Job Network
Sponsored by

Digital Interviews

3,603 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by AJ02
RABAg04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We did this for a position in my group. Global O&G company so not sketchy. It was for an individual contributor role, not entry level but not leadership. It's the first time I've seen it used.

We used it to weed out people that couldn't handle technology, people that recorded themselves in the truck or wearing a t-shirt. I think we looked at 10 videos and picked 4 to interview.

It was weird but it did save some time. I wasn't hiring manager but helped review the videos.
TexasAGGIEinAR
409Texag said:

File5 said:

Don't see why you wouldn't, what have you got to lose?

Did the videos this morning and already got the email for the next interview stage!
Good to hear feedback on this. Was laid off yesterday by a large CPG company out of The Bay Area and job hunting for the first time in years. I'm not sure what to expect. My previous 2 company changes were due to being reached out to with better opportunities. Day 1 of searching is already giving me a headache. It looks like I may have to prepare for this, among other new things!
409Texag
TexasAGGIEinAR said:

409Texag said:

File5 said:

Did the videos this morning and already got the email for the next interview stage!
Good to hear feedback on this. Was laid off yesterday by a large CPG company out of The Bay Area and job hunting for the first time in years. I'm not sure what to expect. My previous 2 company changes were due to being reached out to with better opportunities. Day 1 of searching is already giving me a headache. It looks like I may have to prepare for this, among other new things!

I know where you're coming from. My dad was the fire chief and emergency response coordinator for a refinery here in Beaumont and just got laid off due to the refinery closing its doors. He's job searching for the first time in 16 years and it might as well be rocket science to him.
AgLA06
AG
409Texag said:

TexasAGGIEinAR said:

409Texag said:

File5 said:

I know where you're coming from. My dad was the fire chief and emergency response coordinator for a refinery here in Beaumont and just got laid off due to the refinery closing its doors. He's job searching for the first time in 16 years and it might as well be rocket science to him.
It's not just him. I've averaged a new company every 4-5 years. I just turned 40 and was part of the first generation to embrace and rely on technology. The current job hunting / hiring system is broken. It seems hopeless to job hunt right now unless you are in sales.
409Texag
My degree is in fire, safety and health but I've applied for two sales development programs for industrial equipment rental companies and made the interview stage with both. Even though I just have an Associates degree. Thought I knocked the first interview with company 1 out of the park but never heard back even after a follow up email. Interviewed with company 2 yesterday and think I did well & they say I'll hear back from them by the end of the week. We'll see. Just trying to get my career started!
AgLA06
AG
Is that a degree for EMS and Firefighters? Or something similar to HSE?
409Texag
It's more geared towards OSHA. It did include firefighter classes such as fire science, firefighter heath & safety etc. Fire prevention and protection systems, as well as ergonomics, emergency management, and various OSHA classes. Graduated with it from Blinn last week. Most of my classes were at the TEEX fire field! Relatively new program. All of my professors were either past high ranked firefighters and instructors at TEEX as well as people in charge of the A&M fire protection systems.

Growing up I did want to be a firefighter but my dad who was a career firefighter for a not so great city (before he went to the refinery) kinda pushed me into the industrial side of things.
RABAg04
AG
COP is hiring for HSE in Permian. Job posting is on linked in
File5
AG
Nice!!! I see you're keeping us updated, can't wait to hear how it turns out
TexasAGGIEinAR
I have a degree in business management. I've been in Logistics for 15 years and just added 2 years of DC Ops Management. That being said, most everything I see at other CPG companies is for category managers, engineers or sales. Starting this rollercoaster at 43 isn't ideal. Is Indeed the best stop for searches and resume posting?
AJ02
AG
Despite what others say, I've had good luck with LinkedIn. Last two jobs I've had came from LinkedIn. I had 3 offers last time I was in the job hunt. One came from a recruiter who reached out to me via LI, and 2 from job postings I found on LI.

Also had a recruiter reach out to me late last year that found me on LI.
AgLA06
AG
Other than being "open for work" are you doing anything to be noticed? Could it be more the field you are in?
TexasAGGIEinAR
AJ02 said:

Despite what others say, I've had good luck with LinkedIn. Last two jobs I've had came from LinkedIn. I had 3 offers last time I was in the job hunt. One came from a recruiter who reached out to me via LI, and 2 from job postings I found on LI.

Also had a recruiter reach out to me late last year that found me on LI.
I had LI and just got spammed constantly. I had carriers sending me setup packages to my work email 10x a day. Those things ate up my inbox space badly. I guess it's hit and miss on success. I'm hoping Indeed works alright.
AJ02
AG
AgLA06 said:

Other than being "open for work" are you doing anything to be noticed? Could it be more the field you are in?

I signed up for the free month of LinkedIn premium and got a lot of legit interest from recruiters.

My field is manufacturing/planning/supply chain. Was in medical devices now back in O&G.
AJ02
AG
Yeah, I was getting a lot of requests from people asking if I'd be interested in their logistics services, trucking , etc. I just ignored them.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.