*USMNT player and transfer news*

233,198 Views | 3695 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by oh no
deadbq03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He's from Wisconsin so he's practically a dual-citizen.

Great hire for them and I hope he's able to have success and then move on to greener pastures.
Pahdz
I hope he bombs. Canada doesn't need to gain anymore traction in CONCACAF and after he basically used his broadcasting pulpit to try and talk crap on GGG on air (badform whether you agree or not) to bolster his own ego I have no use for him at this time.
Rudyjax
AG
Pahdz said:

I hope he bombs. Canada doesn't need to gain anymore traction in CONCACAF and after he basically used his broadcasting pulpit to try and talk crap on GGG on air (badform whether you agree or not) to bolster his own ego I have no use for him at this time.

I think he was trying to get a job in Italy and couldn't get hired.
Furlock Bones
AG
Claudio Reyna continues to be the worst of the worst soccer dad.

deadbq03
AG
Were there better options on the table that his dad talked him out of?

Would his playing time at Dortmund ever gotten better (as Jadon Sancho joins in January)?

I'd wager the answer to both of those is "no" so he's no worse off having tried IMO. Hindsight is 20/20.
oh no
AG
not playing at BvB vs not playing at Forest. I guess if he had been able to stay on Dortmund's bench, he'd have had really good seats for the Champions League final.

I'm just surprised he wasn't able to break through and become a key cog to help Nottingham stave off relegation. I really expected him to play a lot more there.
Rudyjax
AG
oh no said:

not playing at BvB vs not playing at Forest. I guess if he had been able to stay on Dortmund's bench, he'd have had really good seats for the Champions League final.

I'm just surprised he wasn't able to break through and become a key cog to help Nottingham stave off relegation. I really expected him to play a lot more there.
I read somewhere, not sure the veracity of it, but NF didn't want to play players on loan.
Dre_00
If you read the article it says that Sevilla, Marseille, and Wolves were interested but Forest was picked because because of Nuno's presence at Forest. And article notes that Nuno and Reyna have the same agent.

I hate to say I told you so* (ok, I don't hate it) but this is one of the few things I actually got right. Could tell from a mile away that this was a difficult situation to excel in.

* not you specifically…plural you to those that thought this would end well.
oh no
AG
Rudyjax said:

oh no said:

I read somewhere, not sure the veracity of it, but NF didn't want to play players on loan.
Hard to buy that. Why agree to accept loans from other clubs if you don't think they can help and you don't want to play them? When you're fighting your tails off in tight battles at the bottom of the table to not be relegated, if there's a loaned player that can help you win, you play him. They must have thought they were getting someone that would help them, then for whatever reason after he got there, they determined they couldn't trust him to help.

I have to wonder about his energy / attitude / work-rate in training, because we've all seen him in intl soccer for USMNT and we know he's got the ability- the technical skill, tactical awareness/decision-making, athleticism, and competitiveness to be a good player.
Rudyjax
AG
oh no said:

Rudyjax said:

oh no said:

Hard to buy that. Why agree to accept loans from other clubs if you don't think they can help and you don't want to play them? When you're fighting your tails off in tight battles at the bottom of the table to not be relegated, if there's a loaned player that can help you win, you play him. They must have thought they were getting someone that would help them, then for whatever reason after he got there, they determined they couldn't trust him to help.

I have to wonder about his energy / attitude / work-rate in training, because we've all seen him in intl soccer for USMNT and we know he's got the ability- the technical skill, tactical awareness/decision-making, athleticism, and competitiveness to be a good player.
You would think, but you know how these things go.

carl spacklers hat
Rudyjax said:

oh no said:

Why TF do you take players on loan if you aren't going to play them? That makes zero sense.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
jeffk
AG
Feels like we're due a story featuring an anonymous quote from one of Reyna's teammates saying that he loafs, or literally smells awful, or refuses to take his headphones off during training, or is sleeping with everyone's sisters.
Aston94
AG
jeffk said:

Feels like we're due a story featuring an anonymous quote from one of Reyna's teammates saying that he loafs, or literally smells awful, or refuses to take his headphones off during training, or is sleeping with everyone's sisters.

Why not all the above?
PatAg
AG
Pretty sure most of Reyna's club teammates have liked him, and even been outspoken about it.
Dre_00
Why not? Depending on the terms of the loan it's often a very low outlay of capital. I don't know the terms of his loan but I doubt Forest paid a loan fee and they are likely not covering his full wages. So low investment with some potential reward. But if it doesn't work out for whatever reason Forest isn't too bothered.
Dre_00
Article quotes sources saying he trains well and gets along with everyone. Manager just wanted to play EPL experienced players in the relegation battle.
jeffk
AG
PatAg said:

Pretty sure most of Reyna's club teammates have liked him, and even been outspoken about it.

I know. It's boring.
Rudyjax
AG
carl spacklers hat said:

Rudyjax said:

oh no said:

Why TF do you take players on loan if you aren't going to play them? That makes zero sense.
Left Hand

Right Hand

Why did the Browns draft Johnny Manziel if their coach had no interest in playing him and wanted to make him a pocket passer?

Left Hand

Right Hand
zgolfz85
AG
Dre_00 said:

If you read the article it says that Sevilla, Marseille, and Wolves were interested but Forest was picked because because of Nuno's presence at Forest. And article notes that Nuno and Reyna have the same agent.

I hate to say I told you so* (ok, I don't hate it) but this is one of the few things I actually got right. Could tell from a mile away that this was a difficult situation to excel in.

* not you specifically…plural you to those that thought this would end well.

Any of those clubs would've been great, especially style of play at Sevilla and marseille
tysker
AG
Quote:

a key cog to stave off relegation? That was the best-case scenario
I think most of us just wanted Gio to get some meaningful playing time
oh no
AG
tysker said:

Quote:

a key cog to stave off relegation? That was the best-case scenario
I think most of us just wanted Gio to get some meaningful playing time

well, if he was getting meaningful minutes down the stretch, that would have made him a key cog in that machine.. at least, that's what I meant by key cog.
First Page Refresh
Page 106 of 106

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.