***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

986,070 Views | 20921 Replies | Last: 22 min ago by Mr.Bond
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Great win. Framber with the boss night.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Ag_07
AG
Where would we be without Seth Martinez and Taylor Scott?

The two biggest question marks in the pen have been the studs!
fullback44
AG
Nice win.. batters did great and Framber was the leader tonight. Hell of a job by Framber
Prosperdick
AG

4 in a row baby!!! And 6 of the last 7!!!
W
AG
and for the season series vs. the A's...

'stros need to be thinking 11-2 or 10-3 at the worst
Mr.Bond
AG
WE ARE ****IN BACK
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Mathguy64
AG
And by the way a 2 hour, 10 minute game.
cc10106
Framber with a couple nice starts since the Seattle series. Called the shutout but didn't get the complete game. Luckly the Athletics are terrible.
tjack16
AG
Rally baby is 11-6

Prosperdick
AG
Mr.Bond said:

WE ARE ****IN BACK
Nope...not until we're at least a game over .500. I've been fooled before. Yes, this is very encouraging but lets not get out ahead of our Astro skis.
heavens11
AG
The 'stros are going to have to play some really good ball for quite some time to climb out of the hole they dug for themselves. They found lots of ways to lose games they should have won (e.g. implosions by the back end of the bullpen,etc.) so the will have to overcome that
"It's just another corps trip boys, we'll march in behind the band"
BadAggie
AG
Farmer1906 said:

BadAggie said:

Farmer1906 said:

gambochaman said:

heavens11 said:

I think we could use a reboot with hitting coaches. If I was writing the checks I'd have fired them long ago

Yep…a few of us have been banging that drum for at least a couple of seasons now

Stinker and cintron aint it

Aren't we always near the top of the league in a lot of offensive categories?

Yes and then in other categories we are just offensive

Sure sure… which ones?

Blown saves, no?
cc10106
3 weeks since we were last swept in Chicago
Beat40
Prosperdick said:

Mr.Bond said:

WE ARE ****IN BACK
Nope...not until we're at least a game over .500. I've been fooled before. Yes, this is very encouraging but lets not get out ahead of our Astro skis.

Sure, but this feels different. Starting pitching and bullpen finally clicking together. Breggy looks to be on the upswing. The offense still kind of sputtering, but if Yordan gets going, the offense will really start going.
cc10106
heavens11 said:

The 'stros are going to have to play some really good ball for quite some time to climb out of the hole they dug for themselves. They found lots of ways to lose games they should have won (e.g. implosions by the back end of the bullpen,etc.) so the will have to overcome that
Gotta play .600 ball through the end of June to get back over .500.
BadAggie
AG
Hopefully Javier has a better start tomorrow than last

Need to limit bullpen usage with no off day until Thursday next week

The Porkchop Express
cc10106 said:

heavens11 said:

Gotta play .600 ball through the end of June to get back over .500.
Or 1.000 ball for the next 8 games.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
cc10106
That would be preferable:
Prosperdick
AG
Beat40 said:

Prosperdick said:

Mr.Bond said:

WE ARE ****IN BACK

Sure, but this feels different. Starting pitching and bullpen finally clicking together. Breggy looks to be on the upswing. The offense still kind of sputtering, but if Yordan gets going, the offense will really start going.
I'd sure like one of those 10 game winning streaks Dana promised...hopefully we're in one now.
The Porkchop Express
cc10106 said:

That would be preferable:

If Dana went to my kids' school, he'd be sent to the office for doing the "gun finger"
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
BadAggie
AG
So Bregman spends one game batting 6th, another batting 5th, and now back in the top 4. Feels soon, regardless of the HR barrage.

BQRyno
AG
Watch out, them's fightin' words to some folks here! I got roundly put in my place this afternoon for that line of thinking. His 0'fer tonight makes me feel a little bit justified. I want to be wrong, but I want to see him string together weeks. Not days.
W
AG
this upcoming series vs. the Brewers will be a good test of where the Astros are

Milwaukee has an off-day tomorrow, so their bullpen will be fresh

the Astros' pitching has struggled against teams that can hit

and the Brew Crew is top 5 in almost all offensive categories
Farmer1906
AG

Beat40
BQRyno said:

Watch out, them's fightin' words to some folks here! I got roundly put in my place this afternoon for that line of thinking. His 0'fer tonight makes me feel a little bit justified. I want to be wrong, but I want to see him string together weeks. Not days.

People were just disagreeing with you. Not trying to put you in your place. You were asking questions and so was I. I was giving my viewpoint and you were giving yours. No one was calling you wrong. It may have felt that way, but they were expressing their opinion too, just as you were. The conversation was more of a chicken or the egg coming first type of conversation. No need to create drama.

I honestly don't care that much about this topic except for this: We don't have weeks to see if it's a fluke or not before moving him back up. With Yordan struggling, there needs to be someone in the 4 spot to drive in runs. He did do that tonight, by the way.

I'm actually fine with him in the 5th spot behind Peña if that's what you would prefer.
redline248
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Probably should bench him. I mean, he's not even really better than another CF
Mr.Bond
AG
Prosperdick said:

Mr.Bond said:

WE ARE ****IN BACK

I say this after every win
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

First Page Refresh
Page 598 of 598

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.