Outdoors
Sponsored by

Severe Weather - Hill Country

3,160 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by BlueMiles
TikkaShooter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm seeing some bad bad hail reports from dripping springs, wimberly and San Marcos.

And a nasty hook/tornado warning

Yall be safe
Independence H-D
Nasty. Rolling into San Marcos.

Mowdy Ag
AG
Seeing pics of softball+ size hail in Johnson City.
Independence H-D
Tornado warning expired
JFABNRGR
AG

TikkaShooter
Oh nooo

Any major damage?
Mas89
AG
How could there not be?
JFABNRGR
AG
That was from a friends shop between Johnson City and Henley. At least broken windshields. In my place in DS it wasn't as large, haven't checked trucks yet, but all of our rain tanks looked like water volcanoes.
TikkaShooter
Just wasn't sure if cars were put up, glass on homes, etc. Roofs no doubt aren't built to handle that. I assume even a standing seam metal would be damaged beyond salvaging
aggiedata
AG
ShouldastayedataTm
There is a building in the road on Hwy 80 around the toll road. It was ugly out there but thankfully pretty fast moving cell. Came through Lockhart about an hour ago. Smaller hail but still significant thumps on the roof.
Jason_InfinityRoofer
It's bad.

I've been roofing in the Hill Country for almost a decade now and I am convinced the weather is absolutely more severe and unpredictable than before. It's not scientific. Just an observation.

I rarely got hail here in Rio Medina but the last 8 years it's hailed every year. Usually just pea to nickle sized. Over the past 4 years it's gotten to quarter size and this year we picked up a solid golf ball sized.

Like I said, it's not a scientific study or anything.
EMY92
AG
I moved back to the Waco area in 2005. I grew up in the area.

Last year, there was hail at my house for the first time since I've been back. It wasn't much, and only pea sized. It was much more freqnent when I was growing up here. There has been hail in the area, but much more isolated and never close to my house.

I remember my parent's house getting the roof replaced after several hail storms.
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
We got it last weekend east of San Angelo. Some stones up to softball size, a bit more baseball size, and 90% was golfball/ping pong ball size for 45 minutes straight. Lost a couple kid goats, had three windows less than a month old broken on North side of house, thousands in damage to each vehicle at the house, my two pickups and wife's expedition, roof on house and barn plus north wall of barn is smoked. Crazy part is that over in Runnels County around Ballinger, they got it like that 3-4 times last week.
JFABNRGR
AG
Dirty-8-thirty Ag said:

We got it last weekend east of San Angelo. Some stones up to softball size, a bit more baseball size, and 90% was golfball/ping pong ball size for 45 minutes straight. Lost a couple kid goats, had three windows less than a month old broken on North side of house, thousands in damage to each vehicle at the house, my two pickups and wife's expedition, roof on house and barn plus north wall of barn is smoked. Crazy part is that over in Runnels County around Ballinger, they got it like that 3-4 times last week.

Well if your going to get hail better to have it 3-4X in a week versus a year or more apart.
JFABNRGR
AG
2.0 miles east of JC. Between the pic posts a friend lost 25% of their solar panels and dimpled a couple vehicles.

dodger02
AG
I can hear my insurance rates going up.
jja79
AG
Between this and the flooding last week that's probably true.
water turkey
Oof. I am supposed to pick up a truck in San Marcos next week. Hope it was in the garage…..
Jason_InfinityRoofer
dodger02 said:

Yes, but also the other sound is the sound of companies dropping customers and leaving...

water turkey
dodger02 said:

Yeah, everyone in the state…
CowtownAg06
AG
I was driving home last night from San Antonio to Houston. Had no idea this was going on, but between Seguin and Luling was the worst wind I've ever driven in. It wasn't straight line but would be random gusts and that I had to fight against to stay in my lane.
TikkaShooter
Yeah it knocked out power to a few thousand folks in NB between 9pm-1am
Beckdiesel03
AG
Driving through San Marcos this morning was crazy. Trees snapped in half everywhere. Trailer roof ripped off completely. Smashed food truck from a fallen tree. Meanwhile NB didn't get any of it last night other than some wind.
AgGrad99
AG
Most my life, we'd see hail on occasion. Some years we'd get hail, some years we wouldnt. And if we did, it was usually small enough not to cause too much damage. After 25 years of home ownership, I've had to replace my roof once, and had hail damage on my car maybe...twice?

But it seems like every freaking storm now has hail with hit. What happened to just getting a good ole fashioned thunder storm?
JFABNRGR
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Most my life, we'd see hail on occasion. Some years we'd get hail, some years we wouldnt. And if we did, it was usually small enough not to cause too much damage. After 25 years of home ownership, I've had to replace my roof once, and had hail damage on my car maybe...twice?

But it seems like every freaking storm now has hail with hit. What happened to just getting a good ole fashioned thunder storm?

Because men have forgotten God….the locusts are next or maybe it's the earthquakes.
Tumble Weed
My kid was in San Marcos last night and the car got some ice.

Waiting to see how bad the damage is. Guess that I will be looking for a body shop in Aggieland.
maroon barchetta
Tumble Weed said:

My kid was in San Marcos last night and the car got some ice.

Waiting to see how bad the damage is. Guess that I will be looking for a body shop in Aggieland.

Classic Collision in Bryan
BlueMiles
AG
Any reports from today?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.