Outdoors
Sponsored by

Hit and Run help

1,541 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by bb2003
Hillcountrybound
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My daughter got hit today coming home from A&M today by the guy in the white truck. He sped off and exited. I understand this may be a lost cause but this is the best pic she could get of the jerk. Any advice or help would appreciated.
theJonatron
AG
That happened to me back in 2004 when I was in HS

Doesn't look like the image is strong enough to zoom in for plate numbers. I'd let it go and buy a dashcam

Sorry man!
CS78
Hate to say it but dont even bother. Had pictures of a dumptruck that scraped the edge of my car. All the numbers off of it, license plate, etc. Could never get anyone to do anything.

Makes you want to chase them down and give law enforcement something bigger to worry about.
FSGuide
CS78 said:

Hate to say it but dont even bother. Had pictures of a dumptruck that scraped the edge of my car. All the numbers off of it, license plate, etc. Could never get anyone to do anything.

Makes you want to chase them down and give law enforcement something bigger to worry about.

Your insurance company didn't want that info?
CS78
I gave it to them but I think damage wasn't bad enough for them to pursue it.
Unemployed
AG
CS78 said:

I gave it to them but I think damage wasn't bad enough for them to pursue it.
The pictures were taken after the fact?

Unless you had video of the truck actually hitting your car or had witnesses, what did you expect the insurance company to do? It would be your word against the other driver.
tamc91
AG
Looks like it is around a 2012-2013 F150.
I have a 2014 F150 and the tail gate is slightly different. Could she tell if it had 2 full doors (supercrew) or just one (crew cab) ?
BrazosDog02
AG
Let insurance fix your car and then buy a dash cam for the future. Too many crazies on the road not to have one. Glad everyone was ok.
cupofjoe04
AG
Hate to say it, but that isn't a lead that can be chased and is not likely worth it even if it could be.

This is why you have insurance. Get your daughter's ride fixed and move on with life. Hopefully she is OK. That can be traumatic.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Call Ben Dover..
bb2003
AG
Tailgate looks like the paint has peeled off on the top left corner. Pretty distinctive look I'd say.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.