2023-2024 NBA Highlights thread

10,043 Views | 137 Replies | Last: 18 days ago by superunknown
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Guitarsoup
AG

Since we don't have a lowlights thread, I'll put this here.
The Porkchop Express
It's the 18 year anniversary of Kobe scoring 81 points in a game tonight.

Joel Embiid has 65 points with 5 minutes to play vs. the Spurs.
Karl Anthony-Towns has 44 points at halftime vs the Hornets including 8 of 9 three pointers
Johnsy3
AG

KAT is the first person in NBA history to have at least 10 makes from 2, 3, and the FT line. And, of course, his team lost.
The Porkchop Express
I play head to head Fantasy Basketball where guys get nightly points for categories.

A good score for a player on a nightly basis is 50+

Embiid had 110.
WES2006AG
AG
Bucks firing Adrian Griffin despite their 30-13 record.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Doc is the leading candidate for the replacement. Now someone please pick up Doris Burke as an assistant to wipe out that crew.
superunknown
AG
They fired Bud and didn't even keep the next guy till the ASG. What a world.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Grass isn't always greener. Bud added structure and emphasized defense. Dame hurts them but Bud would have them playing better on that end for sure.
superunknown
AG
The r/nba thread speculating someone may have been Udokad or maybe something to do with witchcraft lol
superunknown
AG
Dang. The Athletic write up from Shams/Sam Amick basically says Doc's been over Griffin's shoulder ever since Terry Stotts noped out right before the season.
Enzo The Baker
AG
I don't know why franchises ever think this is a good idea. Atlanta did something similar with Nate and the coach that preceded him. Not the best way to instill trust across the organization.

I'm predicting Giannis requests a trade this offseason. Thunder Dynasty incoming.
superunknown
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

I don't know why franchises ever think this is a good idea. Atlanta did something similar with Nate and the coach that preceded him. Not the best way to instill trust across the organization.

I'm predicting Giannis requests a trade this offseason.
Thunder Dynasty incoming.

https://tenor.com/view/popovich-running-pregame-gif-16167961

I'm sure that won't autoload but still.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

I'm predicting Giannis requests a trade this offseason. Thunder Dynasty incoming.
I'll give them the Charlotte and Chicago picks and either the Dallas or Boston swaps.
superunknown
AG

Check the date on this tweet
The Porkchop Express
superunknown said:

Dang. The Athletic write up from Shams/Sam Amick basically says Doc's been over Griffin's shoulder ever since Terry Stotts noped out right before the season.

Doc Rivers one step closer to achieving his dream of coaching every team in the league. If he takes the job, he'll have officially coached more teams than he played for.
The Porkchop Express
RIP Kobe Bryant 1-26-20

#4 and #5 on this list are two of the greatest things I've ever seen.
superunknown
AG
Yeah. I'll definitely watch this.

Guitarsoup
AG
The Porkchop Express
Embiid likely done for the rest of the year. Goodbye 76ers title chances. goodbye my FBL titles chances.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
Guitarsoup
AG
The coach of the team with the best record coaches their conference team, with the exception that they can't coach two years in a row.

Boston's coach did last year, so it goes to the #2 team.

So Doc Rivers, with a 1-4 record is coaching the all star game.
Guitarsoup
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
Robin Lopez traded away by the Bucks yesterday, so he's reading a book courtside last night.

superunknown
AG
This picture kills me. It's not as ludicrous as Jimmy Butler's emo Karen pic but it's close.

Guitarsoup
AG
Clippers became the 5th team in NBA history to not get a single offensive rebound in a game.

LawHall88
AG
Faustus
Former NBA player and newly former NBC Sports announcer Matt Barnes literally handling a high school play by play announcer at his son's high school championship basketball game in California:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/matt-barnes-removed-sacramento-kings-222146164.html

I wasn't sure where to put this and didn't want to start a separate thread.
WES2006AG
AG
Faustus said:

Former NBA player and newly former NBC Sports announcer Matt Barnes literally handling a high school play by play announcer at his son's high school championship basketball game in California:

Good move. He should also be banned from all high school sporting events forever. It is beyond time to clean up BS from the fans at youth sporting events.
Aggie09Derek
AG
The Porkchop Express
WES2006AG said:

Faustus said:

Good move. He should also be banned from all high school sporting events forever. It is beyond time to clean up BS from the fans at youth sporting events.
In the early 2000s, I can't remember which year now, I had future Texas Lt Gov Dan Patrick get in my face at a high school volleyball match to let me know how much I sucked at my job. The arena security guards through him out in one of the all-time highlights of my entire life.

Barnes trash talking a 15 year old kid doing radio play by play is such trash. **** that guy.
LawHall88
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Guitarsoup
AG
Aggie09Derek
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
Guitarsoup
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.