Business & Investing
Sponsored by

1 BTC = $0.06M today. New All Time High

12,285 Views | 111 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by kyledr04
@NFLPlayerProps
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nice to see some of the usual suspects already coming back to repeat dumbass talking points from 2017 and 2021. Going to be a fun year.
Monywolf
txaggie_08 said:

one safe place said:

A lot of things have gone up in value and a lot of things have gone down in value. Most things do both. A number is a number until sold or traded or used to buy something else.
BTC needs to show more utility and less speculation. Happy for y'all riding the waves up, probably be smart to cash in on some of that FOMO.
Its utility is being a store of value, which it clearly has been.

Edit - You must believe gold as an investment has no utility?
hunter2012
AG
TexasRebel said:

It also means all 21,000,000 will get lost at some point.
I suppose then that so long as a single satoshi exists, Bitcoin will have value. In fact the lost Bitcoin only increases the scarcity of the remaining Bitcoin.

So assuming we aren't EMPed or solar flared into the dark ages, then I predict Bitcoin will be around for at least the next century. If we are back in the stone ages then some digital currency will be the least of our worries. When the last Bitcoin is mined in the mid-22nd century, then let's worry about the finite supply.
TexasRebel
AG
Except bitcoin are only created if they are used.

If they become so scarce that there are no transactions, there are no blocks to solve.

Confederate money is also scarce and finite. Still not a great currency.
hunter2012
AG
TexasRebel said:

If they become so scarce that there are no transactions, there are no blocks to solve.

This really seems like a far future problem to me. Most Bitcoin are still accounted for even if it's not the full 21 Million. As the Bitcoin price increases more buyers will join creating more opportunities to keep it going. Even after all of the coins are mined there will still be opportunities for transaction fees for transfers between wallets. I suppose if you want your great-great grandchildren to know I told you so you're welcome to mention it in your memoirs.
TxAG#2011
Lmao who gives a **** if it's useful or has utility?

Blackrock is putting their clients in Bitcoin. That's all the info you need to make a lot of money.
LatinAggie1997
AG
Lots on this forum laughed at me when I commented that money managers, institutions, and even RIA, would get into and recommend BTC.

Many on here are skeptics and will likely fall into the laggards category. Some will shift their mindset and get exposure.

Either way, we shall see each other on the other side of the curve with the only difference being the net worth of early adopters - Red or Black.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Nice call. It's funny even the haters and doubters will have no choice soon enough as btc etf becomes apart of neerly every Portfolio, etf index, pension fund, etc etc etc.
LatinAggie1997
AG
Yukon Cornelius said:

Nice call. It's funny even the haters and doubters will have no choice soon enough as btc etf becomes apart of neerly every Portfolio, etf index, pension fund, etc etc etc.

Agreed. It is unstoppable now. Fidelity recommending 3% which imo, will lead to all recommending 10%. A few more ETFs likely come out soon, but the next major evolution will be tokenization of RWA by banks.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
There's no reason not to have deeds to properties and titles on blockchain
LatinAggie1997
AG
Yukon Cornelius said:

There's no reason not to have deeds to properties and titles on blockchain

They will. So will all forms of identification to ensure both security and expediency. No more reems of paper to fill out, no more waiting
days for verification, or weeks to process paperwork.
flashplayer
AG
Ok smart crypto guys - suppose some of us are willing to blindly plunge into crypto right now with a sizable chunk of our portfolio.

Looking at that chunk, give me your take on what % (adding up to 100%) we should allocate to buying crypto directly (and which ones) vs digital holdings company stock vs miners vs other places to make money on crypto, etc. Assume a relatively high risk tolerance but not 'jumping out of a plane without a parachute' high.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Probably a 80/20 rule. 80% self custody. But educate yourself thoroughly on self custody. It's the greatest but also unforgiving.
Algorithmic Epiphany
TexasRebel said:

What in the holy **** garbage is this? Are you on meth?
Algorithmic Epiphany
flashplayer said:

Ok smart crypto guys - suppose some of us are willing to blindly plunge into crypto right now with a sizable chunk of our portfolio.

Looking at that chunk, give me your take on what % (adding up to 100%) we should allocate to buying crypto directly (and which ones) vs digital holdings company stock vs miners vs other places to make money on crypto, etc. Assume a relatively high risk tolerance but not 'jumping out of a plane without a parachute' high.

Blackrock states a 23% bitcoin allocated portfolio isn't a bad thing.

But now they're incentivized to say that.

They've also said bitcoin being 80% of a portfolio isn't bad either. Who fkn knows the "best" way.

I'd say go low and slow and learn self custody along the way.

Simultaneously we could be catapulting further than ever in this run, might be better to lump sum it and let it ride.

Whatever you invest, I'd be dead set on a large percentage of it put away never to be touched for a decade or at least 5 years.

nortex97
AG
flashplayer said:

I think a lot of the current run up is due to the 'invention' of the ETF's focused on BTC over the past 6 months, and then a whole lot of folks, both institutional and private moving out of stocks pending the downturn we are due for, and trying to balance things out via those funds instead of just cash/dollars/bonds etc.

I am gonna go more into BTC funds but I am currently around 5 percent and won't top off over around 10 probably but I am a cautious and relatively ignorant investor in this area at my age (50).
LMCane
donkeykick90 said:

diamond hands

anyone have an actual price point they will sell?

I am considering at 100K and move it to private equity or VC
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Nope.
p-townag
AG
Me either. I'm not selling the winner to buy the loser.
bmks270
AG
I only invest in select stock sectors and real estate I've purchased.

I don't invest in bonds, commodities, treasuries, or cryptos.

The only arguments here for investing in Bitcoin are FOMO arguments. Utility has been forgotten. I think Bitcoin will eventually fade away. Maybe next year, maybe 10, but for now I don't see it as an investment, and that's not likely to change.

Obviously etf brokers are going to recognize it. They make money from your participation. They profit from your trading and rebalancing activities.

I propose that many Bitcoin bros have a sort
of cognitive dissonance with these Bitcoin ETFs.

"We can't trust banks we need Bitcoin!"

"OMG OMG OMG! Black Rock and Fidelity now have Bitcoin ETFs, I trust banks now!"

LatinAggie1997
AG
bmks270 said:

The only arguments here for investing in Bitcoin are FOMO arguments. Utility has been forgotten. I think Bitcoin will eventually fade away. Maybe next year, maybe 10, but for now I don't see it as an investment, and that's not likely to change.

Obviously etf brokers are going to recognize it. They make money from your participation. They profit from your trading and rebalancing activities.

"OMG OMG OMG! Black Rock and Fidelity now have Bitcoin ETFs, I trust banks now!"

Not the purists of crypto like myself. I have no interest in ETFs. I buy my own assets and hold my own assets. ETFs are for TradFi Olds that only feel comfortable if a banker handles their investing.
ac04
that's some great insight, thanks man. tell us more about litecoin.
Pepper Brooks
AG
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink"

You've engaged with Bitcoin enthusiasts enough on here to have no excuse if you miss the wagon on what many think will be one of the most influential innovations of the current century.

You also have plenty of posting history ammo to say "I told you so" to a bunch of anonymous internet people if the distributed ledger and decentralized hard money experiment falls flat.

I'm done engaging either way so good luck to you.
“There is no red.
There is no blue.
There is the state.
And there is you.”

“As government expands, Liberty contracts” - R. Reagan
donkeykick90
AG
LMCane said:

donkeykick90 said:

diamond hands

anyone have an actual price point they will sell?

I am considering at 100K and move it to private equity or VC

I'll start taking some profits at $125k. Need a kitchen remodel.

Algorithmic Epiphany
bmks270 said:

I'll pray for your investments.
p-townag
AG
bmks270 said:

You will eventually buy Bitcoin at the price you deserve. Truth doesn't matter what you think about it or what I think about it. It is what it is and will keep rolling on. I agree with the above poster that there's no reason to continue to try to convince you. You'll deal with the consequences, and so will we. Best of luck to you.
hunter2012
AG
I don't care what the powerful banks position is in Bitcoin. I'm largely bought in because I have zero trust in the fed and federal government spending, it's a problem that will never be solved until US practice of fiat currency is ended. If you want to be willfully obtuse towards the erosion America's purchasing power and how Bitcoin is a major hedge against it then that's your choice.
Monywolf
edit
lb1lb2
AG
The cryptos I am in for the large part are BTC, ETH SOL and ADA. My focus on new $$ being invested will be on SOL. Too many altcoins for me to keep with.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Yikes man. You're letting your ego think for you because you faded bitcoin sometime ago. And your ego wants it to fail to you will be proven right. It ain't about egos.
redfish24
AG
Amen. You get BTC at the price you deserve. Learned that the hard way ignoring 2017 and waiting until 2021 to actually study "what is money."

Pressure's off this cycle. No need to argue with anyone who has succeeded in fiat. Great for them. For the rest of us, enjoy the boom.
Canyon99
Jack Boyett said:

Good news. I had no idea. I bought (I think) $7k worth of BTC with my free govt COVID money. It was around $60k at the time. If I can figure out how to get logged into my coin base account I can see how much I'm up now. Lol at this thing.

You're welcome
Algorithmic Epiphany
I think we might cross $0.07M/BTC tomorrow.

Algorithmic Epiphany
New ATH.

75% of new ATH sees a price doubling in 18 days or less.

Exciting.
LMCane
the higher the price is going

the more stressed I am about having my BTC on a cold storage wallet and somehow screwing it up

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.