EPL Relegation Watch (2023-2024 Season)

10,823 Views | 223 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by ChipFTAC01
oh no
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Notty up now
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Looks like that's that.
BQ_90
AG
All,tied up again
oh no
AG
I think Chelsea is fighting Man U for Europa next year at the 6-7 level in the table so Chelsea won't give up here
BQ_90
AG
And now down a goal
oh no
AG
And just like that Chelsea is up and Forest not as safe for the last week
wangus12
AG
Very cagey semi-finals in the Championship. Both matches ended 0-0 in the first leg
Aston94
AG
Will be a big weekend in the promotion playoffs as the second legs of the Championship playoffs will be on Thursday and Friday. Then the lower divisions will take over as the League One playoff final will be held Saturday and the League Two playoff will be on Sunday, with both to be played at Wembley.

Championship
Promotion Places
1. Leicester City
2. Ipswich Town

Playoffs
3. Leeds United v. 6. Norwich City (first leg--0-0; Second leg Thursday, May 16)
4. Southampton v. 5 West Brom (first leg--0-0; Second leg Friday, May 17)
Playoff Final--Sunday, May 26

All to play for in the two second leg matches on Thursday and Friday as both first legs ended 0-0.

Leeds v. Norwich-Leeds have been in a bad way of late as the Whites have only won 1 of their last 7 matches. We all know how "supportive" the home crowd can be at Elland Road when the clus is not performing, so will be interesting to see how the club handles the pressure. Norwich have lost only 1 of their last 6, so they will travel to Leeds with confidence that they can get a result.

Southampton v. West Brom- Southampton will look to capitalize on the draw at West Brom when they welcome the Baggies to St. Mary's Stadium. The Saints finished 12 points higher in the standings than West Brom and defeated the Baggies twice during the season, but it will come down to 90 miutes on Friday to determine who goes to the playoff final.

League One
Promotion Places
1. Portsmouth
2. Derby County

Playoffs
3. Bolton Wanderers v. 6. Barnsley (Bolton Advance 5-4 on aggregate)
4. Peterborough v. 5. Oxford United (Oxford 2-1 on aggregate)

Playoff Final--Bolton Wanderers v. Oxford (Saturday, May 18).

League Two
Promotion Places
1. Stockport County
2. Wrexham
3. Mansfield Town

Playoffs:
4. MK Dons v 7. Crawley Town (Crawley Town advance 8-1 on aggregate)
5. Doncaster Rovers v. 6. Crewe Alexandria (Crewe advance on penalties, clubs drew two legs 2-2 on aggregate)

Playoff Final--Crawley Town v. Crewe Alexandria (Sunday, May 19)
ChipFTAC01
AG
Glad to see mk dons get their dick kicked in. For having no ties to Wimbledon at all, I love to see them struggle for moving the club.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
ChipFTAC01 said:

Glad to see mk dons get their dick kicked in. For having no ties to Wimbledon at all, I love to see them struggle for moving the club.
Do you listen to the Total Soccer Show?
ChipFTAC01
AG
No. Why?
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
ChipFTAC01 said:

No. Why?
One of the hosts grew up a Wimbledon fan and he hates the Dons. I didn't expect many people to be aware of that situation.
Aston94
AG
Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

No. Why?
One of the hosts grew up a Wimbledon fan and he hates the Dons. I didn't expect many people to be aware of that situation.

MK Dons are pretty universally hated on this board for what they did to Wimbledon.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

No. Why?

Ah, no I just spend too much time reading Wikipedia articles on old and lower level English soccer teams. Did you know (for example) that there's been two League teams in New Brighton across the Mersey from Liverpool? Or the current Accrington Stanley is the third League team in Accrington?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.