Air Dam Fault - 2022 F150

1,115 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by Jaydoug
Jaydoug
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Keep getting this error message. I've read online what it's and that "it should be covered by warranty" but I'm passed warranty?

I'm outside of the warranty already so how bad will a dealership treat me for it
JB
AG
If it's out of warranty, don't take it to the dealer, unless you just don't like money
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
I just removed mine.

Will be putting the Tremor front valance on mine soon.
Jaydoug
AG
I'll cut the wire before spending a bunch of money on something stupid. I called and Ford said it " activates depending on engine temperature for cooling purposes."

How do you delete it so you don't keep getting the error code?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Jaydoug said:

I'll cut the wire before spending a bunch of money on something stupid. I called and Ford said it " activates depending on engine temperature for cooling purposes."

I just unbolted the screws for the dam and removed it.
The motors are still there. So I have no fault codes.

The dam fault shows when the dam gets jammed up due to road debris or too much wind bending it.

My Kel Co
AG
Just remove it, takes like 30 minutes max.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Jaydoug said:

This is wrong

You have active air shutters behind the grille. Which help with warm up and regulating temps.

The active air dam is behind the bumper lower valance. And helps get 0.00000059 better MPG and that's what is giving you faults. I have mine removed on both my 22 and 23. Zero issues.
Jaydoug
AG
Ok removed the air dam and left the motors. Still got the faults. Just removed both motors. I'm wrapping the connectors in tape. Hope that does it.
tk for tu juan
Near bottom of second page is some discussion on a config for Forscan to disable the airdam and prevent codes once the motors are unplugged/removed
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/disable-active-air-dam-via-forscan.19245/page-2
Jaydoug
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Near bottom of second page is some discussion on a config for Forscan to disable the airdam and prevent codes once the motors are unplugged/removed
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/disable-active-air-dam-via-forscan.19245/page-2

No "ding nannies" since I removed them. Guess I'm in the clear with them just being unplugged.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.