Outdoors
Sponsored by

Bring the Outdoors Inside: Freezer Brands

721 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by Old Sarge
Max06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking to replace a ~14yr old frigidaire upright frost free freezer before it dies. I've had zero issues with it so far but the compressor is making some noise and it's not worth risking having it die while I'm away or having to settle for what's on the floor at HD/Lowes when the time comes.

What brands have yall had good (or terrible) experiences with?

Will be inside, not a garage fridge. Up tp 36" wide, no height restriction.
CivilEng08
I have an old Frigidaire chest freezer that is still churning almost 20 years later. I bought a covid era frigidaire (now Electrolux) and they misdrilled the holes for the door hinge and the customer service team was completely incompetent. Couldn't replace it with a new one and then gave a partial refund and I had to argue with home depot for the rest. Bought a GE instead and it's been good so far, though GE doesn't have the best appliance reputation.
BrownDeerAggie
AG
I have a Hot Point upright in my basement made in 1959 that is still going strong. It was down there when we bought the house in 2009. I'm sure it weighs a ton and will die if it is moved.
Psalm 42:1
ought1ag
AG
I got one of those $400 smaller ones from Costco. I've loved it so far.

https://www.costco.com/hamilton-beach-11-cu.-ft.-upright-freezer-with-drawer-organization.product.100891509.html
Old Sarge
AG
Have both Whirlpool upright and a Frigidaire, both bought in the last two years. Both models of each brand got very good review from consumers. One in a garage, one in the workshop/mancave. I went with each because of their interior configuration had what I needed for each. Both have performed so far, as would be expected. The Frigidaire that we had for 15+ years in garage use, that had started making a little more noise, we gave to a relative with no expectations of it lasting too long, is still "humming" away two years later and other than the extra noise performs perfectly.

I did use "tall" clear plastic storage totes (minus the tops) to store vacuum sealed meats vertically once frozen solid, which makes it much easier to pull the box and get what you want without having to unstack a bunch of items. A wire basket bottom allows for storing several of the convenience store small bags of ice easily.
"Green" is the new RED.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.