Someone mentioned the NFL is getting unwatchable

4,969 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by E King Trill
Hawk2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rectitude said:

Hawk2007 said:

Royal27 said:

I wouldn't know.

I haven't watched it since the league took a knee.

They've cleaned up since then.

Have you watched any A&M Football games since Kellen Mond led the student athlete charge to tear down Sully? Or, do we Maroon Out that part of A&M history?
I am class of '65 and have not been to campus in years.
Q: Is Sully still standing?

I rarely make it to campus as well. Sully was still there when I was last on campus a year ago.

Though circa-2020 during the height of the BLM tensions when it spilled into the A&M campus, some of the student athletes were getting into the faces of people like yourself... from that era of graduates.
Hawk2007
Definitely Not A Cop said:

https://instagr.am/p/CzFrwQGsr2Y

Good one!
MooreTrucker
AG
Royal27 said:

I wouldn't know.

They don't do that anymore. Some of the other stuff they promote about the league and players off the field and the side things like the P&G DEI commercial are almost as bad, but most of the kneeling and BLM on the helmets and all that has gone away.
MooreTrucker
AG
Hawk2007 said:

Rectitude said:

Hawk2007 said:

Royal27 said:

I wouldn't know.

Have you watched any A&M Football games since Kellen Mond led the student athlete charge to tear down Sully? Or, do we Maroon Out that part of A&M history?
I am class of '65 and have not been to campus in years.
Q: Is Sully still standing?

I rarely make it to campus as well. Sully was still there when I was last on campus a year ago.

Though circa-2020 during the height of the BLM tensions when it spilled into the A&M campus, some of the student athletes were getting into the faces of people like yourself... from that era of graduates.
Eh, kids are stupid. Especially when they have so many voices in their ears telling them how horrible white people are too them. Even that stuff has faded away as far as I can tell.
The Porkchop Express
Royal27 said:

I wouldn't know.

But you come on the NFL board on Christmas Day to read threads more than 7 years later?
Southlake
Does anyone record the games and zip thru the all the extraneous crap?
TexAggie1999
Hawk2007 said:

TexAggie1999 said:

Hawk2007 said:

Royal27 said:

I wouldn't know.

The difference is that the NFL embraced BLM and all of the social justice crap in 2020. They haven't apologized for that and I don't expect they ever will. I haven't watched an NFL game since then and make it a point to not pay any attention to the NFL. I have no idea who is looking like a playoff team in the NFL.

A&M didn't give into Mond and his merry band of social justice warriors. I didn't watch any games with Mond after his antics (skipped the 2020 season). If the University had given into Mond, I would not be watching today.

You could have just said: With Aggies, it's (D)ifferent.

It isn't different with Aggies. If they embrace BLM and these "social justice" (which aren't social justice but instead are just discrimination against a different set of people), then I won't watch them or care about them either.
Citizen Reign
Royal27 said:

I wouldn't know.

I'm not into the cancel culture in any way. It's just people being fake.
double aught
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Royal27 said:

I wouldn't know.

But you come on the NFL board on Christmas Day to read threads more than 7 years later?
Like Vegans or Crossfitters. Must let everyone know!
MookieBlaylock
AG
don't forget people in AA and Jiu Jitsu
Mozart Paintings
AG
And Pelaton exercisers
agracer
AG
achooooo said:

4:08 PM Swift scores a TD for Philadelphia; score was reviewed and overturned (his knee was down). Between the review and 2 sets of commercials it was 4:16 PM when they resumed play.
College is worse. I was skipping thru a DVR Ag game last year and over a 15 min. time on the real world clock there was 3m of game play……(as in the game clock went from 10:00 to 7:00 and the clock in y wall went from 2:55PM to 3:10 PM, there was maybe 4 plays).

It's ridiculous.
Luke The Drifter
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

Luke The Drifter said:

Yet it still runs at a much better and smoother pace than college football. No 3 hour 45 minute games in the NFL.

FBS game duration average in 2023 was 3 hours, 16 minutes. Your numbers here were few and far between as only 15% of the games went over 3.5 hours, so to go 3.75 hours, the game involved an unusual delay or OT.

Source: Steve Shaw,

Compare apples to apples. Take all of the college football games *not* on major networks out of the equation. Once you remove all of the ESPN+ type games and only look at the major network games (CBS, ABC, NBC, ESPN, FOX, etc.) only, you can truly compare the length of NFL games to the length of CFB games.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
htxag09
AG
Hawk2007 said:

Luke The Drifter said:

Yet it still runs at a much better and smoother pace than college football. No 3 hour 45 minute games in the NFL.

Yeah, I don't understand it either. NFL takes the fewest snaps, but pretty much any NFL game moves better than most college games. The commentators tend to be much higher quality, too. Granted, there are far fewer teams in NFL versus CFB.

If you actually want to routinely see good football, watch NFL. If you want to follow player careers, watch NFL.

College ball is fine and all, but the vast majority of those players will never play a second of NFL football.
Pretty sure NFL has rules around television timeouts and number per half.

College....well does not. The insanely long half time doesn't help, either.

And lol at so many snowflakes coming to the NFL board to chime in that they never watch NFL....
Iowaggie
AG
Seems like Americans still like their football, especially NFL football.
93 of top 100 viewed shows are NFL games. Of the remaining, 1 was a show following the Super Bowl game, 3 were College FB

boy09
AG
Probably could have had 100/100, but only got 93 because of woke
GoAgs92
AG
Thank God for gambling.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
NFL games run smoother and quicker than CFB games. Because most NFL games are aired on regular network channels Fox, CBS, NBC, and ABC, they are accessible to much more people than CFB games.
LB12Diamond
AG
What kills college games more than anything.

Targeting rule which results in a review if called. I hate the targeting rule all together.

Unlimited reviews. They need to change it to the same rules as the pros.
htxag09
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Targeting rule which results in a review if called. I hate the targeting rule all together.

Unlimited reviews. They need to change it to the same rules as the pros.

Like everything in college it's the tv timeouts and lack of regulation that make reviews unbearable. Most reviews, especially targeting, take less than 30 seconds. But that doesn't stop espn from using the opportunity to take a 4 minute tv timeout. Teams know the ruling, meet on the sideline for 3 minutes, line up, are ready, but are just waiting for the commercial break to be over to start the next play.
The Porkchop Express
Another nail in the coffin for the NFL

NFL averages 17.9M viewers in 2023, up 7% from previous year

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39277615/nfl-averages-179m-viewers-2023-7-previous-year
boy09
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Lol, no. There's like maybe 1 per game.
agracer
AG
IslanderAg04 said:

Hows about KC game having a dedicated Taylor Swift Camera.
Chiefs Viewership Increased when Swift attends games

Quote:

When Swift attended an October 2 game where the Chiefs played the New York Jets, it was the most-watched NFL game since the Super Bowl in February. Viewership peaked at an estimated 29 million during the game, according to Forbes. An estimated 113 million viewers watched the Super Bowl, Forbes reported.

According to NBC, the October 2 Chiefs-Jets game garnered 2 million more female viewers compared to the three previous weeks of games. NFL game viewership among girls between the ages of 12 and 17 increased by 53% during that time period, NBC reported.
E King Trill
AG
Royal27 said:

I wouldn't know.

Lol
E King Trill
AG
Pooh-ah95_ESL said:

GigEmReggie said:

A lot of the woke stuff is annoying but it seems to me you have to be a pretty big bigot to rail against social justice to the point of boycotting anyone who advocates for it.

Very wrong take. Being against Marxism and racism does not make one a bigot. It is the opposite actually...

Tucker C tell you to have this viewpoint?
E King Trill
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Another nail in the coffin for the NFL

NFL averages 17.9M viewers in 2023, up 7% from previous year

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39277615/nfl-averages-179m-viewers-2023-7-previous-year

They're really driving away those fans in droves!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.