts and one dumb mistake.

Even playing great there's something both exciting and annoying about knowing I've got a few more strokes I coulda shaved.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Broke 90 for the first time playing my roughly 40th round after playing for about a year and a half. (On a par 70 course but oh well)

Extremely elated. Ready to get my soul crushed and shoot over 100 my next time out.
Poot
Congrats!

See you over on the F GOLF thread shortly!
AggieDruggist89
AG
Got up this AM... while coffee was brewing, I hit about 6 putts on my putting mat.. made em all. I LOVE GOLF!
MW03
AG
After my worst range session in 2 years, I went out and broke 90 for the first time, shooting a 41 on the back to shoot an 87 (par 71, 6500 yards). Had the driver working and also hit my best drive in gameplay.

I LOVE GOLF!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.