*************************** The Memphis Grizzlies Thread ***************************

49,962 Views | 304 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Iowaggie
Iowaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Another game when I'm happy I watch late on DVR and can FF almost the whole 2nd half.

It isn't outside the realm of possibility this is the first round match up.
Iowaggie
AG
Grizzlies add another player to roster with injury exception, setting an NBA record of 28 players to this year's team. Welcome to the team Bryce Cotton...enjoy your 10 days.

Also, RIP to Grizzlies sitting in 5th seed as they should hold a .5 game lead going into tomorrow.

If they don't win tomorrow, they could conceivably end the season on an 11 game losing streak, but still back in to the playoffs in the 7 or 8 seed.

@Orlando
Chicago
@Dallas
GSW
@LAC
@GSW
Iowaggie
AG
Officially in the 6th spot, couldn't beat Orlando.

They look either old, like D-Leaguers, or are Lance Stephenson.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
They're gonna finish 7-8.
Iowaggie
AG
9 is a strong possibility. Houston just has to go at least 4-1 to pass them, which quite likely given they only have Dallas to play in their remaining 5 games.

Depending on what the Spurs and Clippers throw out against Utah, the Jazz are going to go at least 2-3, possibly 3-2 and will pass into the 6 or 7 seed.

Portland is likely to go 3-1.

Dallas also has a brutal schedule with all western conference playoff teams/hopefuls, but who knows what they will see versus Clippers and Spurs.

The game against Dallas will be big, but likely a loss.

I think the only team that is capable of pulling an upset is the Utah Jazz just because they are that young up and coming team that sometimes knocks off an early high seed. Their fans and players are most excited about the playoffs.

Really, if teams 5-8 combine to win 3 or more games against 1-4, I'll be shocked. All the series will feature blowouts...Utah is the only possible exception. Maybe them
aggie_2001_2005
You don't think Portland can win at least 2 games against the Clippers?
Iowaggie
AG
quote:
You don't think Portland can win at least 2 games against the Clippers?

No, especially with Meyers Leonard out, and Fake returning, unless the Clippers implode.

The last few years, Portland would be outside looking in, but after the 4th seed, none of these teams are that good, and there is a significant dropoff from 4 to 5.

The only influence 5-8 will have on these playoffs is through injury or drawing a fight/suspension in an elimination game that carries over to the next series. That is why even though Memphis has the worst roster, if I was a team in the top 4, I would prefer the other teams.

Iowaggie
AG

Grizzlies win a game, beating the "WTH happened to them" Bulls.
0 minutes logged by Lance Stephenson tonight.

Much relief, much celebration, and possibly the last win of the season, even if they make the playoffs.

Iowaggie
AG
Ryan Hollins waived today..again.

The file:

9/28: Signed
10/26: Waived
12/29: Signed
1/6: Waived
1/21: Signed (10d)
2/1: Signed (10d)
2/18: Waived
3/2: Signed
4/7: Waived

Xavier Munford signed for remainder of season.
aggie_2001_2005
Grizz clinch playoffs with Houstons loss
Iowaggie
AG
quote:
Grizz clinch playoffs with Houstons loss

I said it in early March that I can't believe this team is going to make the playoffs in spite of the scrub like tendencies in the roster, but I still can't believe it.

It is conceivable that this team ends the season going 1-10, then get swept by 30+ ppg in the first round....but they kept that playoff streak alive as they will have the third-longest playoff (current) streak in the NBA, behind only San Antonio and Atlanta.

Thanks to others...

Iowaggie
AG
Grizzlies make playoffs, but the bigger news by far is the U of Memphis getting out from the Josh Pastner contract with GA Tech making the out of nowhere hiring of JP as their new coach.

Iowaggie
AG
Frustrating.

Several things. ....

8 seed, here we come

Iowaggie
AG
I think it plays out with no ties from 5-8 (41, 42, 43, and 44 wins):

Warriors v. Rockets (big assumption on Rockets over Kings)
Spurs v. #7 Grizzlies on the NBA TV network mostly (Grizz lose remaining two)
OKC v #6 Mavs (Dallas beats a resting Spurs team)
Clips v #5 Blazers (Port beats Denver)
Iowaggie
AG
Would espn/nba be upset if grizzlies watch Dallas beat spurs and decide to rest players?

The spread for tonight was about 17.
I think it will be much more than that.
aggie_2001_2005
quote:
Would espn/nba be upset if grizzlies watch Dallas beat spurs and decide to rest players?

The spread for tonight was about 17.
I think it will be much more than that.
are you joking?

A warriors win will continue the 2 year long circle jerk to the Warriors and Curry.

Media would love it. They'd spend all game debating whether the Warriors are the GOAT
Iowaggie
AG
I think they would prefer drama with Curry and Co winning another 1 point game.

I"m split on this:

First, there is nothing in the tank, and little to play for, and given the way things ended last game, no chance to win this game.

However, regardless of first round matchup, there is little reason to rest. The next series is done in 4 games. So, this would be their highlight of the year.

But still, after the last two minute report, the likelihood that this game is a 40 point blowout, I don't see much of a reason to watch it, nor play the top players. Let the D-Leagurs get their chance at history.
Iowaggie
AG
Looks to be an early night again
Ganondorf
AG
Gonna lose by 30+
Iowaggie
AG
quote:
Gonna lose by 30+

30 would be a 20 point improvement from their first trip the grizzlies took there in November.

That would have been 26 or 27 starting lineups ago
Iowaggie
AG
At least a playoff series against the Spurs will have the losses ending by 9:45.
Iowaggie
AG
In honor of the 28 players that donned uniforms this year including 28 different starting lineups.

Here's to you, chaps...

Iowaggie
AG
If the refs are going to gift Curry calls, you might as well knock him on his ass
Gigem Trevas
quote:
If the refs are going to gift Curry calls, you might as well knock him on his ass

Iowa I'm just glad we don't have to watch him drop 40 on us in 4 straight playoff games.
Iowaggie
AG
The one thing I looked forward to in playing the Spurs was only 7 or 7:30 games, and now I see 2 of the games are at 8:30.

Ready for this to be over

Gigem Trevas
This will be our gif for the entire series.
Iowaggie
AG
I'm a little more optimistic than that.

Jerry Lawler, or course, represents Memphis.
Mark Henry represents Texas.

Gigem Trevas
It will be 4-0 and the closest game might be within 10 points.
tbirdspur2010
AG
Thanks for the WWE Divas gifs itt, as always.

Was hoping for HOU, but alas.
Gigem Trevas
quote:
It will be 4-0 and the closest game might be within 10 points.
Guitarsoup
AG

I wouldn't want to play with Barnes+Lance+Allen+etc either.
Iowaggie
AG
I look forward to this game with the same anticipation that I would have had had the Aggies hosted OU the week after this....

Tursiops93
AG
quote:
I look forward to this game with the same anticipation that I would have had had the Aggies hosted OU the week after this....

Oh come on...it's in Memphis
Iowaggie
AG
I don't think I'll go to the game tonight, although tickets are available, but I want to see what would get the most emotional response from the crowd given the love affair with music, basketball, and wrestling in Memphis.

-Tribute to Prince
-Tribute to Chyna
-Introduction of Tubby Smith as Tiger's new coach.

I think the classiest way to combine all three would be for the PA announcer to announce Tubby, have Jerry Lawler sneak up from behind and do a Chyna groin shot on Tubby, and Lawler pull down the shoulder strap on his leotard and start singing, "Purple Rain" while pointing to the jumbotron.
Iowaggie
AG
Jarelle Martin out for last two games with a foot injury.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.