BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2024)

227,155 Views | 1080 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by oklaunion
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
textar4404 said:

Krispy Kreme burned down a few hours ago.
Wow. We were talking about places that happened to around here. Add another one to the list.
TyHolden
AG
Pappadeuax is on deck for Krispy Kreme location....
quantumleap
PS3D said:

quantumleap said:

PS3D said:

Permits have been filed for the promised "gas station and deli" at Villa Maria and Frostwood.

I tried to map this intersection, and didn't have any luck...did you happen mean Forestwood instead (because it definitely looks like an empty lot is located at that intersection with Villa Maria)?
It was Forestwood. I glanced at Google Maps and misread it.
No worries, thanks for the confirmation!
RNAggie
AG
what is the Chickfila on Texas up to? Lots of fencing, etc. Did I miss something?
techno-ag
AG
RNAggie said:

what is the Chickfila on Texas up to? Lots of fencing, etc. Did I miss something?
I think someone said on here they all get remodeled after a while. Maybe it's that store's turn.
MiMi
S
RNAggie said:

More renovations/remodeling I believe.
trouble
AG
Rebuild
iisanaggie
AG
Any chance they remodel without making a bigger disaster of the line for the drive thru? I swear I have not seen any Chick Fil A places that adequately plan for their long lines. Then they try to "fix" the problem which creates even more problems!
Captn_Ag05
AG
PS3D said:

quantumleap said:

PS3D said:

Permits have been filed for the promised "gas station and deli" at Villa Maria and Frostwood.

I tried to map this intersection, and didn't have any luck...did you happen mean Forestwood instead (because it definitely looks like an empty lot is located at that intersection with Villa Maria)?
It was Forestwood. I glanced at Google Maps and misread it.

TDLR info for the gas station. Pretty large footprint for a convenience store.

BiochemAg97
AG
iisanaggie said:

Any chance they remodel without making a bigger disaster of the line for the drive thru? I swear I have not seen any Chick Fil A places that adequately plan for their long lines. Then they try to "fix" the problem which creates even more problems!

West Bryan location seems to be pretty good with drive through and mobile through lanes routed around the outside of the parking lot to give good length before the line overflows. Plus two lanes at the pickup point. Probably the best I have seen.
NotJPMorgan
AG
Mobile thru is by far the best thing they've done. I never wait more than 3 minutes.
happyinBCS
It is my understanding they bought the parking lot to the right as you face it from Texas ave-- kinda of in front of napa flats and will incorporate that in their remodel
AggiePhil
AG
Texas Avenue CFA is being completely torn down and rebuilt.
Visor
AG
When will that be complete?
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
Visor said:

When will that be complete?

I heard end of August.
Gigem314
AG
Garhett_W said:

tu ag said:

I can't find anything that says Varsity Grillhouse has marketed itself as a sports bar. Just a restaurant.

It's in the name… definition of varsity implies sports. (the principal team representing a high school or college in a sport or other competition)
Yeah I don't know if that was the most ideal choice for a name because it definitely gives off the vibe of another sports bar restaurant - of which we now have a lot of in B/CS.

That being said, I'm glad to hear they're actually more of a mid/upper scale place. I'm more motivated to try it after hearing that.
BulldAg99
AG
Gigem314 said:

Garhett_W said:

tu ag said:

I can't find anything that says Varsity Grillhouse has marketed itself as a sports bar. Just a restaurant.

It's in the name… definition of varsity implies sports. (the principal team representing a high school or college in a sport or other competition)
Yeah I don't know if that was the most ideal choice for a name because it definitely gives off the vibe of another sports bar restaurant - of which we now have a lot of in B/CS.

That being said, I'm glad to hear they're actually more of a mid/upper scale place. I'm more motivated to try it after hearing that.

I had it last week for lunch and really enjoyed it. The stuffed mushroom appetizer and chicken fried steak were both really good. The service was excellent and the head chef who came by our table to check on us was very nice. We'll definitely go back.

Definitely more of a mid/upper tier dining experience, with the dinner menu having more diverse menu of pasta, steaks, seafood, etc. The only TVs are 3 (I think) in the smallish bar area.
TyHolden
AG
BulldAg99 said:

Gigem314 said:

Garhett_W said:

tu ag said:

I had it last week for lunch and really enjoyed it. The stuffed mushroom appetizer and chicken fried steak were both really good. The service was excellent and the head chef who came by our table to check on us was very nice. We'll definitely go back.

Definitely more of a mid/upper tier dining experience, with the dinner menu having more diverse menu of pasta, steaks, seafood, etc. The only TVs are 3 (I think) in the smallish bar area.
There's a big screen in the dining area facing 6. Like 70-80 inch screen.

I've seen places start out like this and add more tvs and become a premium sports bar.
michellecan
Is Chili's closing?
NotJPMorgan
AG
Saw that it was "closed temporarily". Assuming remodel.
TyHolden
AG
Chili's needs to follow the Kyle Field model and add 3-4 stories and tower over everybody...even City Hall.
Pantera
AG
TyHolden said:

Chili's needs to follow the Kyle Field model and add 3-4 stories and tower over everybody...even City Hall.
We'll then have to add a giant pepper on the tower point water tower. I'm here for it.
BulldAg99
AG
TyHolden said:

BulldAg99 said:

Gigem314 said:

Garhett_W said:

tu ag said:

There's a big screen in the dining area facing 6. Like 70-80 inch screen.

I've seen places start out like this and add more tvs and become a premium sports bar.
Ah, I walked passed the smaller dining room when I went through the bar to use the restroom, but I didn't see the big TV.

It's a cool place, hope they make it!
JMac03
AG
Per Facebook Chili's is having maintenance work done (maybe water heater?)
TyHolden
AG
Is this place new or is it somebody's kitchen?

https://bbqchicken.com/
trouble
AG
It's new! I meant to mention it a few weeks ago. The guy that does my nails told me about it. I haven't eaten there yet though. It's a chain but he says it's very very good.
PS3D
It opened before the Roni Mac Bar, in the old Fajita Pete's place
nought
AG
Fitch Taco Bell? Trying to order, but phone # is busy and web site says they only have hours on Sundays and Mondays?
9dag
AG
I remember when Chili's opened…. Basically one of the first chain sit down restaurants in town.

Home Depot and where the Old Olive Garden was, were pastures with barb wire.

Had a line out the door from open to close 7 days a week for 6 months.

That's been a minute, but I reckon it's paid for.
It is time to put the chairs in the wagon
maroon barchetta
nought said:

Fitch Taco Bell? Trying to order, but phone # is busy and web site says they only have hours on Sundays and Mondays?

Looks like they are getting ready for a remodel or something.
oklaunion
Are all Taco Bells like that one is?

Would you like to donate a dollar to a TB scholarship?
Then would you like to donate your change to a scholarship?
Then would you like to round up?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.