*****Official Texas Rangers World Series Title Defense Thread***** [Staff Warning]

395,175 Views | 7915 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Jimtim1216
Ag Since 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They do have ticket windows, and it's kind of weird walking past them in this day and age
Water Boy
AG
Who is the next pitcher to call up from the minors? Leiter got 3 opportunities and sucked. I'm all for giving guys a shot with all the injuries but it's time to see who else can perform. Leiter already got his chance and he needs another year or two in the minors. Time to give someone else a chance.
DallasAg 94
We only have 4 on the 40 to chose from, unless/until Scherzer gets put on the 60 or we dump someone.

I think Eovaldi is available the 18th... Urena likely gets another GS... then we're talking Dunning & Bradford. Law office or Accounting?! LoL.
Water Boy
AG
Series question, if Urena and Bradford continue to perform do we possibly look at trading Leiter? I just don't see Leiter having a spot on this team unless he improves significantly. But also it doesn't hurt having a guy on standby if multiple injuries occur. Just a thought.
Proposition Joe
It's not like potential trade partners haven't also seen his numbers. We'd be selling low.
Water Boy
AG
That's true but I'm thinking some team would take a chance on him since our history of developing pitchers is awful. They may see the potential in him and think they can do better at development. Plus we could always throw someone else in depending on the return we want back.
Tksymm7
AG
I mean I think we'd be selling higher than what his value was at this point last year. He's been really good at AAA, so I would bury him there until the deadline and just let him go. Maybe he continues to pitch like gang-busters for Round Rock and he's a more desirable asset at the deadline. It's clear that he's not ready for the MLB, though.

I am also not sure what the Rangers are or will be for the foreseeable future, so even though I have been clamoring for them to go out and get another bat (and still believe one would help this team), I lean towards them being a holding team more and more by the day. One bat or one pitcher doesn't seem like it would help much at the moment.

DeangeloVickers
AG
Flounder Dorfman
AG
The biggest issue with the offense is there aren't many changes that can be made to it.

First base, second, shortstop, catcher, right field are all set. Third base is waiting for the starter to return. Centerfield has been a position a lot of people have been looking at, but the guy playing it has reached base in 17 straight. Left field is either Carter or Langford and they're both injured.

The one thing I would do, and would have done days ago, is call up Huff so he can DH. Replace Wendzel since he brings nothing to the table. But outside of that, I'm not sure what can be done other than wait for reinforcements to arrive.
Mr Gigem
AG
Seager replica rings on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p4432023.m570.l1313&_nkw=corey+seager+world+series+ring&_sacat=0
sburg2007
between that and the trophy prices its laughable.
Water Boy
AG
I'll be at the game when they give out the Semien rings. Plan to get there around 2pm. Hangout at Texas live and get in line around 4.
KT 90
AG
Mr Gigem said:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p4432023.m570.l1313&_nkw=corey+seager+world+series+ring&_sacat=0

What would you ever do with a replica ring besides put it on a shelf as a souvenir with other Ranger related stuff? I wouldn't pay more than $20 or $25 max for something like that.
DallasAg 94
Well, Astros fans wear them around town to show their loyalty and support... so, there is that.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Mr Gigem said:

Somebody wants $750. The $150 prices are absurd. That dude is certifiable.
nai06
AG
KT 90 said:

Mr Gigem said:

What would you ever do a replica ring besides put it on a shelf as a souvenir with other Ranger related stuff? I wouldn't pay more than $20 or $25 max for something like that.

I know it's probably a scam, but at $18.60 I might just pull the trigger on this one. You know, for science.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/226126428566?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=d0djee82txy&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=XwP6Iec_RBe&var=525248971743&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
nai06
AG
Screw it. I just bought a replica of the replica. It's worth the gamble at $20.46 with tax. I'll be sure to update the board if it comes in.
DallasAg 94
Sourced from Morocco... great choice.
Mr Gigem
AG
nai06 said:

Screw it. I just bought a replica of the replica. It's worth the gamble at $20.46 with tax. I'll be sure to update the board if it comes in.

I'm looking forward to this
KT 90
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Sourced from Morocco... great choice.
oh no... no telling what he is going to get.
nai06
AG
Shipping is from "Greater China" with an expected delivery date of June 6 to June 28
DallasAg 94
nai06 said:

Shipping is from "Greater China" with an expected delivery date of June 6 to June 28
Maybe we can get a few for our Astros lurkers.
MrCoachEricTaylor
What about the $1200? So dumb they can't be joking!
Leander - Ag
AG
They just released RING promo where you are guaranteed a WS replica Ring (first 2k that purchase)
Proposition Joe
When you guys gonna learn when it comes to tickets, ebay, etc... that just because someone has a price doesn't mean they think they are going to get it. For some its a placeholder price, for some its a "if it sells at this price then I'll part with it".

Instead we'll get some news article with "Corey Seager Replica Rings Going for $1200!" followed by demands by thousands of fans for the Rangers to completely re-do their giveaway system.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I get it, but some of the outrageous ones are folks so far out of the range they almost have to believe they're going to get that.
shack009
AG
I just want to wish everybody a happy anniversary of the day Rougy beat the crap out of major chump Jose Bautista.
Water Boy
AG
I'm pretty sure you can buy a replica from the guy who made the real rings for around $600.
rbtexan
S
So when is the Brad Miller replica ring day? I sure don't want to miss out on getting one of those bad boys
Jimbo Franchione
Water Boy
AG
Anybody know the best entrance to get the rings? Some have gotten rings walking in at 5:30 but have also heard that they ran out at certain entrances an hour before that. Would hate to wait in a long line and not get one.
Mr Gigem
AG
Probably southeast or southwest
Super Aggie 64
AG
Water Boy said:

Anybody know the best entrance to get the rings? Some have gotten rings walking in at 5:30 but have also heard that they ran out at certain entrances an hour before that. Would hate to wait in a long line and not get one.
I did not go to the ring night, but I go to most of the bobblehead giveaway nights. The gates usually open 2 hours early for night games (5pm for a 7:05pm game).

I always go in the SE entrance by the Lexus Lot. I think the SE and SW entrances are not as crowded as the North entrance (by Texas Live) and the NE entrance.
bmac_aggie18
AG
Leiter optioned to AAA and RHP Shaun Anderson (??) called up from AAA
Coppell97
AG
Scherzer put on 60 IL. Looks like roster availability move. I hope. And not change in timeline.
Legal Custodian
AG
Coppell97 said:

Scherzer put on 60 IL. Looks like roster availability move. I hope. And not change in timeline.
Makes sense in order to make room on the 40 seeing as he's already been out for 50 of those days.
First Page Last Page
Page 190 of 227

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.