Outdoors
Sponsored by

not sure where else to post - creepy

30,563 Views | 163 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by FTAC2011
MAS444
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just wanted to compliment FTAC for being very reasonable and level headed in light of the situation. Sorry you're having to deal with it though. Please feel free to reach out to me if you need any free background research done on someone or want to bounce legal issues.
bam02
AG
I was just going to make the same post about OP. Impressed with his level of reasonable calmness, but appropriate vigilance.
Hobbes01
AG
Good bull MAS.
shalackin
AG
Is this your house? and neighbors?

schwack schwack
AG
Quote:

it feels like a tweaked out meth user on a blitz or a come down experiencing psychosis.

Except that - if it is who OP thinks it is - it's not random but a targeted street where that person used to live. That part is what's scary to me.
EliteElectric
I will say this from a position of experience, never underestimate a deranged person's determination and ability. Stay vigilant and aware. We ended up with a 4k 360* camera system and fortunately have never had an issue since installing it back in 2010.

We had a renter, who, unknown to us is a schizophrenic, that went off his meds and went over the falls. He called my wife to inform her that Jesus had given him our house he was living in and as a result would no longer be paying rent. He also told her that Jesus had given him a 12g shotgun and if I attempted to evict him he would use it on us. Then, he took to wearing a ghillie suit and carrying the shotty around the neighborhood and hiding in the yards of neighbors. Sheriffs picked him up and placed him on a hold and we got him evicted. Sheriff told us that most people underestimate these guys as just "weird" or "looney" but rarely see the actual real threat they can be.

Again, stay vigilant
pdc093
Hobbes01 said:

Good bull MAS.

Echo that.
BrazosDog02
AG
Oh my god.
Rattler12
EliteElectric said:

I will say this from a position of experience, never underestimate a deranged person's determination and ability. Stay vigilant and aware. We ended up with a 4k 360* camera system and fortunately have never had an issue since installing it back in 2010.

We had a renter, who, unknown to us is a schizophrenic, that went off his meds and went over the falls. He called my wife to inform her that Jesus had given him our house he was living in and as a result would no longer be paying rent. He also told her that Jesus had given him a 12g shotgun and if I attempted to evict him he would use it on us. Then, he took to wearing a ghillie suit and carrying the shotty around the neighborhood and hiding in the yards of neighbors. Sheriffs picked him up and placed him on a hold and we got him evicted. Sheriff told us that most people underestimate these guys as just "weird" or "looney" but rarely see the actual real threat they can be.

Again, stay vigilant
Mods............why was this post allowed to stay and my post about a similar experience was removed? It's a valid question asked twice with an email sent to boot. I think an answer is in order and the right thing to do........
mpl35
AG
Rattler12 said:

EliteElectric said:

Again, stay vigilant
Mods............why was this post allowed to stay and my post about a similar experience was removed? It's a valid question asked twice with an email sent to boot. I think an answer is in order and the right thing to do........
it was knowing you.
Bonfire97
AG
If I were dealing with this situation I would focus on protecting my property and let the neighbors handle their own situation. Get a wireless driveway alarm so you can monitor trespass onto your property 24hrs a day. If someone does approach, you can at least be alerted. I personally am never more than 10 sec from a loaded gun (and I mean bullet in the chamber on safety) - house or truck. But, I don't have small kids to worry about, either.
Saltwater Assassin
AG
Hehateme1 said:

Take some vacation,

Sit outside

Beat them with a baseball bat if they come back

Profit

I am almost retired, soon I will volunteer to do these things for people. I try to spread a little ray of sunshine where ever I go

Not trying to derail, but I want to hang out with this guy.
Do right and bear the consequences. -Sam Houston
Catag94
AG
Good advice, and Wow, what a story.
Also, I bet that camera system was a pretty significant investment in 2010.
EliteElectric
Catag94 said:

Good advice, and Wow, what a story.
Also, I bet that camera system was a pretty significant investment in 2010.
Yeah but after the guy threatened my wife with a shotgun it seemed like the best decision. That particular rental is only about a mile from our personal home. Taught my wife to load, rack and use the H&K 12g that sits in the corner of our bedroom around that time as well. "When seconds count the police are just a few minutes away"
aggiesed8r
AG
You should be your "NRA forever" sign next to theirs. They should get the idea.
Naveronski
AG
Jbob04 said:

Surprised by the few posters on here acting like this is no big deal. Y'all remember former A&M football player Thomas Johnson? I'm sure plenty said his behavior was no big deal before he chopped up that jogger with a machete.

Another example today: https://nypost.com/2024/04/19/us-news/man-sets-himself-on-fire-outside-trumps-hush-money-trial-in-nyc/
aTm2004
AG
cupofjoe04 said:

FTAC2011 said:

fullback44 said:

I would think kids messing w the neighbors ..

It 100% is not. It's an adult.

I think they broke into my garage and took the rubber duck and left it as a sign that they have been on my property. I have 4 kids that have a bunch of these ducks.

That looks like it could be a Toyota Sienna. Look at the chrome trim above the windows, and the angle of the back window. Compare it to some stock photos of a 2021+ Sienna. Hard to tell, but maybe. Doesn't perfectly match- it might be a larger hatchback of some sort. That back side window is distinctive, though.

Looks like a Subaru. Maybe some lesbian thing.
One-Eyed Fat Man
AG

T for Texas
AG
Bump to ask if there was any resolution to this?
Redstone
AG
An attempted hex, probably induced by paranoid schizophrenia. The trouble is that the voices are real and external entities.

So he's both responsible for his actions and suffering from undue influence. Reference: Dr. Jerry Marzinsky

Hopefully he fades away from your area, and once there is distance you need to get a priest over to walk and bless as many properties as you can get permission for.
T for Texas
AG
&ct=g
cslifer
Official best thread ever! We have possibly stolen rubber ducks, unhelpful cops, discussion about beating up mentally ill people and Now we are blessing houses and referencing Jerry Marzinsky, who believes that mental illness is actually real demons, as is possession by demons. I think if someone could work in an opinion on the best home defense weapon and the merits of using 6.5 rounds for hunting this could be one for the record books!
Windy City Ag
AG
And that is after the Mods scrubbed 80% of the posts.
FTAC2011
AG
T for Texas said:

Bump to ask if there was any resolution to this?

Sorry meant to follow up earlier.

Luckily, no further suspicious activity has happened. I haven't heard from the family that knows him either. Just letting it play out and staying vigilant.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.